• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Rothgray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Or They have replaced it with "M" which will be like Sport mode?
They're usually two different things. Sport shifting in most vehicles means the car will shift faster, more aggressively, and at a higher designated RPM. Manual mode typically means the trans won't shift until the user gives it some form of input.
Sponsored

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Chevy has done a great job with Corvette C8... I was expecting a similar attack with S650 but now I have no hope... It looks like that Mustang will be like another Ford car. I wish I had enough money to purchase the Mustang brand and design something that Mustang folks want...
I mean, didn't everyone attack, and rightfully so, some aspects of the c8's interior? Like the infamous wall of buttons for example? That alone looks worse than anything we're seeing here.

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
Yeah, like others have said, it looks somewhat like a Bronco interior to me, not really surprising. I am liking the horizontal screen instead of the large 'iPad' in the middle of the dash. I think it is a wait and see for me, but I do not HATE anything I am seeing so far personally.

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F250 Super Duty SOLD
Remember Ford made this and called it a mustang. If you don’t think the mustang name is watered down a lot at this point you would be foolish. That being said it’s hard to judge something like the interior just from a few photos of the unfinished product, I will wait for better pictures before I make up my mind.
S650 Mustang S650 Mustang INTERIOR First Look Spyshots! + More Exterior Shots AFF648EC-BF12-4422-AAB1-CFE2BF9E9F73

Toretto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Iconic Silver
Just happy to see some new photos of the interior, however vague or "unfinished".

As an owner of a '21 GT....I'm intrigued to see what the exterior will look like once it's officially unveiled, but selfishly I'm hoping it's not gonna convince me to sell and hop on the S650 wagon just yet lol

emrah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2018, Audi A8L 2019
Yeah, like others have said, it looks somewhat like a Bronco interior to me, not really surprising. I am liking the horizontal screen instead of the large 'iPad' in the middle of the dash. I think it is a wait and see for me, but I do not HATE anything I am seeing so far personally.
Tbh, I liked the horizontal screen too, it’s the buttons and the steering wheel I didn’t like it, it is just too much Fordy. But, for Mustang, I think exterior is a bit more important than the interior design

amk91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GTP PP and 2014 SVT Raptor SE
I have to say I’m not all that impressed so far. This car seems not very different in design or specs to the current models. You’d think with a new platform it’d get either bigger or smaller. Looks to me it’s exactly the same size. Also, the interior is okay, but losing some of the touches specific to Mustang- just kind of makes it somewhat boring so far. Admittedly, we haven’t seen the car undisguised in Production trim yet, but for what I’m assuming will be a cost increase over the current car and for an all new platform- it just doesn’t seem like a worthy effort. More like what was done with the Fusion before they used the excuse of poor sales to axe it entirely. That what happens when a car stays basically the same for 8 or 9 years in today’s market.
This is the final interior design, but not production textures and finishes. It has been said for more than 2 years now, it does not use a new platform.

The Fusion is not a good comparison, as Ford only lost interest in it during 2017, already after a 5 year run and MCA refresh in early 2016.

The car got sufficient attention and investment up until that point.

It's an apples to oranges comparison, because the decision to cancel its future was made at the 5 year mark and then it was kept through 2020. Other than a cost cutting refresh in late 2018, no major changes were planned for USA.

There were never any decisions to cancel the Mustang outright, but skip a new platform (CD6) in 2021 and just revise the existing architecture by 2022/23.

The real focus has been to replace the ICE Mustang, which is why no investment in an all new bespoke RWD basis nor move to CD6, ever happened.

Fusion was an entirely different gamble.

Between the wheels and interior, looks like they are copying BMW's homework.

2022-bmw-m4-competition-xdrive-coupe-66.jpeg

thumb_356.jpeg
The G80/82 were revealed after general approval on S650 final designs for interior and exterior. Wheels, different story.

The G20 3 did exist as a reference, as did G22 4.

I don't really like making "copying" accusations, unless I have an exact timeline of a given car's development from start to finish.

