• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Longitude Zero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium, 2007 Mustang V6.
Being as it is a test mule I would not get my shorts in a twist just yet believing this is the definitive and guaranteed design.
Sponsored

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
And, while everyone is freaking out over the interior, betting most here glazed over the additional details we can now see in the headlights. See below. The headlights definitely have the "u-shaped" LED elements Jem mentioned - which are also extremely similar to the style several BMWs (including the M4 above) employ.

Screen Shot 2022-04-11 at 1.32.54 PM.png
was looking at some of the ext. pics, specifically the rear. Noticed the 3rd brake light is on the trunk lid, but not sure if this is the convertible though. Also was looking at the tail lamp housing area, might be the camo playing tricks, but looks like a raised “pod” of lights, for lack of a better word.
S650 Mustang S650 Mustang INTERIOR First Look Spyshots! + More Exterior Shots 4039A207-8C29-4F27-BFBC-D7E45806AA94

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
That will be probably like the Custom button in Audi. So you can set anything: For example Your driving mode or activate parking camera or Take me home (navigation), etc
Long-hold to toggle between Android Auto and the built-in infotainment, if GM and Kia are of any suggestion.
Which would be great. Toggling between Android Auto and say climate (to turn on my heated steering wheel) is a nuisance.

Last edited:

emrah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2018, Audi A8L 2019
I hope it's just my bad imagination but there is nothing mustangy about this interior

So far I'm finding it hideous

I hope taking all the covers off it will change my mind
Chevy has done a great job with Corvette C8... I was expecting a similar attack with S650 but now I have no hope... It looks like that Mustang will be like another Ford car. I wish I had enough money to purchase the Mustang brand and design something that Mustang folks want...

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
There is an obvious material quality difference between a G80/G82 and everything Ford puts out.

The real competitive analog to the S550 Mustang GT and Mach 1, is a M440i.

I spent $100k for my GT500 CFTP and $100k for my G82 M4. The GT500 still feels like a $35,000 car on the inside.
That's true. The base interior is of much higher quality. BMW took two steps up when they introduced the G20. The materials used and the quality in which they are assembled is almost perfect. Even a 330i with the ‘SensaTec Dashboard’ upgrade for 45k$ MSRP looks much nicer than anything Ford has to offer in its entire lineup. It would’ve been nice if Ford would’ve updated the Mustang at least to a decent interior level. They might do it, we’ve only seen prototypes thus far but I somewhat doubt it…

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Don’t forget that the few of us discussing this on here is but a drop in the bucket for ford, and if making the interior look like a bronco means way more sales to the rest of the public, then that’s what they are going to do.

dfanucci

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang Coupe
I'll be real, I don't understand half the people on this site. Many of them were saying things just like this. That the s550 was almost perfect, and Ford just needed to change a few small things with it. Now that they've made a design that's similar, with what will presumably be a few small improvements, everyone is upset because it's not a radical change.
That interior is a radical change (and for the worse imho). There is nothing small about it. It looks like a cross between a Camaro and a BMW. It's not attractive at all. Slapping a horse emblem on something does not make it a Mustang. I'll definitely hold judgment of the interior until it's in its production state, but it looks horrid right now. Again, imho.

As for the exterior, the subtle changes that we can piece together look pretty darn good. Not a radical change and one that hopefully keeps the aggressive look of the Mustang, and not a cross between the hideous Mach-E and a BMW...

My guess would be that we are seeing something that will be very close to production. The speakers in the A-Pillar are now square(ish) and match those horrendous square vents.

Last edited:

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GT
Hopefully this is a base EcoBoost version and the GT gets something better. There is no Sport setting on the shifter.

emrah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully this is a base EcoBoost version and the GT gets something better. There is no Sport setting on the shifter.
Nice catch! you are right, no Sport setting on the shifter...

chopsui

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT
Besides, I know it’s a pre-production car and materials aren’t final but I think the overall interior impression is that it looks cheap. The materials used look cheap...

Dude.

xDUMPWEEDx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP (Base/Oxford White)
Everything is looking good so far and I'm excited for the reveal. I was actually hoping that the S650 would be significantly different looking than the 550.

emrah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice catch! you are right, no Sport setting on the shifter...
Or They have replaced it with "M" which will be like Sport mode?
Sponsored