• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Ford Europe/Germany announced last year that they won't sell any ice cars after 2025... So yeah, it seems like they will sell the S650 for about a year or two and then be done with it or the rumored refresh will be a hybrid...
There is also the announcement that we will not get Ecoboost and that the US version will have different power plant choices while the Eu version will only have one engine option. So I assume that we again are going to get very different Dark Horse probably with a regular 480 hp engine and when you add gpf and the other things to comply with emission I guess it will be a 450-460 hp engine (like the current one that is in the Mach 1) so overall nothing will change for us Europe guys.
Sponsored

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mazda MX5 ND2 30th anniversary
From what I have seen on the manifold design the cats and GPF will both be removable quite easily the "only" caveat now is the that bloody PCM is locked šŸ˜€

xSouthSyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic GT
Yes very aware of what we got in previous models of the S550 in e.g. EU and AU.

I saw it in the release information here in Sweden.
So I am hoping that this time around we will get. In previous releases it the never was mentioned that Torsen was part of the PP/Bullitt/Mach 1 but for the the S650 it is mentioned.

Let's keep our fingers crossed :)
Donā€™t always believe Fords release information because in Australia they had to pay M1 owners compensation for false advertising, I think it was because they advertised the torsen diff , and a couple of other things that we didnā€™t get in our models.

OP
OP
Ace

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
No mention of the EcoBoost, so it's unlikely they will return here.
To be fair the Ecoboost is not halted in Europe because it isn't possible, it's more that very few people actually bought the Ecoboost here when it was available. Here is the "Mustang has to have a V8!"-community much bigger than in the US imho

Ford Europe/Germany announced last year that they won't sell any ice cars after 2025... So yeah, it seems like they will sell the S650 for about a year or two and then be done with it or the rumored refresh will be a hybrid...
I expect that they backtrack on that for the Mustang, they wouldn't bring the car to europe for just around 15 months to sell the car.

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Donā€™t always believe Fords release information because in Australia they had to pay M1 owners compensation for false advertising, I think it was because they advertised the torsen diff , and a couple of other things that we didnā€™t get in our models.
Yeah I know.

But again let's keep our fingers crossed :)

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GT
To be fair the Ecoboost is not halted in Europe because it isn't possible, it's more that very few people actually bought the Ecoboost here when it was available. Here is the "Mustang has to have a V8!"-community much bigger than in the US imho
That's absolutely correct. In the first few years there were a few big selling EB markets, like Belgium for example. But even those have dried up mostly since the base prices have gone up so massively. The main two markets (UK and Germany) have been almost GT only from the get go indeed. I wonder if the EB will return in other export markets like Australia and Asia.

Reactions: Ace

dddd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XR6T
This talk of a gas particle filter in the exhaust is very concerning and something I've never thought of, i have no doubt it won't be in the USA cars, do we know if it is already in the existing export Mustangs V8 ???

OP
OP
Ace

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
This talk of a gas particle filter in the exhaust is very concerning and something I've never thought of, i have no doubt it won't be in the USA cars, do we know if it is already in the existing export Mustangs V8 ???
It's in the export market Mustang since the 2018 refresh, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Only downsize is a reduction of about 5% horsepower, even though the official number have to be measured with a full GPF while the car will deliver power when the filter is fresh and clean

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
It's in the export market Mustang since the 2018 refresh, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Only downsize is a reduction of about 5% horsepower, even though the official number have to be measured with a full GPF while the car will deliver power when the filter is fresh and clean
I don't care that much about the HP, however the sound is way more muffled.
Mine even with Borla Atak was quite muffled :(

OP
OP
Ace

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
Another topic: Seems like Ford is really cutting options for europe again.

Brake colors are limited to Black and Red, no Grabber Blue or Silver.

Couldn't find specific details on that, but it seems like dark and bronze emblems are not coming too.

Dark Horse handling package and carbon wheels seems are not available here too.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GT
Dark Horse handling package and carbon wheels seems are not available here too.
I think with the different wheel/tire sizes they'd have to do a second homologation and that's probably too costly. For the same reasons we probably get one single spec of the new 5.0 as well, both for GT and Dark Horse.

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Why didn't you just get the GPF removed?
There was no tunes available back then in europe and also the design of the manifold ment one had to cut and weld. Not sure how they have solved the mapping for the 18-22 EU models for gpf delete/header install

The GPF and cats were in one housing if I remember it correctly and on the driver side it was not reachable meaning the header/manifold had to be taken out. This would mean one could the go for a LT setup if doing all that hassle.

Also my first engine was replaced due to scoring and then start modifying the new engine was not prioritized to say the least.

My MX5 with(OEM header) catless and muffled deleted midpipe and aftermarket axleback volume wise not far off from my GT with the Borla catback, e.g my friends 718 Spyder with Cargraphic x-pipe Race cannot be heard when I one WOT on the MX5. The 718 has GPFs....

Last edited:

dddd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XR6T
Oh only 5% bloody hell. Do we know if this gpf was on all export cars and not just the EU cars
Hopefully with the new header design it will be easier to remove