• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

FordPass Isn't Responding

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
I created my FordPass account two months ago without any issues. I received my VIN today and tried to "Add My Vehicle". I typed in the VIN and clicked next. I got an immediate response, "FordPass isn't responding. Please try later".
Doing Google searches didn't turn up anything useful.
Sponsored

SAL-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 EcoBoost Rapid Red
You have to be sitting in the car to add the vehicle. You have to acknowledge and accept the connection on the center screen in the car. Once you do that, you are all set.

It is a security feature so someone with your VIN can't hijack your car. Remote start and unlock... Remember?

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
You have to be sitting in the car to add the vehicle. You have to acknowledge and accept the connection on the center screen in the car. Once you do that, you are all set.

It is a security feature so someone with your VIN can't hijack your car. Remote start and unlock... Remember?
Thanks!
That makes sense.

horned-toad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi S5
It is a security feature so someone with your VIN can't hijack your car.
more like anti-security to have your car beaconing anything in the first place. :)
And you're assuming a company that is as incompetent on all matters software is going to keep their backend systems "secure" from MITM or other exploits. I have more faith in the impeccable honesty of Wall St than I have in Ford Software/Telematics division.
Sponsored