• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

S650 is out there somewhere, isn't she?

amk91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GTP PP and 2014 SVT Raptor SE
Who's to say they aren't testing this? They don't always test a new car completely, often times as I'm sure you've seen in the past they have new cars under old sheetmetal driving around for various reasons. One they don't want to give away new body styling or the body isn't quite ready yet.

Given that the S650 is really just a refresh of the 550, I imagine a vast majority of new stuff underneath can easily be popped into an S550 chassis to test around town inconspicuously. And with more and more leaks and photographers trying to catch a glimpse of new cars, I'm sure Ford is going as far as they can to conceal the new stuff coming out.

While I agree that it could very well be delayed (mainly due to pandemic and/or economic reasons related to it) I don't think the lack of test mule spotting really means this is years and years away.
Styling was finished nearly 2 years ago and prototypes have been built for months at AP. That is not the case at all.

Like many recent models, it will make its photography debut during the second round of winter testing, which will be this winter. It will launch right before the USDM Ranger.
Sponsored

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
I donā€™t believe thereā€™s any delays, The s650 will be aesthetically more aggressive with modern interior technology/Material. Ford simply wants a ā€œWOWā€ factor from the mustang audience and for the general public to notice that a new mustang has arrived. That canā€™t happen if we consistently see Spy shots upon reveal!
Honestly I am disagreeing with you. I think it is much better to have you car in the press constantly from a very early point. That's why carmakers like to build concept cars to show off what they have in mind for the future. Then can also get early public feedback to make minor tweaks. Chevy decided to still go for the hated Transformers 5 design for the Camaro refresh and we know how that ended.

With spyshots people will already talk about your car. There will be articles, renderings, speculations what will be different, etc. That's how you slowly build up a hype. You will also get people used to changes. Think about the C8, it is pretty much the hottest cars right now and we did know about it for many years before reveal. I think a lot of fans were sceptical about a midengine concept, but with the early news they were already fine with that by the time the car was revealed.

Just remember how big Mustang6G forum was and how empty this forum is currently. There is barely anything to talk about the S650. I know forums are getting ruled out by social media for a lot people, but I still think it's better to already have multiple thousands of fans being exited for your new car before you even revealed it.

spectremotorsports

Consultant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Emma" 17 GT/PP Grabber Blue/Black roof
I would imagine from a marketing perspective.... Lightning is out, Bronco is out, New Ranger is out, so as far as I can tell there's no other new products coming up to distract from. Meaning they'll start the teaser prototype train very soon.

Jem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT
If what I've seen of s650 is accurate, then I'm a little disappointed to be honest

Headlight internals different, divided into 3, but overall design in the front is very similar and not overly aggressive

Rear has had more treatment and departs a little more design wise, while still maintaining the tri sectioned lamps, but much more angled

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
šŸ˜²

Jem enters the room, drops a bomb and leaves :crackup:

Any more you can share without giving away your source? Have you seen official renderings, clays or prototypes? :like:

Jem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT
Not much more i can really say.

But also hard to describe in detail the differences

I don't think it's different enough.

I hope I'm wrong and that what I've seen may be an early design proposal that will be scrapped, because I've been waiting for this to replace my GT.

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Appreciate the reply. Just cool to hear anything about S650, so thanks for sharing what you have :)

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
If what I've seen of s650 is accurate, then I'm a little disappointed to be honest

Headlight internals different, divided into 3, but overall design in the front is very similar and not overly aggressive

Rear has had more treatment and departs a little more design wise, while still maintaining the tri sectioned lamps, but much more angled
No offense Jem, but I take your comment with a grain of salt ;) You are a new member and Iā€™m happy that joined the forum. However, I still ask myself how it is possible that a new member has seen the new S650 when nobody else has? Iā€™m not saying you havenā€™t but anyone couldā€™ve guessed thatā€¦ Different head and taillights but still paying tribute to the heritageā€¦ Thatā€™s an evergreen guess ;)

Besides, the front will most likely get the big grill and the overall silhouette will be closely related to the sculpture. Itā€™s obvious that the S650 will not be an overall new or completely new looking car. Itā€™s a Mustang and the current one is a beloved car after all. Never change a running (winning) system just refine it as everyone else is doing it. Just donā€™t be like Chevrolet and refine the bad aspects of your car ;)

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE

As others have said, what have you seen (designs, prototypes, etc.) and when did you see it? What you're describing sounds like the Mach E headlights.

As long as it's not fugly, we're all good on this end lol.

Jem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT
No offense taken to those that are skeptical.

