• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe, 2013 Honda CR-V, 2009 Ford Fusion
Jem......would you say this is closer to S650 than the sculpture?

Obviously, I'm expecting an "open" grille, but if the bumper treatment, including the air intakes, looks like this, I'll be happy.

S650 Render 4.jpg
Maybe it's because of the resemblance to the Mach E, but to me that front end looks a little too SUV-ish for a Mustang coupe.
Sponsored

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Apologies if this was posted already. I found this sketch from a Mustang Facebook page. It's from June 2020. I very highly doubt the artist had any insider knowledge that led to this sketch, however, the front end is similar to Jem's description. The rest is clearly just S550.

S650 Mustang S650 Mustang design / styling first-hand description πŸ•΅πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ Screen Shot 2021-12-21 at 12.19.36 PM

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Not bad, but I feel like if we grafted the front fascia from the mach-e gt on the mustang coupe. Made the face wider, lower, and a bit more agressive, and then made the rest of the body look like that sculpture, it would probably be pretty close to what we'll get.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
one of our artistic members should chime in try a couple new renders !
Why doing another renderings based on nothing? I will do another one once we got a prototype spotted that actually reaveals some lines

Kevin70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Scion xA, Mitsubishi 3000GT
Does anyone know whether the S650 will have a grill that is anywhere near as large as the sculpture picture suggests? I think the current S550 (except the GT500) is an incredible looking car. There are very few cars being sold in 2021 that actually look nice, and the S550 is one of them. The vast majority of current cars have been slapped in the face with ridiculously large grills. I'm hoping Ford resists this "trend" for the Mustang, but I doubt it.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Does anyone know whether the S650 will have a grill that is anywhere near as large as the sculpture picture suggests? I think the current S550 (except the GT500) is an incredible looking car. There are very few cars being sold in 2021 that actually look nice, and the S550 is one of them. The vast majority of current cars have been slapped in the face with ridiculously large grills. I'm hoping Ford resists this "trend" for the Mustang, but I doubt it.
If you read Jem's description......yes, S650 will have the larger grille. Given every new Ford has this now (Fiesta/Focus/Evos etc) this shouldn't come as a surprise.

The Jaguar F-Type and Aston Martin DBS show that a large grille can look good on a sports car.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Based on what Jem has said, the s650 sides and rear should look somewhat similar to the sculpture, with some differences. But the front is entirely different that what's on the sculpture. The grille, again, going off of what they said, seems to be similar to the mach-e gt's "grille" so larger than the s550s grille, smaller than the grille on the sculpture, at least in theory. So it sounds like it strikes a good balance between being a little more in your face, without going too far aka taking the BMW approach. I just hope the s650s grille is wider, shorter, and sleeker than what we see on the mach-e gt. The issue with the mach-e's front end is the headlights take up too much room horizontally, and the "grille" looks too narrow in relation to the lights. Hopefully that's not an issue on the s650.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
Exactly. Lets see a sketch or something. Words are meaningless without some shape
That's what makes me question the post. It doesn't include anything meaningful, it's so vague you can interpreted as you want and still go for "that's how he described it" once the car is revealed. It would really easy to describe lines of a car more detailled like how big exactly is the grille? Huge Single Frame like modern Audis? Or still split in upper and lower grille like on S550? Lower Bumper still with triangles or more angular like Mach 1? Overall design more retro or more into modern limosuine compared to S550?

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Exactly. Lets see a sketch or something. Words are meaningless without some shape
Give the guy a break.

If you asked me to draw the S550, a design I could copy from a million sources, it'd still look like a 5 year old drew it. Very few people could pull off penning from memory.

One more day.....

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-GrandΓ©
Here's the 1st Official Photo of the 370Z Inspired Flat-Roof Fastback with a Wrap-Around Windhsield!
S650 Mustang S650 Mustang design / styling first-hand description πŸ•΅πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ 1640386549888
Sponsored