• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
As we wait for news......

Unusual to hear a dealer talk about the '23, but this one does. Not a lot of info that we haven't already heard (hybrid for example) but he does say his source claim the only interchangeable parts will be the roof and rear screen.

S650 talk from about 3 mins to 6 mins.

Sponsored

llinthicum1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang
Interesting video. There were comments about hybrid 2023 Mustang. Also said fewer availability of 2022 Mustangs. This dealer said they would only take orders for 2022 Mustang GTs with performance package, i.e. Mustangs he could sell (I guess if buyer cancels order). Implies that his dealership can't sell Mustang Ecoboosts or base Mustang GTs?

Nexus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Keep in mind they are a Canadian dealer.
Our take rates on the available packages and how many cars make up the Canadian market are drastically different.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Yeah, I guess its kinda like here in the UK............the take rate was 80/20 in favour of the GT, so in the end it wasn't worth UK dealers stocking any Ecoboosts, so as of the '21MY it was dropped completely. V8s only now in the UK

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
That's crazy twinturbo, last time I checked your fuel prices are insane compared to what we pay in the U.S. We pay about $3.50 per gallon currently, and that's considered expensive by our standards. To put it into perspective, I believe we would have to pay $7-8 per gallon to match the price of fuel where you live. So I'm kinda stunned the v8 is so popular there.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Regarding that vid, interesting stuff. That being said, I don't know if I'd trust what a dealership says based on their "inside sources". Looking at what ExplorerDude has said on the blue oval forums, he describes the s650 sketches he saw as having a more agressive fastback roofline. If that's true, and that fastback made it to production, I don't see how the s550 and s650 would have interchangeable roofs and rear glass. Time will tell, it sounds like the s650 is going to look pretty similar to the s550, with enough changes to make it look new and unique. I'm ok with that, especially considering how good the s550 looks.

dethmaShine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 328i '09
Jem......would you say this is closer to S650 than the sculpture?

Obviously, I'm expecting an "open" grille, but if the bumper treatment, including the air intakes, looks like this, I'll be happy.

S650 Render 4.jpg
Shit. Where did this mock come from. That looks sick. What an amazing blend of Mach E, Gt500 and Audi R8.

Need a 2 seater mustang with cross plank.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Regarding that vid, interesting stuff. That being said, I don't know if I'd trust what a dealership says based on their "inside sources". Looking at what ExplorerDude has said on the blue oval forums, he describes the s650 sketches he saw as having a more agressive fastback roofline. If that's true, and that fastback made it to production, I don't see how the s550 and s650 would have interchangeable roofs and rear glass. Time will tell, it sounds like the s650 is going to look pretty similar to the s550, with enough changes to make it look new and unique. I'm ok with that, especially considering how good the s550 looks.
By roof, he could simply mean the center portion. The rest would arguably be part of the rear quarter panels (as well ws A pillars). Still technically possible.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
That blue sketch is an official Ford sketch that was done for the mach-e. Many of us have noted that it just looks like a mustang coupe,hence why it's been featured so heavily on this forum.

challengerrtfan

Threads
Reaction score
Give the guy a break.

If you asked me to draw the S550, a design I could copy from a million sources, it'd still look like a 5 year old drew it. Very few people could pull off penning from memory.

One more day.....
Then they should refrain from making such arbitrary descriptions. I can’t draw either but I have friends that can. Enough already

challengerrtfan

Threads
Reaction score
Side front profile on s650 the more i see, the more i like!

A much more sophisticated look, still shark / snake like imagery to me. Thats how i have always viewed the front profile. Its got some aggressiveness there while its an obvious evolution of what we have now

Think mach 1, remove the raised headlight angles on the top edge.. S650, flatter top and bottom lines to head lifts.. Complex 3 elements/inserts inside

Bottom airdam similar to mach 1 with fog light cutouts / air intakes, mach e like opening grille with a very well worked contrast bumper insert between headlights/grille and lower bumper

Yes i said i was a little disappointed, i think i still am as i was wanting a bit more overt aggression.. But I'm sure these will work great in person and in the metal
S650 Mustang S650 Mustang design / styling first-hand description πŸ•΅πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ 00C77DDA-5703-4E44-BA55-1267BD916E39

S650 Mustang S650 Mustang design / styling first-hand description πŸ•΅πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ DFD87477-8CF1-487F-924A-6B8102B360A6

S650 Mustang S650 Mustang design / styling first-hand description πŸ•΅πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ B38D3908-1960-4CD8-B201-5CE41D000BAD