• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
The gt500 with the CFTP is a much cleaner and better looking car than this imo. I think the gt350R and the mach one are the best looking mustangs since 1970. All of this discussion is pretty pointless though because this car is completely impossible to buy for almost everyone.
I think that's why I like the GTD so much. The base s650 is a fantastic looking car, but from some angles, it looks a little plain, almost too simple. This rectifies that.

5.ooooooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
O7 merc mountianeer premier
It looks like someone took the GT3 Mustang RACECAR and made it street legal...
I don't understand this sentiment at all. Not singling you out, there's many people saying the same things. All the "it's ugly" and "has a Pep Boys body kit" comments. They didn't just gratuitously add scoops and vents and intakes for the hell of it. Most if not all of them are on the GT3 race car, a vehicle they hope to get a class victory at LeMans with, to make that car faster. It's all about the airflow, whether it be for cooling, downforce, drag reduction, whatever. They didn't just hack together a body kit. I don't know if the GT3 will be any good, but they've at least taken an honest crack at it, and then said "hey, we'll make a halo Mustang that can even go beyond that race car". Yes it's wildly unattainable, but so are Ferraris and GT3RS' and the like. I and many others still drool over those. Now yes, there is a difference between a Ferrari/Porsche and a Mustang, those have always been more exclusive and not an everyman's car. But I can appreciate a road-going vehicle that is engineered for incredibly high performance, even if I know I'll never be able to afford it. And lessons learned from this car, certain bits of it's aero or chassis or suspension or drivetrain, could trickle down to the commoners trim level Mustang. It happens within the Mustang, you always hear about the Mach 1 or Dark Horse receiving similar or inspired components from the GT350 or GT500. Lesser 911s and 718s always take lessons from previous GT3s, an unobtainable halo car can always have a positive trickle down effect to lesser models. It's not like this is replacing the EB, GT and Darkhorse. They're still going to make a Shelby or other top-end trim at some point, it just serves as a cool engineering project to marvel at, especially if you're lucky to see one out in the wild one day. Maybe the next GT500 gets this transaxle for better weight distribution. Maybe it gets this 800+hp v8. Maybe it gets active aero. There are now exciting technologies that are on the table for future mustang trims, because they've been applied to this halo Mustang. They can learn about them, learn about higher volume production of them, and some could possibly appear on much cheaper trims. In a time when all of the Mustang's primary competition is going extinct, again, Ford is pushing boundaries and limits for it's pony car. I'm plenty upset at how the company is handling much of it's business and new model rollouts, but I'll never complain about showing genuine passion for motorsports and road-going derivatives. I saw so many "purists" complain about the C8, and make comments about the Z06's aero package. Yet that thing is a monster.
Not saying this is you, but some people seem like they should just stick with Dodges. They apparently just want minimal engineering thought or effort, the same body for 15+ years, and an iron block engine with a bunch of boost added on. Hellcats are nice, but it's the only gimmick they have. The same company that made ACR Vipers just didn't bother trying. I'm thankful Ford and Chevy (to a degree) didn't. Chevy loses points for wasting the superior alpha platform and just killing the Camaro, instead of just making it possible to see out of the damn thing.
I don’t mean to say it’s literally a body kit. The engineering they put towards this is obvious. It just that for them to say this is a super car( not in performance, yet to be determined). But in looks. I would assume a non car person would see this and think it’s just a highly customized mustang. Not a “supercar” like ford is saying. Also for the 300k and application to own this type of car, also maintenance. It would need to straight up beat its competition. Not by a little, but by a lot . Cars such as the McLaren 750 s, Ferrari SF90 XX straddle, and Porsche GT3 RS. Not to mention the c8 Z06 and E-ray. Which are cheaper and beating most of the high end cars. Im not knocking Ford for trying. I just think that they could have used another name plate instead of the mustang. Yes, they’re using the mustang in actual racing. But another new or legacy nameplate could have replaced the Ford GT. Not the mustang name. With that being said the race tech is cool. I think the 777 kit looks cleaner.

