• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

airjonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Ecoboost
If they go full EV, give me a sound like Dodge did with the concept. Yes it’s not the real thing but I love that Dodge is trying to give these EVs some type of personality. I’ll take that any day over a 4 wheeled iPhone.
Sponsored

xSouthSyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic GT
If they go full EV, give me a sound like Dodge did with the concept. Yes it’s not the real thing but I love that Dodge is trying to give these EVs some type of personality. I’ll take that any day over a 4 wheeled iPhone.
I thought it sounded terrible. Each to their own, but I would rather hear my DJ Tiesto ringtone when I punch the throttle compared to that fake robot sound .

Murfstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Explorer ST, 2021 VW GTI
I thought it sounded terrible. Each to their own, but I would rather hear my DJ Tiesto ringtone when I punch the throttle compared to that fake robot sound .

Not exactly sure what you mean by fake or consider fake, but the sounds from that Dodge is not some computer generated “robot” sounds. They are amplifying sounds actually created by the vehicle.

OP
OP
Bikeman315

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Not exactly sure what you mean by fake or consider fake, but the sounds from that Dodge is not some computer generated “robot” sounds. They are amplifying sounds actually created by the vehicle.
Dubbed the Fratzonic Chambered Exhaust, this system replaces the traditional exhaust note with a facsimile. Without revealing details—again—Dodge says it’s not just a speaker churning out simulated combustion noise. It’s likely some sort of pump that pushes air through a device to generate sound. In a world of nearly silent EVs, Dodge promises this one will be loud: 126 dB—that’s the same peak noise rating as your current Charger SRT Hellcat.

Murfstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Explorer ST, 2021 VW GTI
Dubbed the Fratzonic Chambered Exhaust, this system replaces the traditional exhaust note with a facsimile. Without revealing details—again—Dodge says it’s not just a speaker churning out simulated combustion noise. It’s likely some sort of pump that pushes air through a device to generate sound. In a world of nearly silent EVs, Dodge promises this one will be loud: 126 dB—that’s the same peak noise rating as your current Charger SRT Hellcat.
Thanks for the quote… but not sure what you’re trying to convey with it. Are you trying to say I’m wrong and it is a computer generated noise? Or are you backing up my comment that they’re amplifying a noise created by the vehicle?

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Thanks for the quote… but not sure what you’re trying to convey with it. Are you trying to say I’m wrong and it is a computer generated noise? Or are you backing up my comment that they’re amplifying a noise created by the vehicle?
I think hee just pointing out the quote which states the noise is fake - a facsimile.

it’s not produced by an engine, but it’s not just a bunch of MP3s representing an engine at various RPMs coming out of a speaker.

it may be a mechanical device used to create the fake engine sound.

it’s better than nothing if it actually synchronizes with the vehicle speed. But it’s not authentic and not representative of the car.

how strange these times are.

I SO hope this is not the sound. It’s like a vacuum or Dustbuster:

Last edited:

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
I think hee just pointing out the quote which states the noise is fake - a facsimile.

it’s not produced by an engine, but it’s not just a bunch of MP3s representing an engine at various RPMs coming out of a speaker.

it may be a mechanical device used to create the fake engine sound.

it’s better than nothing if it actually synchronizes with the vehicle speed. But it’s not authentic and not representative of the car.

how strange these times are.
But hundreds of ICE vehicles do the exact same thing. I've heard from automotive engineers that basically every car sold over the last few decades has had it's sound altered, and molested to an extent. While you're sitting in the cabin, engineers use materials to try to muffle undesirable sounds, and amplify positive ones. Just one example of that is hearing someone changing gears in an automatic from something like drive to reverse. You don't hear that sound when you're in the car. But every time without fail that you're standing outside the car and someone does that, it sounds like the transmission is going to break, because it just sounds odd, even if it's normal, because the mechanical click and clunk of it is so loud compared to when you're sitting inside. The new Tundra makes v8 noises in the cabin apparently, the c8's exhaust was altered and changed to direct more sound waves back towards the cabin. A ton of modern performance cars pump agressive sounds via speakers into the cabin. If we're ok with ICE doing it, there's nothing wrong with EVs doing it as well.

OP
OP
Bikeman315

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Agreeing that it will not be electronic synthesized sound. Should be interesting though. IMHO if it’s not real I don’t want it.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
Dodge already stated that it's a system that based on your throttle input, speed, etc actually creates an airflow through an exhaust that will create the sound, it's not just a speaker. People who were at the reveal already stated that you could really feel the sound of the exhaust compared to the speakernoise of other electric vehicles.

But guys, you are taking over the topic here with the Charger. Mabye open a separate topic for the car...

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang 429, Tesla Model 3
2028 if true IMHO is entirely to late to electrify the 2 door Mustang. As Dodge just showed last night, with a focus on performance and not strictly on efficiency, you can make an EV with “character”. This dodge EV will be out around 2024 as a MY25 vehicle. The Camaro will be gone and the Mustang is shaping up to be just a warmed over S550 with carry over powertrains that will NOT be able to compete with the Dodge EVs.

