• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Luckydog7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Hotse
From my experience in buying new cars, for the company its all about the hype, the press release, and the commercials, it is never about the customer. I have had many new Fords and in my opinion they suffer a quality control problem and the company is poorly run. Just look at their stock price languishing around $10-$15 a share. I would expect production to move into high gear Sept/Oct with deliveries to follow in Oct/Nov. Ford is so afraid to make another mistake given the losses they are incurring on their EV cars, they just need to get this right and thats a bad operating model right there.
Sponsored

JAM486HP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
If it was QC issue it would have leaked.
Most of this chaos is Ford giving customers a tracking system that is constantly making changes and adjustments (like any major system) causing confusion and frustration.
Reality is they said from the beginning, Summer of '23, we are in summer and there are fleets of finished cars making their way through the logistical stage of being shipped to the dealers. Constraints aside, they will be pretty close to their target and many of you will taking ownership in the next few weeks.
Me, I am unscheduled clean with Nite Pony... it's gonna be awhile

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order
My car was scheduled to be built yesterday (8/7) , so I guess I'm out of luck. On a brighter note, I received an email from Ford this morning titled "Let's get you a Ford Mustang." Little do they know I already have one, they just haven't built it yet. 😂

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
My car was scheduled to be built yesterday (8/7) , so I guess I'm out of luck. On a brighter note, I received an email from Ford this morning titled "Let's get you a Ford Mustang." Little do they know I already have one, they just haven't built it yet. 😂
Why are you out of luck?

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order
Why are you out of luck?
I guess I don't quite understand how Ford's production scheduling works. 🤔 So I'm not out of luck?

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
I guess I don't quite understand how Ford's production scheduling works. 🤔 So I'm not out of luck?
This is future scheduling only, if you have already been scheduled for production this month and have a vin, this doesnt apply to you. Only people that are not scheduled.

Adeel3466

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT NP/PP
Look at your window stick upper middle right for a date thats your blend date and as far as I know They have not missed this date so your car should be done about a week from that day

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
You’ve already been scheduled. You’re fine. What that document tells us is ford is not scheduling any vehicles to get build dates this week. Last week they scheduled a bunch for September. This means they are seeing how things move around and how many more slots are available in September to schedule to a build week before adding more. Happens ever 2-3 weeks.

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order
Look at your window stick upper middle right for a date thats your blend date and as far as I know They have not missed this date so your car should be done about a week from that day
I haven't received any information directly from Ford on my order, which was placed on 3/27. No confirmation email, VIN or anything else. I'm just going by what my salesperson is telling me. I guess I'll just wait and see what happens.

Adeel3466

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT NP/PP
I haven't received any information directly from Ford on my order, which was placed on 3/27. No confirmation email, VIN or anything else. I'm just going by what my salesperson is telling me. I guess I'll just wait and see what happens.
Ask for the VIN from your salesperson and your order code then you can check yourself through the tracker and Ford chat

NightSurgeX2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1, 2018 Explorer Sport, 2024 Dark Horse
Yeah, if you're already scheduled you're fine. This is for any new scheduling (unscheduled cars).

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order

dollybud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT - 2018 Dodge Ram 1500.
From my experience in buying new cars, for the company its all about the hype, the press release, and the commercials, it is never about the customer. I have had many new Fords and in my opinion they suffer a quality control problem and the company is poorly run. Just look at their stock price languishing around $10-$15 a share. I would expect production to move into high gear Sept/Oct with deliveries to follow in Oct/Nov. Ford is so afraid to make another mistake given the losses they are incurring on their EV cars, they just need to get this right and thats a bad operating model right there.
Agree 100%.

Shawn82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang HPP
What they're saying is that you're better than most. You have a VIN and you are most likely being built as we speak. Your luck is better than most guys in this thread. Your only problem is that once it's built you'll be sitting with the rest of us waiting to get shipped. Rejoice, half of your battle is won.

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order
Spoke to my salesperson this morning. According to his information, my car was built yesterday. He cautioned me not to get too excited because Ford is apparently building cars without certain options, which may account for the large number of cars sitting on storage lots. It would really be nice to know what's going on for sure.
Sponsored