• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium, 2020 Mustang GT Premium c
Actually I think with two of these, the female connector and some spare wiring, I can make the harness. It’ll be difficult though. If anybody can provide me the three components, and ship them to me, I’ll make you the harness. You can then test it out, let me know how it works, and if it makes the installation easier, ill sell some kits.

2A7C0889-A339-49B7-B96F-8B263537BE4C.png
With the main harness you only need one of those. The main harness has the two round connectors already wired in. Then just plug the WPT into it and the harness is made. Really simple stuff. The main harness was like 84$ from my dealer, I’m sure it could be located cheaper at a junk yard but I couldn’t locate one near me. Once you have these two parts all you need is to splice into them and tap into a RGB fed light like the OP did. The cup holder is less than 18$. It cost me like 150$ to buy everything and it actually is as plug and play as you can get. No matter what whoever does this will have to tap into their factory lights somewhere.

IMG_6022.jpeg
Sponsored

98jfuentes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 15
I can make a plug and play harness for this in case people don’t want to cut in to their factory harness. I’ll sell them for $150 each + shipping. If anybody is interested, let me know.

Stang24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang
With the main harness you only need one of those. The main harness has the two round connectors already wired in. Then just plug the WPT into it and the harness is made. Really simple stuff. The main harness was like 84$ from my dealer, I’m sure it could be located cheaper at a junk yard but I couldn’t locate one near me. Once you have these two parts all you need is to splice into them and tap into a RGB fed light like the OP did. The cup holder is less than 18$. It cost me like 150$ to buy everything and it actually is as plug and play as you can get. No matter what whoever does this will have to tap into their factory lights somewhere.

IMG_6022.jpeg
The cup holder harness I see the part number but I can’t find that on ford parts. Is there anyway to order that separately without getting a whole cupholder from the s550. Is this the wire part number? I found it on ford parts FR3Z14A318K

IMG_6283.jpeg

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The cup holder harness I see the part number but I can’t find that on ford parts. Is there anyway to order that separately without getting a whole cupholder from the s550. Is this the wire part number? I found it on ford parts FR3Z14A318K

IMG_6283.jpeg
The cross-over # from my dealer on my receipt is FR3Z*14A318*K. Your dealer will order it for you, they will require payment first because it's special order part, at least that's what my dealer did. Taxed it was $89.08, kinda pricey. But will be well worth it in the end. Mine should be here tomorrow.

Stang24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang
The cross-over # from my dealer on my receipt is FR3Z*14A318*K. Your dealer will order it for you, they will require payment first because it's special order part, at least that's what my dealer did. Taxed it was $89.08, kinda pricey. But will be well worth it in the end. Mine should be here tomorrow.
When you install if you can show where you tap into. Not sure how long the wires are in the extra harness we bought

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When you install if you can show where you tap into. Not sure how long the wires are in the extra harness we bought
I will do that. You will definitely have to add some wire to get the the floor lights I plan on tapping into. When my parts arrive I’ll snap some pics and post.

INSANEMUSTANG9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 mustang gt
Just finished doing my cup holders then saw your post, yours looks way better! I had an extra s550 cup holder laying around so ordered the Lincon cup holder and am going to change it out once it come in, thanks for the info

IMG_3189.jpeg

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Atlas Blue
i wish i had one of yall that know how to do this close to me, id buy the stuff and pay to have it done lol

RJV15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
Can we get an updated post with parts and instructions?
I wanna give this a shot but im a bit confused lol

Seems like we need the following:
  • LED Harness: FR3B 14E078
  • Pig Tail assembly: WPT-977
  • Cup Holder: LJ7Z-7813562-BA

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just finished doing my cup holders then saw your post, yours looks way better! I had an extra s550 cup holder laying around so ordered the Lincon cup holder and am going to change it out once it come in, thanks for the info

IMG_3189.jpeg
Looks good, but I agree the Lincoln cup holder does look better with the LED’s at the bottom.

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can we get an updated post with parts and instructions?
I wanna give this a shot but im a bit confused lol

Seems like we need the following:
  • LED Harness: FR3B 14E078
  • Pig Tail assembly: WPT-977
  • Cup Holder: LJ7Z-7813562-BA
You have the parts correct, OP gave instructions, nothing has changed since then. 😂

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Atlas Blue
Both wiring harnesses arrived today, waiting for cup holder.

IMG_6058.jpeg
Could you do a more detailed step-by-step of install and post it in here? Really looking into doing this myself.

The part number that RJV15 posted for the cup holder, is that the Lincoln cup holders or ford, as I'd want the Lincoln set.

What'd the total price come out to for both harnesses and cupholders?

Stang24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang
Could you do a more detailed step-by-step of install and post it in here? Really looking into doing this myself.

The part number that RJV15 posted for the cup holder, is that the Lincoln cup holders or ford, as I'd want the Lincoln set.

What'd the total price come out to for both harnesses and cupholders?
If you search up that part number for the cupholder on parts.ford.com it’ll come up. Once @Stangerous posts the install and where to tap into I’ll end up ordering. Everything. Ford by me it says the cupholder harness is about $50 and the extra harness is around 45 and the cup holder is 20
Sponsored