• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
The emblem looks great. Not having the black panel is good to make it look different too.

But the logo will be a pita to clean with all the clean details šŸ˜‚
Sponsored

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
The emblem looks great. Not having the black panel is good to make it look different too.

It's kind funny to think how such a minor change can bring new life to a design.

Come to think if it, reverting back to a body color rear panel is, if anything, more retro than S550 lol.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
Here's a quick comparison. I think the edges will define the whole theme of the car and makes it look really different then Gen 6. the rounded part of the panel is now a sharp edge. I am positive it will look great.

Also the rear camera angles gives the impression that the rear will have a way sharper angle than before

S650 Mustang S650 Mustang GT gets new badge design and loses black trunk trim - revealed in latest Stampede teaser GridArt_20220902_182239758

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Vert w/pony package

Not as bad as the 3-D pony in the grille. During the summer, you would have to clean it with a toothbrush as well as the fascia pockets for bug juice.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Interesting. I really like the more extreme angle. I donā€™t like the new GT logo though. Looks like a step backward - and yet it does make sense with the edges being slanted, since it appears the areas the new logo goes will also be angular. Nice attention to detail.

Canā€™t wait to see how it all ties together.

the ā€œperformanceā€ thing is new. Either thatā€™s letting new buyers know that GT means fast or itā€™s an option package to make the GT hotter if there is no BOSS or Cobra level trim - at least at the start.

Hopefully it doesnā€™t mean that Mach E branding is taking over the Mustang and eliminating Boss, Cobra, Mach 1, Shelby trims, etc.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Topnotch

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
ford-sculpture-rear

S650 Mustang S650 Mustang GT gets new badge design and loses black trunk trim - revealed in latest Stampede teaser ford-sculpture-rear

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
It looks like 2 separate sheet metal parts that are bonded together in that crease area.
Probably a just plastic applique like the existing black panel.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
@Topnotch: Still think the car could go with some of the China design elements we saw.
S650 Mustang S650 Mustang GT gets new badge design and loses black trunk trim - revealed in latest Stampede teaser mustang7rear

Here's a very quick and bad sketch what I think the rear end looks liks
S650 Mustang S650 Mustang GT gets new badge design and loses black trunk trim - revealed in latest Stampede teaser mustang7rearb

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
Interesting. I really like the more extreme angle. I donā€™t like the new GT logo though. Looks like a step backward - and yet it does make sense with the edges being slanted, since it appears the areas the new logo goes will also be angular. Nice attention to detail.

Canā€™t wait to see how it all ties together.

the ā€œperformanceā€ thing is new. Either thatā€™s letting new buyers know that GT means fast or itā€™s an option package to make the GT hotter if there is no BOSS or Cobra level trim - at least at the start.

Hopefully it doesnā€™t mean that Mach E branding is taking over the Mustang and eliminating Boss, Cobra, Mach 1, Shelby trims, etc.
I don't think that it will replace a Mach 1/Bullitt or BOSS. However, I can imagine that we might get the "GT Performance line" like the M or AMG line in non AMG/M cars. They might even go as far and add all the Ford Performance options in that trim level. I don't think it will have more HP but maybe a better suspension, different rims and an overall more aggressive look.

So you can opt for the GT and then there is the GT Performance (PP2 included or so). Besides, I donā€™t think weā€™ll see any of these choices here in Europe. Iā€™m pretty sure we get the maxed out car with hardly any optionsā€¦

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
@Topnotch: Still think the car could go with some of the China design elements we saw.
mustang7rear.jpg

Here's a very quick and bad sketch what I think the rear end looks liks
mustang7rearb.jpg
thatā€™s China copying the USA again.
Old ideas.

Ford is still taking old mustang cues and just radicalizing.

S650 Mustang S650 Mustang GT gets new badge design and loses black trunk trim - revealed in latest Stampede teaser 9EB4F677-01CB-4C2F-BC0D-CCB73471D385

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
I don't think that it will replace a Mach 1/Bullitt or BOSS. However, I can imagine that we might get the "GT Performance line" like the M or AMG line in non AMG/M cars. They might even go as far and add all the Ford Performance options in that trim level. I don't think it will have more HP but maybe a better suspension, different rims and an overall more aggressive look.

So you can opt for the GT and then there is the GT Performance (PP2 included or so). Besides, I donā€™t think weā€™ll see any of these choices here in Europe. Iā€™m pretty sure we get the maxed out car with hardly any optionsā€¦
interesting. I expect performance package levels, but maybe Ford is rethinking all of that. Canā€™t wait to find out. Two weeks is taking forever.

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mazda MX5 ND2 30th anniversary
Here's a quick comparison. I think the edges will define the whole theme of the car and makes it look really different then Gen 6. the rounded part of the panel is now a sharp edge. I am positive it will look great.

Also the rear camera angles gives the impression that the rear will have a way sharper angle than before

GridArt_20220902_182239758.jpg
Yeah one can clearly see the camera itself is angled to compensate for the angle

Last edited:

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
ford-sculpture-rear

ford-sculpture-rear.jpg
We can only hope. If the roofline is that extreme, it will be awesome. A true fastback design, absolutely gorgeous. I also wonder if that previews like the general shape of the shoulder line.
Sponsored