S650 Mustang Official: 2025 Mustang GTD Revealed! 800+ HP 5.2L V8, Pushrod Suspension, $300K MSRP IMG_9229

S650 Mustang Official: 2025 Mustang GTD Revealed! 800+ HP 5.2L V8, Pushrod Suspension, $300K MSRP IMG_1541

S650 Mustang Official: 2025 Mustang GTD Revealed! 800+ HP 5.2L V8, Pushrod Suspension, $300K MSRP IMG_9230

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
itll be interesting to see how this holds up, right now its beating most of its competitors in the power department (800 GTD, 518 GT3 RS, 720 AMG Black, 720 Mclaren 750S ) with only the 296 beating it at 818 hp on its hybrid engine. Really the question is whether the massive changes in aerodynamics and the weight savings from the carbon body, mixed with the 50/50 distribution is enough to set itself apart like the GT did

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
itll be interesting to see how this holds up, right now its beating most of its competitors in the power department (800 GTD, 518 GT3 RS, 720 AMG Black, 720 Mclaren 750S ) with only the 296 beating it at 818 hp on its hybrid engine. Really the question is whether the massive changes in aerodynamics and the weight savings from the carbon body, mixed with the 50/50 distribution is enough to set itself apart like the GT did
Maybe it does on paper but real world numbers are more often than not quite different.

Ford usually OVERrates the Mustang. The S550 had 460 or more on paper but on a dyno they delivered around 420hp. Some argue wheel VS crank hp but what is the point of crank hp? It's marketing bull$hit. What matters is what power can be delivered at the wheels and how the wheels can deliver that power.

I bet that that the RS has more than it's claimed 518 hp at the wheels and it also has by far the best aero you can get. I bet that it will beat the Gtd around the Nordschleife by quite a margin...

To me that car doesn't make any sense. Yes, they need it for the GT3 racecar but weren't there any cheaper options? Mercedes did it with the CLK-GTR but we're talking a premium brand... Not Ford or mustang... Reminds me of VW around 2010: they wanted to push the core brand VW upmarked and from my perspective failed miserably. A VW is a decent car but it has never been a fun car for enthusiasts. The Mustang always had been a bargain with decent performance and unique styling. A 300 grand halo car does nothing to the brand except devaluing the GT500...

The only way they succeed in my opinion is by literally dominating the race series in the upcoming years and I don't see that happening as competition is too tight.

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maybe it does on paper but real world numbers are more often than not quite different.

Ford usually OVERrates the Mustang. The S550 had 460 or more on paper but on a dyno they delivered around 420hp. Some argue wheel VS crank hp but what is the point of crank hp? It's marketing bull$hit. What matters is what power can be delivered at the wheels and how the wheels can deliver that power.

I bet that that the RS has more than it's claimed 518 hp at the wheels and it also has by far the best aero you can get. I bet that it will beat the Gtd around the Nordschleife by quite a margin...

To me that car doesn't make any sense. Yes, they need it for the GT3 racecar but weren't there any cheaper options? Mercedes did it with the CLK-GTR but we're talking a premium brand... Not Ford or mustang... Reminds me of VW around 2010: they wanted to push the core brand VW upmarked and from my perspective failed miserably. A VW is a decent car but it has never been a fun car for enthusiasts. The Mustang always had been a bargain with decent performance and unique styling. A 300 grand halo car does nothing to the brand except devaluing the GT500...

The only way they succeed in my opinion is by literally dominating the race series in the upcoming years and I don't see that happening as competition is too tight.
i will say here, the 992 GT3 RS isnt even the standard setter for nurb right now, its sitting a second and a half shy of the AMG GT Black series which is at a 6:43.5. Will Ford overrate their HP claim, i dont know, but 800HP isnt some crazy number Ford has never hit before, just see the old Cobra Jets. Also Ford KNOWS their competition, their the same competition that ford took on and beat at Le Mans and Daytona back in 2016/17/and 18. This Mustang isnt something being made in a bubble, its being made in conjunction with the masterminds behind the Ford GTE, and the team whos parts are in almost every recognizable race car of the past decade, including the current 992 911 GT3, the old 919 Prototype, and even the current RedBull F1 car. If there was every any Mustang to give the likes of the GT3 RS and the AMG black series a run for their money, its this one.