This is an instant where the saying “if it ain’t broke don’t fix it” comes into play. Ford should’ve done at most a light refresh to the interior to improve materials but the s550 interior other than rattles is pretty perfect in my opinion. Exterior both 15-17 and 18+ looks good the only thing the mustang needed was some refreshed aero bits here and there and properly spaced wheels on the outside and maybe some other updates here and there. What needed the biggest refresh was underneath. An improvement in terms of power, weight reduction, traction, chassis, suspension, etc.

Seeing the interior I’m not too excited about the exterior, and I’m starting to think performance might be the same if not worse to meet emissions. Plus all these chunky bits and screens can’t be reducing weight.
Then, critics would complain that the interior was dated and not much of a change (as said about S550 in 2013).

This was likely an alternative proposal that won, against another interior proposal that looked like the current interior (w/improvements). Upon reveal, this will likely be seen when proposals are made public.

I gotta say, I'm really disappointed in that interior. I actually was excited about the next gen, but that interior is a huge swing and miss imho.

Still time to clean it up, but that interior does nothing for me (or the Mustang brand).
Based on what? Maybe in materials/finish, which is happening anyway, since this is a prototype vehicle. But to expect any readily visible design changes, you should know this is already a done deal. Cars are not gonna see changes this late, as it doesn't work like that and never has. They're already preparing to build this mold and solidified this design some 1.5 to 2 years ago.

The previous generation interior was at that point in June 2012, before it went on sale in September 2014.

Anyone who hated the S550 interior in 2013 spy shots, pretty much had to live with it until S650, because the interior design here is also a done deal, like that was for S550 back then.

Not sure where you're getting the new platform thing from, it's pretty well known that it will be an evolution of the s550 platform. There were some insane rumors a while ago that it would be using the dc6 platform, but those have been disproven since. The only part I don't like about the design is that rear overhang. I pray to God that's just a camo trick or something.
Oh Deluxe, it feels like either some are just very busy and understandably miss some key things and then enter a discussion belatedly, thus not on the same page.

Or choose to listen to badly informed sources, in not knowing, not all mediums are to be trusted for credible information regarding S650.

Feels like rinse and repeat, made worse by stupid Youtubers and dime store journos, posting crap info for news. If only most people would figure out, a lot of these jokes don't know as much as you think they do.

Saw it happen with S550, where M6G had all the facts and got cast off in favor of flashy entities full of hot air.

Even worse when links to Engrish clickbait blogbot spam sites are posted from time to time in some places (ie 2024futuresmustangnewmodel.com).

You're way better off coming to M7G or Ford insider forums, than trusting a mag or some amateur reporter, with no Ford contacts. It's also so telling how many people trust Sktech Monkey to "know" about S650...:yawn::facepalm:

I'll be real, I don't understand half the people on this site. Many of them were saying things just like this. That the s550 was almost perfect, and Ford just needed to change a few small things with it. Now that they've made a design that's similar, with what will presumably be a few small improvements, everyone is upset because it's not a radical change.
Well, this is the stuff I saw in 2013 with the S550 and similar gripes I heard even in 2012 when the design was first described, but not yet seen.

I get real sick of it, as the S550 was the perfect to evolve the nameplate going forward, without sticking retro cliches. The S197 has a lovely character of its own, I wouldn't mind buying one to keep additionally.

Yet, people with tunnel vision were quick to deride it as "not a real Mustang". I just see it as more emotional than rational, in some of those cases. They can't be pleased.

Being as it is a test mule I would not get my shorts in a twist just yet believing this is the definitive and guaranteed design.
That's not accurate, none of these cars are mules now. They're the final design, as in VP1 prototypes and maybe even beyond that stage.

S650 mules were generally S550 bodies with cobbled together interiors. This is the final article, with placeholder trim, 3D printed in some areas.

