• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
pancake electric motor sandwiched between crank and trans, and a 48V system gets you start/stop and slow-roll EV mode which greatly helps city MPG and 'congestion' emissions.

you're really going to turn up your nose to 570lb-ft? Granted it'll probably require the A10-only. It's possible they could do some work on the exhaust so it sounds a lot better than the truck.
Sponsored

Arthonon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
That C&D render certainly looks more like a refresh than a new build, and I wonder how much the rest of the car will look like the existing S550. Seeing that, rather than just the leaked front end images, it looks a little better than I expected, and I don't hate it. In general, though I am not seeing anything that makes me feel like I need to upgrade.

I had a '14 S197, and comparing that to the '15, and then on to the '18 I have now, there were some core differences that made it worth the upgrade to me. Push-button start (just to be modern), backup camera standard, heated and cooled seats, higher quality interior materials, and the independent rear suspension. And then other tech stuff, like the digital dash, Ford app, 10-speed transmission, drive modes, and Magneride. I also liked the styling more than the S197.

So far, there doesn't appear to be anything I've seen in the S650 that adds anything to the core capabilities. In fact, somewhat the opposite, as it looks like physical HVAC controls have been removed. Unless there is some new update to the chassis for better performance, or an improved power train or something like that, I don't know what would make someone upgrade. Unless you just really like the new new styling I suppose. But it's probably too early to say.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
That picture is like seeing an extremely attractive girl, but then her absolutely hideous tag-along friend pops up beside her and scares the shit out of you.
I always preferred svelte girls. I guess you do not.

Red65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red 1965 Coupe
That C&D render certainly looks more like a refresh than a new build, and I wonder how much the rest of the car will look like the existing S550. Seeing that, rather than just the leaked front end images, it looks a little better than I expected, and I don't hate it. In general, though I am not seeing anything that makes me feel like I need to upgrade.

I had a '14 S197, and comparing that to the '15, and then on to the '18 I have now, there were some core differences that made it worth the upgrade to me. Push-button start (just to be modern), backup camera standard, heated and cooled seats, higher quality interior materials, and the independent rear suspension. And then other tech stuff, like the digital dash, Ford app, 10-speed transmission, drive modes, and Magneride. I also liked the styling more than the S197.

So far, there doesn't appear to be anything I've seen in the S650 that adds anything to the core capabilities. In fact, somewhat the opposite, as it looks like physical HVAC controls have been removed. Unless there is some new update to the chassis for better performance, or an improved power train or something like that, I don't know what would make someone upgrade. Unless you just really like the new new styling I suppose. But it's probably too early to say.
Given what I have seen as far as quotes from Ford and some leaked information, it's supposed to use the same but updated chassis design as the S550. If that truly is the case, then one could just order the S650 parts and swap them out. This has honestly been my hope so far since the looks aren't cutting it for me. I actually really like the 15-17 S550 styling a lot. Keeping that styling but being able to take advantage of redesigned suspension components would actually be great in my book.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
I am eager to see how low the front bumper was dropped because the headlights will follow which will lower the waistline down the sides. Or, we may see a tapered waistline that starts low at the headlight and gradually ramps up to meet the hips. I think it will be S197 proportions on an S550 wheelbase and track with a lot of New Edges… if you know what I mean. 😉
it wasn’t really lowered. Some designer thinks they ‘hid’ it under that atrocious black plastic grille. That’s why the grille has a fat “chin at the bottom. Doesn’t look too bad in the dark, but in daylight…

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
Given what I have seen as far as quotes from Ford and some leaked information, it's supposed to use the same but updated chassis design as the S550. If that truly is the case, then one could just order the S650 parts and swap them out. This has honestly been my hope so far since the looks aren't cutting it for me. I actually really like the 15-17 S550 styling a lot. Keeping that styling but being able to take advantage of redesigned suspension components would actually be great in my book.
Or there are some fantastic after market products that will get you roughly the same place...

Red65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red 1965 Coupe
Or there are some fantastic after market products that will get you roughly the same place...
Based on the S550 design yes. The S650 may have improvements based on further development of the chassis design. This could be something like a redesigned rear cradle that improves over the obviously flawed S550 cradle but still bolts onto the car the same way, which could make it an upgrade for the S550 cars.

That's just an example of how I think the S650 could benefit the prior model. This is in no way confirming that the S650 cradle is redesigned and better. Just an idea.

Of course there's a ton of aftermarket support for the S550 chassis, but that doesn't mean that everything that could have been developed for the S550 chassis HAS been developed. There's still things that need improvement and if the S650 isn't changing the base chassis design, just improving on it like the rumors suggest, we might see something like my example.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Uh oh… someone at Roush might be trolling. I am sure it is very close to the base car leak and this could be a controlled release, maybe even more “trolled” than con. Note the still missing rear…

Either way, I love the fascia of the black base car and I am happy if we get an improvement on that. I also like the leak in this thread too but it might be based on some CAD we never see. ☹

I am absolutely sure the front bumper cover is being drastically reduced. It might even disappear completely on the GT350/500 and IMSA cars. I’m not sure how they achieved the reduction yet.

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
Uh oh… someone at Roush might be trolling. I am sure it is very close to the base car leak and this could be a controlled release, maybe even more “trolled” than con. Note the still missing rear…

Either way, I love the fascia of the black base car and I am happy if we get an improvement on that. I also like the leak in this thread too but it might be based on some CAD we never see. ☹

I am absolutely sure the front bumper cover is being drastically reduced. It might even disappear completely on the GT350/500 and IMSA cars. I’m not sure how they achieved the reduction yet.
Just do away with everything but the bumper and attach a Snow Plow or Cow Catcher to it !

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
The 2024 Mustang looks more like a Mustang than most Mustang’s that came before it. This car could have easily been the 2015 Mustang and if the 2015 and 2018’s were in the spirit of the 2013-‘14’s, the 2024 definitely reminds me of the 2005-‘12 era.

🥰❤💕

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Oh man these photoshops are old… thePill’s photoshop of the 2015 before it was released. The section below the front bumper was left unfinished because the bumper cover thickness was still up for debate. In the end, we got far more front overhang on the production 2015.

Another debate at the time was if Ford would use the ”new at the time” super slim headlights like Jeep and Caddy had used. I feel that a majority of the 2018’s “beak” will be chopped off and some of the pre-2015 designs will return.

Even though this is unfinished, I feel that the grill and headlights will be similar to what we see on the 2024. The bumper and lower fascia is completely blank but I feel that we will get a tighter fascia and rear.

S650 Mustang S650 Mustang GT Full Frontal Leak!! 📸 DBCB8C54-5496-4D84-A963-D7E75E1B390B

S650 Mustang S650 Mustang GT Full Frontal Leak!! 📸 17046549-346F-490E-A202-4BBD5F1C4DC4

S650 Mustang S650 Mustang GT Full Frontal Leak!! 📸 A8A5FA30-ED19-42D2-B8AA-740D0EE3C8BC