Ford may not be a "premium focused" brand, but that doesnt mean they cant make "premium" cars. just look at the Ford GT, one of the most iconic cars of the past 100 years in all of its forms.

BlackFerret69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT Premium 5M, Black on Black.
This is honestly so fucking sick, but knowing it’s stickering for $300k, and will likely sell for $400k+, means that this is all a bunch of hot air. It will be nonexistent by all practical means.

The Mustang is the PEOPLE’S performance car. The attainable, everyman’s dream. This goes against that entire ethos.

I get it, halo car. Brand booster. Record setter. Good for loyalists to brag about. Good for marketing and advertising to boost showroom traffic.

But who gives a fuck.

Give this kind of energy—and spare the extra-extraness of the pushrod suspension, CF panels, and carbon ceramic brakes—into something tangible. Put THIS kind of bespoke effort into something well below the sub-100k bracket if you’re TRYING to get past the lack of a Shelby nameplate.

The GT350 and GT500 were home runs that cemented the S550’s reputation.

The S650 is sorely lacking in this department and this is like a cocktease to the fanbase.

On the flipside, looks dope yo
Straight from Jim Farley's mouth.

The GTD " It's actually not really a Mustang."

He put himself through graduate school working at Pebble Beach (So maybe this is payback? My opinion only).

"We've never made a Mustang in this kind of price zone, and this is the right crowd. We want to sell $300,000 Mustangs? You've got to be at The Quail." " Like all of our customers are all walking around. So this is the right place." (For the GTD.)

https://finance.yahoo.com/video/ford-ceo-time-build-mustang-030940229.html

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
I think that's why I like the GTD so much. The base s650 is a fantastic looking car, but from some angles, it looks a little plain, almost too simple. This rectifies that.
Aesthetically it’s baller as can be

Wouldn’t change much if anything

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Straight from Jim Farley's mouth.

The GTD " It's actually not really a Mustang."

He put himself through graduate school working at Pebble Beach (So maybe this is payback? My opinion only).

"We've never made a Mustang in this kind of price zone, and this is the right crowd. We want to sell $300,000 Mustangs? You've got to be at The Quail." " Like all of our customers are all walking around. So this is the right place." (For the GTD.)

https://finance.yahoo.com/video/ford-ceo-time-build-mustang-030940229.html
Tbh my initial comment was a snap-reaction with a bit of beer mixed in, think this article popped up when I was going out

I’m just sour because I was hoping this was going to be a consumer-focused announcement, not a collector-focused limited run

I appreciate the things as much as anyone else

But please Ford, let’s get a real FPV car going

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FPV has two cars going the DHR and yet to be shown DHS. Ford really needs to show that one, itll probably be the mix everyone's wanting between performance and price

MustangMac67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250

The 420 was at the wheels. Look at youtube videos.

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
The 420 was at the wheels. Look at youtube videos.
I think that's what he meant.
They advertise as 460 but they only have 420.

They advertise crank hp instead of wheel hp to make it look more powerfull.

That's why many have this saying that American Horse Power is not the same as the European. The measurement is different.

You have PS, HP, WHP, BHP.

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
the US advertises HP, thats the total power that the engine can make
Europe uses break horsepower (known in the US as crank horsepower) thats the amount of power that is made accounting for frictional losses within the engine itself (something like 98-99% of HP)
WHP is a number people in the aftermarket like using as that accounts for all aspects of the driveline from the engine to the wheels.

so the numbers would look more like
HP: 460
BHP: 454
WHP: 420

BlackFerret69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT Premium 5M, Black on Black.
More about GTD development:
Sponsored