Mule is not really interchangeable with prototype, when discussing production body testers.

dx2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020 Velocity Blue
Thank you very much for sharing this. I'd really dislike it if the gen7 Mustang became more European interior- and exterior-wise. Giving up the identity and heritage too much would be too much of a downgrade in being an American car to me. The distinct difference is was what appeals to me the most for having something here that was otherwise not broadly available in spirit, style and engineering choice all combined. I'm very curious now of how the rest will look like

dmcg940

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang GT Premium, Velocity Blue,94 Mustang GT
I can't say I am a fan of the disorganized center stack. How can you have a start/stop button at one end of the radio, and the volume button at the other, especially when it's the wrong end? But I have hope for the reorganized steering wheel controls. Almost anything would be an improvement over the current adaptive cruise control setup. Pressing "Resume" requires a triple-jointed thumb.

dfanucci

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang Coupe
--Snip of previous whinning--

Based on what? Maybe in materials/finish, which is happening anyway, since this is a prototype vehicle. But to expect any readily visible design changes, you should know this is already a done deal. Cars are not gonna see changes this late, as it doesn't work like that and never has. They're already preparing to build this mold and solidified this design some 1.5 to 2 years ago.

The previous generation interior was at that point in June 2012, before it went on sale in September 2014.

Anyone who hated the S550 interior in 2013 spy shots, pretty much had to live with it until S650, because the interior design here is also a done deal, like that was for S550 back then.
First, calm down. You sound like a 12 year old who had his toy taken away.

I've owned at one time or another, every iteration of the Mustang. Things can and do happen from spy shots to production. Major things like a total revamp of an interior? No. But making small changes is not out of the question. We are still a looooong way out before that car goes into production...

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
This is the final interior design, but not production textures and finishes. It has been said for more than 2 years now, it does not use a new platform.

The Fusion is not a good comparison, as Ford only lost interest in it during 2017, already after a 5 year run and MCA refresh in early 2016.

The car got sufficient attention and investment up until that point.

It's an apples to oranges comparison, because the decision to cancel its future was made at the 5 year mark and then it was kept through 2020. Other than a cost cutting refresh in late 2018, no major changes were planned for USA.

There were never any decisions to cancel the Mustang outright, but skip a new platform (CD6) in 2021 and just revise the existing architecture by 2022/23.

The real focus has been to replace the ICE Mustang, which is why no investment in an all new bespoke RWD basis nor move to CD6, ever happened.

Fusion was an entirely different gamble.

The G80/82 were revealed after general approval on S650 final designs for interior and exterior. Wheels, different story.

The G20 3 did exist as a reference, as did G22 4.

I don't really like making "copying" accusations, unless I have an exact timeline of a given car's development from start to finish.

Then, critics would complain that the interior was dated and not much of a change (as said about S550 in 2013).

This was likely an alternative proposal that won, against another interior proposal that looked like the current interior (w/improvements). Upon reveal, this will likely be seen when proposals are made public.

Oh Deluxe, it feels like either some are just very busy and understandably miss some key things and then enter a discussion belatedly, thus not on the same page.

Or choose to listen to badly informed sources, in not knowing, not all mediums are to be trusted for credible information regarding S650.

Feels like rinse and repeat, made worse by stupid Youtubers and dime store journos, posting crap info for news. If only most people would figure out, a lot of these jokes don't know as much as you think they do.

Saw it happen with S550, where M6G had all the facts and got cast off in favor of flashy entities full of hot air.

Even worse when links to Engrish clickbait blogbot spam sites are posted from time to time in some places (ie 2024futuresmustangnewmodel.com).

You're way better off coming to M7G or Ford insider forums, than trusting a mag or some amateur reporter, with no Ford contacts. It's also so telling how many people trust Sktech Monkey to "know" about S650...:yawn::facepalm:

Well, this is the stuff I saw in 2013 with the S550 and similar gripes I heard even in 2012 when the design was first described, but not yet seen.

I get real sick of it, as the S550 was the perfect to evolve the nameplate going forward, without sticking retro cliches. The S197 has a lovely character of its own, I wouldn't mind buying one to keep additionally.

Yet, people with tunnel vision were quick to deride it as "not a real Mustang". I just see it as more emotional than rational, in some of those cases. They can't be pleased.

That's not accurate, none of these cars are mules now. They're the final design, as in VP1 prototypes and maybe even beyond that stage.

S650 mules were generally S550 bodies with cobbled together interiors. This is the final article, with placeholder trim, 3D printed in some areas.

Mule is not really interchangeable with prototype, when discussing production body testers.

Any chance what we're seeing is specific to the Asian markets?