Personally MY26 or 2025 would be a good time for Ford to introduce the true EV mustang. Let the 650 with the V8 continue alongside the EV until the end of the decade but get that EV out quicker. That’s the only way the true 2 door mustang will survive…

Last edited:

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
But hundreds of ICE vehicles do the exact same thing. I've heard from automotive engineers that basically every car sold over the last few decades has had it's sound altered, and molested to an extent. While you're sitting in the cabin, engineers use materials to try to muffle undesirable sounds, and amplify positive ones. Just one example of that is hearing someone changing gears in an automatic from something like drive to reverse. You don't hear that sound when you're in the car. But every time without fail that you're standing outside the car and someone does that, it sounds like the transmission is going to break, because it just sounds odd, even if it's normal, because the mechanical click and clunk of it is so loud compared to when you're sitting inside. The new Tundra makes v8 noises in the cabin apparently, the c8's exhaust was altered and changed to direct more sound waves back towards the cabin. A ton of modern performance cars pump agressive sounds via speakers into the cabin. If we're ok with ICE doing it, there's nothing wrong with EVs doing it as well.
i hear you. But I think muffling genuine engine noise oramifying Itthrough a sound tube through the firewall is a completely different thing then creating a fake sound with no true engine source and then amplifying that.

With ICE, it’s genuine engine sound no matter what, if it’s silenced or coming through a tube to make it louder.

with an EV, it’s a fake sound that’s entirely created by either a computer or by another device completely unrelated to the motors.

So they are completely different things.

ICE engines naturally make a lot of noise. How it’s managed for loudness doesn’t somehowchange this fact. You still hear the actual engine.

EV motors are nearly silent. So there is no motor noise to manage. Therefore some have taken to synchronizing a fake noise producing setup That is not coming from the motor. It’s just synced audio.

I don’t know who is ok with what the tundra does. First I e heard about that but that’s not the crux here. The mustang had a sound tube. Most I know of hate it. But at least it’s the actual engine sound. Not some fake stuff.

that’s why the y did Mustang would be huge. Actual engine note. No fake stuff whether speaker/vacuum Combo or just speaker.That’s just cheese. Mustang people want to hear the actual heartbeat.

Last edited:

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang 429, Tesla Model 3
i hear you. But I think muffling genuine engine noise oramifying Itthrough a sound tube through the firewall is a completely different thing then creating a fake sound with no true engine source and then amplifying that.

With ICE, it’s genuine engine sound no matter what, if it’s silenced or coming through a tube to make it louder.

with an EV, it’s a fake sound that’s entirely created by either a computer or by another device completely unrelated to the motors.

ICE engines naturally make a lot of noise. How it’s managed for decibels doesn’t somehowchange this fact. You still hear the actual engine.

EV motors are nearly silent. So there is no motor noise to manage. Therefore some have taken to synchronizing a fake noise producing setup That is not coming from the motor. It’s just synced audio.
Have you ever listened to Formula E vehicles? Electric motors are not “nearly silent” even my previous model 3 had some motor wine when you stepped on it. From what I have read, the Dodge EV uses a combo of sources INCLUDING real motor noice to create the sound. They are likely using a sound generator at low speeds since an EV motor doesn’t idle. But the rev sound is likely true EV motor sound that’s been tuned through the “exhaust”.

Bottom line to me is that I commend Dodge for trying something different than just slapping a speaker on it.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer

ICE engines naturally make a lot of noise. How it’s managed for loudness doesn’t somehowchange this fact. You still hear the actual engine.

I don’t know who is ok with what the tundra does. First I e heard about that but that’s not the crux here. The mustang had a sound tube. Most I know of hate it. But at least it’s the actual engine sound. Not some fake stuff.

that’s why the y did Mustang would be huge. Actual engine note. No fake stuff whether speaker/vacuum Combo or just speaker.That’s just cheese. Mustang people want to hear the actual heartbeat.
Except the noise this is making isn't completely artificial. From my understanding, it's a combination of the sound of the motors, and air passing through the exhaust. It's amplified, just as ICE cars are, but the base sound is genuine.

OP
OP
Bikeman315

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Except the noise this is making isn't completely artificial. From my understanding, it's a combination of the sound of the motors, and air passing through the exhaust. It's amplified, just as ICE cars are, but the base sound is genuine.
Honestly, if it doesn't sound like a Coyote who really cares. Fake is fake, period.

OP
OP
Bikeman315

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Have you ever listened to Formula E vehicles? Electric motors are not “nearly silent” even my previous model 3 had some motor wine when you stepped on it. From what I have read, the Dodge EV uses a combo of sources INCLUDING real motor noice to create the sound. They are likely using a sound generator at low speeds since an EV motor doesn’t idle. But the rev sound is likely true EV motor sound that’s been tuned through the “exhaust”.

Bottom line to me is that I commend Dodge for trying something different than just slapping a speaker on it.
I think that sound would drive me nuts on a DD.

Sponsored