• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Recurring Infotainment and Connected Services Issues in S650 Mustang

silex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Speaking of infotainment access. Has anyone found a fas way to toggle between Apple/Android music and the FM radio? It takes me 5 button presses to back out of Android Auto to pick a new sound input and then back to Android Auto.
Sponsored

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
I have noticed one thing. In the past, even with Apple CarPlay enabled/running, you could access the vehicle's built-in navigation. Looks like now that if you are using CarPlay (I assume Android Auto is the same, but cannot test), you no longer can access the vehicle's built-in navigation system.
Say what? That’s a problem upon confirmation. As in can’t switch back to sync without disconnecting/disabling carplay?

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Speaking of infotainment access. Has anyone found a fas way to toggle between Apple/Android music and the FM radio? It takes me 5 button presses to back out of Android Auto to pick a new sound input and then back to Android Auto.
I would say try presets but I / we haven’t set ours yet.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
I would say try presets but I / we haven’t set ours yet.
I have presets for SirusXM channels as well as FM channels but can't say I've tried to set any for AA (e..g, Pandora).

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have presets for SirusXM channels as well as FM channels but can't say I've tried to set any for AA (e..g, Pandora).
Yeah I haven’t tried yet but i did find this that may be helpful, around the 5 min. mark, and interesting enough it features….

Eurasianman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Say what? That’s a problem upon confirmation. As in can’t switch back to sync without disconnecting/disabling carplay?
@DCS posted about a similar, if not the same, issue. He could not use the built-in navigation after connecting his phone via either Apple CarPlay or Android Auto. I originally didn't encounter the same thing until after the latest OTA update. Once Apple CarPlay connects, I can no longer access the built-in navigation system.

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
@DCS posted about a similar, if not the same, issue. He could not use the built-in navigation after connecting his phone via either Apple CarPlay or Android Auto. I originally didn't encounter the same thing until after the latest OTA update. Once Apple CarPlay connects, I can no longer access the built-in navigation system.
BTW: That only happened the first time I tried it. Built-in Nav is now working as expected. I have no clue what I did.
I am having issues with Apple CarPlay & Pandora. It was always connected to Pandora on my phone and draining the iPhone battery. I wasn't using anything on my phone! I was listening to Satellite radio. I have minimized the problem by turning off a Pandora option.

Profile, Settings (gear icon), "Enable Launch From Car" turn off.

IFFV68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 Limited
While you're at it, your car has reported DTC U211B in the ABS module a few times. There is an OTA that addresses this, but you have not gotten it yet. There is an update to the ABS module to prevent a no crank/no start issue affecting these cars. Show them this SSM and see if you can get them to do it for you.
The Flintstones, their car don’t have brakes either.
They use their feet.
I can’t wait to get our Mustang.
I’ll have to put Ford in my favorites on my phone.
Sin Loy

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah I haven’t tried yet but i did find this that may be helpful, around the 5 min. mark, and interesting enough it features….

Yes, It's positioned differently for Android Auto, but I've been using that in my F150 for ~2 years since enabling full-screen AA using FDRS and FORScan, as well as in the Mustang since I got it. But you still can't get right to changing the music SOURCE (FM to Sirius to Pandora) from the card itself.

jboogie1289

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Oxford White Mustang GT w/ PP, AE & NPP Pkg
Welp, it’s reared its ugly head again as I left from work. The Custom Mode is not active and not available again!! Not going to fret this time because it only took the car a while to sit before it to come back. 🙄🙄🙄

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Welp, it’s reared its ugly head again as I left from work. The Custom Mode is not active and not available again!! Not going to fret this time because it only took the car a while to sit before it to come back. 🙄🙄🙄
Too bad you don't live closer. Not sure if @rugedraw has run your VIN yet, but if you had any outstanding firmware updates, I'd help you update them via FRDS (I have a Mongoose Plus).

jboogie1289

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too bad you don't live closer. Not sure if @rugedraw has run your VIN yet, but if you had any outstanding firmware updates, I'd help you update them via FRDS (I have a Mongoose Plus).
He had it on another thread and said that, at that time, all of my updates were there but this was several days ago so my memory could be incorrect. And thanks for the offer of assistance. This is the reason that these threads and its members are so Awesome. Willing to help, that’s a great thing.

jboogie1289

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@rugedraw, could you run my VIN number again to see if there is anything pending that could be attributing to this issue that I’m experiencing

1FA6P8CF1R5411028

rugedraw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021F150 701a 3.5tt 4x4; 1990 Mustang 5.0 coupe
@rugedraw, could you run my VIN number again to see if there is anything pending that could be attributing to this issue that I’m experiencing

1FA6P8CF1R5411028
Yea, you've gotten all 5 OTAs that have been pushed out to these vehicles. These little bugs are virtually impossible to diagnose. Your car is is not reporting any codes that I can attribute to what you're saying. That you know of, has anyone else reported this issue? You're talking about custom mode becoming unavailable, correct?

jboogie1289

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yea, you've gotten all 5 OTAs that have been pushed out to these vehicles. These little bugs are virtually impossible to diagnose. Your car is is not reporting any codes that I can attribute to what you're saying. That you know of, has anyone else reported this issue? You're talking about custom mode becoming unavailable, correct?
The Op of this particular thread. @Jetstream had a very similar issue but his Touchscreen button for My Mode disappeared from the list all together.
Sponsored