• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 HP Prior: 20 SS 1LE, 17 GT350
Lol OK. You get my point though…lower trim wheels, lacking additional aero.

FWIW, I think the DH HP > M1 HP.

There is no such thing as a base Mach 1. It’s either a Mach 1 PP or Mach 1 HP.
Sponsored

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
I know it is a good looking car, but in that shot, the M1 just looks dated
Agreed, it's because everything is disjointed on the 2018-23s. Feels like a bunch of elements taken from different cars. Whereas the s650 is more cohesive. Adding the unified brow to the front end design worked wonders for it. Looks incredible.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1
I know it is a good looking car, but in that shot, the M1 just looks dated
It’s not dated it’s simply different and you’re used to seeing it vs. something new and bold. Nicer? Depends on the person looking at it. I’ve seen some 2013 Boss 302’s I’d have any day in place of my car. I think the DH looks like a raccoon honestly, with the GT looking the better of the two S650’s. (For the record I like raccoons but I don’t think it’s a flattering look on cars.)

Last edited:

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
The picture below shows very well that the S550 look dated next to the S650. I mean come on guys. I like my S550 very much as well, but sometimes you need to let go as well :D Nobody forces you to buy the S650, but this eager defensive attitude by just saying " oh the S650 is not that well developed" is just lame.

Again, it has been always said --> " Evolution" not " Revolution" / If you want a revolution ( and I can understand that), then wait until Gen 8 comes out (if so).

S650 Mustang S650 Mustang vs S550 Mustang side-by-side comparison pics thread grabber blue comparison.JPG

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The picture below shows very well that the S550 look dated next to the S650. I mean come on guys. I like my S550 very much as well, but sometimes you need to let go as well :D Nobody forces you to buy the S650, but this eager defensive attitude by just saying " oh the S650 is not that well developed" is just lame.

Again, it has been always said --> " Evolution" not " Revolution" / If you want a revolution ( and I can understand that), then wait until Gen 8 comes out (if so).

grabber blue comparison.JPG
It looks much better as a GT than the DH. And that is an excellent example. still can’t get into the rear redesign…too Civic R for me and staring at IPads stuck to my dash in
my face in a performance car doesn’t appeal to me. As far as vs. the gen 2 above, I think the contrast difference between the two photos is making it look more dated than reality. I’d bet if someone unfamiliar with mustangs were to see two mint examples side by side they wouldn’t be able to tell which was the newest.

Last edited:

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
The picture below shows very well that the S550 look dated next to the S650.
One of the things that bug me the most about the S650 front end are the mix of gloss and matte black on the front end, which you can't really see in this picture. The fact that you have a large gloss black grille (I'm not personally a fan of the part that extends to the bumper) but the lower corner black inserts are matte looks terrible in person, IMO. It's a small thing and I suppose an easy fix, but I can't for the life of me understand why the designers think that it looks good.

I also think the hood vent sucks. I'd like to see a body color version to see if I like it better, but I'm just not a huge fan of vents that are clearly just cut outs in the hood with something stuck in there. I prefer when a hood is shaped to accommodate it (think 03 Cobra vents versus S650).

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
lol I feel like I’m taking crazy pills because every thread becomes a “no u” about what’s better
Indeed. But inevitable on a site largely populated by enthusiasts who by definition have strong engagement and beliefs. Going to be the same whether it's comparing one car model to another, one tire to another, or one team to another.

I don't understand that people are annoyed or surprised that it didn't drastically change.
They're generally not. Some folks just don't like the changes because their expectations weren't met. Which is ok...isn't it?

this eager defensive attitude by just saying " oh the S650 is not that well developed" is just lame.
You're confusing different views to yours with 'eager defensiveness' and being 'lame' which sadly just belittles the views of others. Most folks come on here to discuss car stuff and if we all agreed with everything the site would be quickly gone. Would you have all discussion of the S650 that didn't sing its praises banned? Taking your lead one could suggest that 'eager defensiveness' of the S650 is just 'lame'. Car styling is a subjective thing, try just respecting the views of other enthusiasts.

Exactly, don't even understand why some people have to tear down the s650 to feel good about the s550.
Some folks probably always felt good about the S550 and still do, and they're just disappointed with the S650. They're allowed to be. Inevitably some opinions will change when we see the S650 in the wild but until then...why not let the discussion roll.

