• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

S650 is out there somewhere, isn't she?

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang BULLITT

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang BULLITT
The Mach1 I think was only spotted about 6-7 months before it was announced. So likely we won't see much for about 6 months.

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer ST, 2001 Avalon
2023 model year and still ZERO confirmed info or spy shots??
I'm starting to think the S650 project as a whole has been severely delayed. They should be testing this on the road by now and yet no one has seen one? Unfortunately, I doubt this car comes out on time.

I don't know why I'm getting my hopes up anyway. Unless they go all aluminum chassis, I don't want one. And with Chevy and Dodge out of the race, I see Ford getting lazy

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
2023 model year and still ZERO confirmed info or spy shots??
I'm starting to think the S650 project as a whole has been severely delayed. They should be testing this on the road by now and yet no one has seen one? Unfortunately, I doubt this car comes out on time.

I don't know why I'm getting my hopes up anyway. Unless they go all aluminum chassis, I don't want one. And with Chevy and Dodge out of the race, I see Ford getting lazy
Most likely reason cited here is that they're simply using S550 bodies for testing and/or running protos at night in restricted areas. I can see both of those being likely scenarios given what we know about S650's development. With that said, maybe we'll get an xmas present via spy shots at the end of Dec. as has been alluded by forum member TopNotch.

Also, I don't think they would go aluminum chassis - would be awesome, but I don't see it happening given the dev cuts S650 has already seen (going from full on new platform to modified S550).

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Given Camaro dies after the '23MY (and possibly comes back as an EV saloon)......and Challenger will likely follow soon after, we should count ourselves lucky that we're getting any updates to the Mustang that we know and love.

Just hope Santa brings us those spyshots like @Topnotch suggested. It'll be a Christmas miracle :fingerscrossed:

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
They should be testing this on the road by now and yet no one has seen one?
Who's to say they aren't testing this? They don't always test a new car completely, often times as I'm sure you've seen in the past they have new cars under old sheetmetal driving around for various reasons. One they don't want to give away new body styling or the body isn't quite ready yet.

Given that the S650 is really just a refresh of the 550, I imagine a vast majority of new stuff underneath can easily be popped into an S550 chassis to test around town inconspicuously. And with more and more leaks and photographers trying to catch a glimpse of new cars, I'm sure Ford is going as far as they can to conceal the new stuff coming out.

While I agree that it could very well be delayed (mainly due to pandemic and/or economic reasons related to it) I don't think the lack of test mule spotting really means this is years and years away.

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
Most likely reason cited here is that they're simply using S550 bodies for testing and/or running protos at night in restricted areas. I can see both of those being likely scenarios given what we know about S650's development. With that said, maybe we'll get an xmas present via spy shots at the end of Dec. as has been alluded by forum member TopNotch.

Also, I don't think they would go aluminum chassis - would be awesome, but I don't see it happening given the dev cuts S650 has already seen (going from full on new platform to modified S550).
I doubt that they are frequently using S550 to test S650 features. Most tests can be simulated by a computer but real world test driving is something different. They might test an AWD setup in an S550 to get some numbers and such but from what we’ve heard the S650 will be built on a heavily modified platform. Besides, why would they spent time and money in order to make a S650 look like a S550? To avoid free media coverage?
I bet they have mules but I also bet that the entire program is delayed. I would also argue that due to the new management a new policy is in place. Less “leaks” ahead of big programs. Release one car at a time and make sure the media is focused on the newest product.

Maybe it’s just us in this forum but who honestly cares about the new Fusion/Mondeo or the China exclusive Evos? I don’t and I would argue that most Youtubers and car magazines would prefer reporting about the upcoming Mustang. Yet, even in this forum we talked about the Evos and styling features of the new Fusion/Mondeo… Granted, only due to a lack of S650 information but we talked about those cars nonetheless.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Maybe they're testing underground? Being someone who likes surprises, I kind of like the lack of any "leaks" however it is also worrying due to it being commonplace. I'm sure it's materials shortages and other Covid related delays. Why can't they just skip a year? It'll make a nice game show question later...

StangGang93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln MKZ Black Label
I don’t believe there’s any delays, The s650 will be aesthetically more aggressive with modern interior technology/Material. Ford simply wants a “WOW” factor from the mustang audience and for the general public to notice that a new mustang has arrived. That can’t happen if we consistently see Spy shots upon reveal!
Sponsored