• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Rio Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
This video has been out a few days now. Kinda just zoned out after hearing about it the first time. 2:13 he states No Lift Shift. Big deal, not a big deal?

Sponsored

mabcim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64.5 Mustang Conv, ā€˜22 Maverick, ā€˜23 Escape
Another interior view and all I see is the glare on the screens šŸ™
Certianly didnā€™t like the lag for HVAC, but maybe that is correctable.

mcky2011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 Premium 21 F150 XLT 3.5
The later videos didn't show that kind of lag in the screens.

I'm not sure how much fuel they burned on that loop, but the driver kept the car mostly in 4th (1.24:1), only saw him go to 5th once which is the 1:1 on the Tremec.
That must have been deliberate to keep the sound level up or to try to put more seat of the pants feel on the ride for the ride along guy.

I tend to go straight to the overdrive gear from 2nd or 3rd depending on the situation.

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
Another thing that I noticed especially in this video. Everything in the car looks "greyish" and the only black element are the screens. This really pops out. Maybe it is also a light topic, but the contrast is quite big.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1
The most compelling thing I heard in that video was the fact how they improved the front end feel of the s550. The better feel and quicker steering ratio is a big plus for me one of my biggest complaints with the S550 Mustang. Coming out of an E92 M3 with hydraulic steering along with a Porsche 911s made me really miss the steering feel of those two cars versus the Mustang. I think a lot of the GT350 and the GT500 went into the s650.

NotAMustangFanYet_011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not A Mustang
Only thing I got from this video is that Ford never lets people drive their almost production ready cars, despite the other two brands doing so.

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
Iā€™m curious if they put no lift shift in the GTā€™s?

93_SVT_3503

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 King Ranch Expedition, 1967 Ford Bronco half-cab, 1993 Mustang Cobra, 1967 F250 Highboy
You guys lift when you shift?! :sunglasses: :rockon:

junqdawg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018Mustang GT 5.0 10 speed
This video has been out a few days now. Kinda just zoned out after hearing about it the first time. 2:13 he states No Lift Shift. Big deal, not a big deal?

That was 16 minutes of my life I wasted... I know it was 21 mins. but I watched all I could stand. I watched the speedo needle as best I could , Did he ever get over 60 MPH ? Kept waiting for some cool shifting to happen. All I got was a nice scenic ride thru the countryside.Don't get me wrong
I love the CAR itself, although I'd trade the cost of all that fancy electronic stuff and apply it to more power under the hood. Let's face it , it all looks cool and hi-tech ,but do we really, really need all that .? Now I understand the so-called chip shortage this world went through. Wonder how many chips it takes to create all that visual stuff. I know you younger folks love it ,if so I'm happy for you . My first "STANG " was highschool , 1966 RED/Fastback GT 271 HP /4sp. NEW.....NO A/C ,NO
P/S, NOTHING but raw - ass power and back in the day was a real kickass ride . Gave the 396 SS
Malibu's a run for their money to the "Big-END" , But they had the "cubes" and you couldn't do anything about that . I congratulate all you folks that are gonna own one of these '24's . But the video was a dud as to what I was expecting . But appreciate the "POSTER" . junqdawg

VenomousDeath

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They pushed all they could put of that coyote without going back to the drawing Board , itā€™s basically put the least amount of money and time into this to push a new model forward to give them enough time to create the EV mustang coupe that will replace this likely in 2030! They didnā€™t have the time to make a suitable EV all car manufacturers are way behind the 8 ball šŸŽ±

They changed the bumper new headlights a few more Hp and had to follow the trend of every other vehicle manufacturer on the road with a futuristic update to the interior.

This Will suffice until they play catch-up with Tesla and get a consumer Mustang Coupe to the market.

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
That was 16 minutes of my life I wasted... I know it was 21 mins. but I watched all I could stand. I watched the speedo needle as best I could , Did he ever get over 60 MPH ? Kept waiting for some cool shifting to happen. All I got was a nice scenic ride thru the countryside.Don't get me wrong
I love the CAR itself, although I'd trade the cost of all that fancy electronic stuff and apply it to more power under the hood. Let's face it , it all looks cool and hi-tech ,but do we really, really need all that .? Now I understand the so-called chip shortage this world went through. Wonder how many chips it takes to create all that visual stuff. I know you younger folks love it ,if so I'm happy for you . My first "STANG " was highschool , 1966 RED/Fastback GT 271 HP /4sp. NEW.....NO A/C ,NO
P/S, NOTHING but raw - ass power and back in the day was a real kickass ride . Gave the 396 SS
Malibu's a run for their money to the "Big-END" , But they had the "cubes" and you couldn't do anything about that . I congratulate all you folks that are gonna own one of these '24's . But the video was a dud as to what I was expecting . But appreciate the "POSTER" . junqdawg
You can always tell it's a junqdawg post when RANDOM words are CAPITALIZED at WILL. Don't FORGET his legendary SIGNOFF -unfairslide
Sponsored