Im not going to reveal exactly what or how i have seen what I've seen.

Its not fugly, it doesn't overly look like Mach E, the grille on the model I saw (i dont know what model it was, ie 4cyl or GT) is a variation of the large mach e grille. Obviously a given. Of course what i say, anybody could say by loosley describing an evolution of ford's new design language.

Im new to this forum, but i was one of the originals of the Australian Ford forums.
Cheers

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
Agreed, I'll take a mild evolution of the exterior. Where I really want to see them step it up is the interior.
Me too. I want to upgrade from my EB to a GT, but I donā€™t want the same interior I have. (Mine is full loaded)

I hope they add the sync 4, better seat materials and new digital cluster.

If it doesnā€™t convince me, Iā€™ll go with a 2022 and call it a day.

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 02 150, 06 250
I'll comment in regards to Jem's credibility from something that came about on Bronco6G.

About a year before the reveal, 6 months before we started seeing heavy camo prototypes, some truck driver came onto the forum, made a post about a bare shell he saw getting loaded into his trailer, and gave some description of what he saw. lines, size, a few things.

he got torn apart and lambasted on the board. basically got chased away, called a bs'er etc etc etc.

turns out, he was pretty dang spot on when it was revealed.

So, be careful, Jem could be spot on, or he could be BSing us completely and just making stuff up.

amk91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GTP PP and 2014 SVT Raptor SE
No offense Jem, but I take your comment with a grain of salt ;) You are a new member and Iā€™m happy that joined the forum. However, I still ask myself how it is possible that a new member has seen the new S650 when nobody else has? Iā€™m not saying you havenā€™t but anyone couldā€™ve guessed thatā€¦ Different head and taillights but still paying tribute to the heritageā€¦ Thatā€™s an evergreen guess ;)

Besides, the front will most likely get the big grill and the overall silhouette will be closely related to the sculpture. Itā€™s obvious that the S650 will not be an overall new or completely new looking car. Itā€™s a Mustang and the current one is a beloved car after all. Never change a running (winning) system just refine it as everyone else is doing it. Just donā€™t be like Chevrolet and refine the bad aspects of your car ;)
Oh no LOL, this is what I look out for. Posters like Jem, doing drive-by posts. Good looking out for us, but I've seen this pattern of spilling before and it's more than often legit.

Finally someone else chimes in, as my ability to describe what I saw 1.5 years ago sucks, as I got only a brief view of it via video call 2 summers ago.

No offense taken to those that are skeptical.

Im not going to reveal exactly what or how i have seen what I've seen.

Its not fugly, it doesn't overly look like Mach E, the grille on the model I saw (i dont know what model it was, ie 4cyl or GT) is a variation of the large mach e grille. Obviously a given. Of course what i say, anybody could say by loosley describing an evolution of ford's new design language.

Im new to this forum, but i was one of the originals of the Australian Ford forums.
Cheers
WINNER! I have been waiting for one of these kinds of posts to show up. Not skeptical in the least over here. Matches everything I have learned, but it has been so long since I saw a glimpse, that I've wanted further confirmation it was the final article I saw. Spy shots are the next step for me, but have been withheld forever.

First shots I hear are due in January 2022, ahead of Job 1 which is 1 year from now. A Christmas surprise isn't out of the question though, but January is definitely when at latest.

Expect news sources to draw from this info any day now, as they got nothing else to go off of...

I'll comment in regards to Jem's credibility from something that came about on Bronco6G.

About a year before the reveal, 6 months before we started seeing heavy camo prototypes, some truck driver came onto the forum, made a post about a bare shell he saw getting loaded into his trailer, and gave some description of what he saw. lines, size, a few things.

he got torn apart and lambasted on the board. basically got chased away, called a bs'er etc etc etc.

turns out, he was pretty dang spot on when it was revealed.

So, be careful, Jem could be spot on, or he could be BSing us completely and just making stuff up.
BINGO, you get it! I'm sure you mean this?

https://www.bronco6g.com/observations-from-eyewitness-of-the-4-door-2021-bronco-shell/

Ford removed the Bronco spy photo embargo on January 14, 2020, but this guy's posts were dated 1 month after that in February 2020. It wasn't 6 months. Other than 1 or 2 guys on B6G, no one was really discussing the Bronco in that much detail, from what I saw while lurking.

Ford kept that hella close to vest, only because they were gonna reveal it in mid-March 2020 and only let prototypes get "spied" 2 months earlier. Of course at the very 11th hour, COVID-19 took hold nationally and they pushed it all back 3-4 months.
Sponsored