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One of the things that bug me the most about the S650 front end are the mix of gloss and matte black on the front end, which you can't really see in this picture. The fact that you have a large gloss black grille (I'm not personally a fan of the part that extends to the bumper) but the lower corner black inserts are matte looks terrible in person, IMO. It's a small thing and I suppose an easy fix, but I can't for the life of me understand why the designers think that it looks good.

I also think the hood vent sucks. I'd like to see a body color version to see if I like it better, but I'm just not a huge fan of vents that are clearly just cut outs in the hood with something stuck in there. I prefer when a hood is shaped to accommodate it (think 03 Cobra vents versus S650).
Yes, I agree with you on these points. I also never understood why Ford doesn't make a complete solution. Don't know whether it has something to do with cost savings. This issue is also on the current Gen GT where the upper grill is in glossy black and the small lower grill in matt grey.

Surprisingly they could do that better with the Bullitt and Mach 1.....

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Indeed. But inevitable on a site largely populated by enthusiasts who by definition have strong engagement and beliefs. Going to be the same whether it's comparing one car model to another, one tire to another, or one team to another.

They're generally not. Some folks just don't like the changes because their expectations weren't met. Which is ok...isn't it?

You're confusing different views to yours with 'eager defensiveness' and being 'lame' which sadly just belittles the views of others. Most folks come on here to discuss car stuff and if we all agreed with everything the site would be quickly gone. Would you have all discussion of the S650 that didn't sing its praises banned? Taking your lead one could suggest that 'eager defensiveness' of the S650 is just 'lame'. Car styling is a subjective thing, try just respecting the views of other enthusiasts.

Some folks probably always felt good about the S550 and still do, and they're just disappointed with the S650. They're allowed to be. Inevitably some opinions will change when we see the S650 in the wild but until then...why not let the discussion roll.
I understand where you are coming from and "constructive" criticism is legit, but just saying it is not advanced because they happen to expect something much more bigger, doesn't do it either. As mentioned now numerous times, Ford told us how the story will continue and many independant sources too. If people expected something completely new with radical changes, then they just do not read properly or have false expectations.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
It happens on every car forum. Guess I’ll never understand the thought process behind being one of the people that spend a ton of time on a forum like this to restate their dislike of the car for the tenth or—in the case of a handful of users on this forum—hundredth time. Seems exhausting.

No different on other model-specific forums, but easy to make a few assumptions.The two most common scenarios probably involve:

A. Being passionate about your purchase; a ton of the dissenters here are M6G users who 1) bought an S550 because they love it and 2) made an M6G account… because they love it. And the S650 changes a lot of what they love while retaining the same canvas. So it begs the activity from existing users. Having this cross-posting thing with M7G just lets a ton of passion and negativity breathe over that would otherwise likely not exist, or exist in far less volume.

B. Justifying their purchases. It’s not the newest thing anymore, so it creates some kind of comfort to talk down on the follow-up product to something that is likely the second-largest asset to someone’s name. Gotta justify your ride right.

And sure, there are tons of other level and measured opinions out there. Not trying to diminish or dismiss. But the behavior is so cliche in the online car community.

Tonystark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang 4-Turbo w/Pony package
I understand where you are coming from and "constructive" criticism is legit, but just saying it is not advanced because they happen to expect something much more bigger, doesn't do it either. As mentioned now numerous times, Ford told us how the story will continue and many independant sources too. If people expected something completely new with radical changes, then they just do not read properly or have false expectations.
I think most people that have a problem, big or small, with the s650 did not necassarily expect 'completely new' or 'radical changes' (I didn't), but just a better looking iteration, which did not happen.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think most people that have a problem, big or small, with the s650 did not necassarily expect 'completely new' or 'radical changes' (I didn't), but just a better looking iteration, which did not happen.
At least it wasn’t killed off altogether and there are still plenty of S550’s around if you want one. I’d hate to have to be forced into an S650 if there weren’t. It’s still a really nice car and I’m sure folks will love them. Time marches on. The whole DH theme song doesn’t do it for me, but Ford must broaden their market away from the over 50 crowd and generate some new buyers. Those folks grew up with the transformer look so it looks good to them crooked spoilers, indented rears, driving iPads and all. Just be thankful they haven’t come out with the crooked wheel edition. I think that might actually make me nauseous. You really can’t go too extreme using classic nameplates. The DH nomenclature gave them some design freedom to get edgier.
I do think though that the S550 will be looked upon as a watermark in Mustang history.

Last edited: