• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Yes, does it look familiar?
bronco-2021-75-front-row--interior--steering-wheel.jpg

Plus look at "spy pics" and the relation of the new Mustang steering wheel compared to the driver's legs/knees...even with a flat bottom, it looks very close to the driver's lower body.
I personally like the chunkier design with the flat bottom, looks sportier/more modern. But to each their own.
Sponsored

dfanucci

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang Coupe
I'm really trying to like it. Honestly, the main dash panel, and the 12" look fine. It's that center vent "pod" that just looks half-baked. The vents and the usb charging panel are facing directly to the rear, yet the switch panel is what looks like cocked at an angle towards the driver. It just looks cheap. It's as if it is its own area, and not part of the overall dash. It looks as if I could grab that pod with 2 hands a pull it straight out of the car.

kws6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT
That line of "buttons" don't appear to be buttons to me. It looks as if the driver will "touch" the exposed small metal bar, which will relay the "push" signal to the module for change of functions.
Agreed. Looks like Ford has doubled down on the epic fail of touch controls.

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT, 2020 Ford F150
Can you do the poop emoji next for the interior?
Personally I don't have an opinion about the interior yet, but since the original artist hasn't responded I thought I'd help you out
S650 Mustang S650 Mustang INTERIOR First Look Spyshots! + More Exterior Shots F4E5FEF2-A452-4286-81E0-E37EB2253FB1

MustangMac67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
Because we can't really see the top of the dash due to the camo, here's a quick sketch I threw together to illustrate how this could look with the double brow theme. Would need to lower the brows a bit, but you get the idea.

Dashboard sketch.png
yes

Nexus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I think you guys are reaching for the double brow.

Look at the animated layout on the screen.
The brow over the driver gauges extend over to the middle screen and down just after the 2nd vent.

It allows the screens to stay recessed and out of direct sunlight.
They moved the vents downward to open the space up for the screen, which could accommodate larger sizes than what we see without looking tacked on like an iPad sticking up.

MustangJoe84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 GT, 1998 GT Sport, 2003 Mach1, 2015 GT
About the interior, I keep saying 'where have I seen this before'? The new dash reminds me of the later refreshed Fox body interior, with rectangle vents in the middle down low, 'driver centric' dash pod and blocky style steering . Very 80's to me. The sketch above kinda confirmed my thoughts. Please tell me I am loosing it and totally wrong. I really love the S550 dash, even in my base 2015 GT.

MustangJoe84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 GT, 1998 GT Sport, 2003 Mach1, 2015 GT
...and an audio volume control knob on the passenger side??? and auto start stop???

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
I'll reserve final judgment until we see the exterior, however, here's where I think we should be thankful for at this point in time.

1. Pure ICE V8 still available.
2. RWD still standard.
3. Manual (at least for North American markets) likely still available.
4. Physical handbrake still available.
5. Physical volume button.

I would lament the loss of the double brow dash as much as the next guy. However, if the car is a stunner and performs admirably, I'll get over it. I also don't really care about the digital HVAC controls. This car will not be my daily driver, and so HVAC controls are not even that relevant to me.

For those upset about auto stop/start - either get a manual that will likely not have it, or disable it via Forscan.

P.S., I bet the center stack will look great displaying various performance metrics similar to Dodge's performance pages implementation.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
I'll reserve final judgment until we see the exterior, however, here's where I think we should be thankful for at this point in time.

1. Pure ICE V8 still available.
2. RWD still standard.
3. Manual (at least for North American markets) likely still available.
4. Physical handbrake still available.
5. Physical volume button.

I would lament the loss of the double brow dash as much as the next guy. However, if the car is a stunner and performs admirably, I'll get over it. I also don't really care about the digital HVAC controls. This car will not be my daily driver, and so HVAC controls are not even that relevant to me.

For those upset about auto stop/start - either get a manual that will likely not have it, or disable it via Forscan.

P.S., I bet the center stack will look great displaying various performance metrics similar to Dodge's performance pages implementation.
Exactly, the exterior design always matters more than the interior layout in cars like the mustang. If the exterior is a knockout and that's how it kinda sounds according to some insiders, then I'll still be happy with it.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
Pretty late to the party here, just moved and PC and internet is running now again 😁

We obviously have three models here:
US Ecoboost (small brakes)
S650 Mustang S650 Mustang INTERIOR First Look Spyshots! + More Exterior Shots 1649797985704

EU GT (nice wheels, bigger brakes, EU mirrors)
S650 Mustang S650 Mustang INTERIOR First Look Spyshots! + More Exterior Shots 1649798012257

EU Hybrid AWD (rear brake on the inner side of the wheel, EU mirrors)
S650 Mustang S650 Mustang INTERIOR First Look Spyshots! + More Exterior Shots 1649798039008

In terms of the interior: I really love what Ford is doing here. Big horizontal displays and still having a few pyhsicals buttons is exactly was I was hoping for. Seems like Ford get that the vertical display of the Mach E was not the way to go for the future. It reminds me of the C8 interior in a good way.

Overall the interiors design has way more edges, something I always though the exterior design will feature too based on the spyshots and I see that a slight confirmation for that. So the S650 might overall look like a more bulky and edgy S550. I think some people will see Camaro or Gen 5 elements in that in the end.

jgilkey

Threads
Reaction score
Website
locusautomotive.com
Vehicle(s)
Ordered: 2021 Mach 1
These all seem to be EU spec cars. I'm thinking they are Base EB, GT and GT PP/M1/BOSS versions. The lower grills on the last one definitely have some M1/GT500 styling on them compared to the others.

Pretty late to the party here, just moved and PC and internet is running now again 😁

We obviously have three models here:
US Ecoboost (small brakes)
1649797985704.png

EU GT (nice wheels, bigger brakes, EU mirrors)
1649798012257.png

EU Hybrid AWD (rear brake on the inner side of the wheel, EU mirrors)
1649798039008.png

In terms of the interior: I really love what Ford is doing here. Big horizontal displays and still having a few pyhsicals buttons is exactly was I was hoping for. Seems like Ford get that the vertical display of the Mach E was not the way to go for the future. It reminds me of the C8 interior in a good way.

Overall the interiors design has way more edges, something I always though the exterior design will feature too based on the spyshots and I see that a slight confirmation for that. So the S650 might overall look like a more bulky and edgy S550. I think some people will see Camaro or Gen 5 elements in that in the end.