• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
If there's one good thing in S650 being a heavily revised S550, its that the proportions are unlikely to change. I'd imagine all of the "hard points" will remain as they are.

But here we are, 16 months after Ford revealed the "Progressive Energy In Strength" sculpture, and we've still no more clues on the styling.

And it was over 11 months ago that the first "S650 mule" was spotted.......I'm referring to the S550 in very light camo that was thought to be testing "all wheel drive" (it just had a alternative location for the rear caliper).

:tumbleweed:
Sponsored

Shelbeast

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500 and MME-GT
THe 18 refresh and the GT500 were a step back from the timeless 15 GT and especially GT350 design, so I wouldn't bet on the S650 being a visual improvement over the current gen. I can totally see Ford going way more into the "european styling" making the hood even lower and shorter, removing more of the typical muscle car look
Agree, Have not owned a GT since the 15. Since the 18, my eyes have been hurting except the 350/500. They did right on the Mach 1 as well getting rid of the ugliest part. Ford obviously agrees since they worked it out in mustangs above the GT and it will not be on the next Gen. The initial lovers of the 18 have went silent. There's a reason a lot of them have replaced the front with a 500 look.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Agree, Have not owned a GT since the 15. Since the 18, my eyes have been hurting except the 350/500. They did right on the Mach 1 as well getting rid of the ugliest part. Ford obviously agrees since they worked it out in mustangs above the GT and it will not be on the next Gen. The initial lovers of the 18 have went silent. There's a reason a lot of them have replaced the front with a 500 look.
Love my '19. My nose is a little dinged up witch is why I want to replace it and a Ruby Red Mach 1 nose is the dream but only because it's better looking. The stock nose still looks great IMO. I see where you're coming from but in my book we're comparing multiple levels of attractiveness, still all look good just some more than others.

Shelbeast

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500 and MME-GT
Love my '19. My nose is a little dinged up witch is why I want to replace it and a Ruby Red Mach 1 nose is the dream but only because it's better looking. The stock nose still looks great IMO. I see where you're coming from but in my book we're comparing multiple levels of attractiveness, still all look good just some more than others.
Yes, agree they all look great on different levels. The part i'm referring to is the low triangle on the leading right and left edges. Black looks the best. The reflection of lighter colors makes it stand out too much. I understand they wanted to make a snake from the side.

One of my favorite things they did on some cars was the fangs, GT350, fiesta, and Edge ST. I'm super excited to see the next Gen. It's a great time to be alive to witness the HP wars and so many muscle cars.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Yes, agree they all look great on different levels. The part i'm referring to is the low triangle on the leading right and left edges. Black looks the best. The reflection of lighter colors makes it stand out too much. I understand they wanted to make a snake from the side.

One of my favorite things they did on some cars was the fangs, GT350, fiesta, and Edge ST. I'm super excited to see the next Gen. It's a great time to be alive to witness the HP wars and so many muscle cars.
Funny, that's my least favorite part to clean. Dumb I know but I'd rather rinse the soap out of the heat extractors all afternoon.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6

Hit the post button too soon (getting old I guess). Meant to add my favorite part of the car has to be the rear quarters especially when seen through the side mirrors. What can I say, I love me some curves.

Last edited:

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
THe 18 refresh and the GT500 were a step back from the timeless 15 GT and especially GT350 design, so I wouldn't bet on the S650 being a visual improvement over the current gen. I can totally see Ford going way more into the "european styling" making the hood even lower and shorter, removing more of the typical muscle car look

On today's episode of M7G:

S650 Mustang S650 Mustang design / styling first-hand description 🕵🏻‍♂️ Screen Shot 2022-01-14 at 10.08.14 AM

Murfstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Explorer ST, 2021 VW GTI
Hit the post button too soon (getting old I guess). Meant to add my favorite part of the car has to be the rear quarters especially when seen through the side mirrors. What can I say, I love me some curves.
Umm… to be honest if you can see the rear quarters/ haunches of your car through the side mirrors, they’re not point in the right direction….

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Umm… to be honest if you can see the rear quarters/ haunches of your car through the side mirrors, they’re not point in the right direction….
You don't move around in your seat? Yes when seated and moving, they are just out of view but only need to move your body a little bit to see them. And because internet, sending this with a grin and positive energy, not intended to come across any other way.

Shelbeast

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500 and MME-GT
Completely agree! Dat booty! I wish I could get in a time machine and see myself driving it.
Edit: I want to see up over the rear quarters for rear traffic, so I do have my mirrors as such.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6

Took a min to find it but this is what I thought of when you said fangs on a car lol. Crazy how terrible that held up, I LOVED that show! Hard to believe now that is supposed to be a viper.
S650 Mustang S650 Mustang design / styling first-hand description 🕵🏻‍♂️ 1642175299348

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
I don't know, aside from not having the muscle car hood bulge, I think the refresh overall looks more aggressive than when it first came out. But I'm likely in the vast minority with that opinion.

DanLewisFW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost Premium Mustang
I remember my first look at the S550 at the end of the Need For Speed movie. I hated it!! But now as it was said earlier, beloved. Actually beloved might be an understatement. I've never had such strong emotions for a car before mine now. Now here I am with the rest of you on the edge of my seat anxious to see the next generation even when I'm not in the market for a new car for hopefully a long while yet.
I know I am late to this post but I could not agree more, I called it the fusionstang when I first saw it then I saw one in person and I went hmmmm then they were seemingly everywhere taunting me until I bought a 17. I freaking love the way it looks in a way I have never loved a car design before. I see that 67 GT500 influence, the 69 Boss influence as well and I just never want to sell this car.

DanLewisFW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost Premium Mustang
Honestly I don't think they can. They did a great job upgrading what they have with S550 to make the GT PP2 and GT500 this good. Their engineer might be able to pull this off. But I don't have any hope in Fords management to green light anything that focussed on performance.

I even expect the S650 GT to only slightly outperform the 18+ GTs beside whatever acceleration numbers Ford can claim if Hybrid-AWD is true.
They should have made a Ford GT with a V8 in the Corvette Price range and had it be the competition to the Corvette.
Sponsored