• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

No Mustang Scheduling This Week (6/8/23)

LCDRChemEng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BE DH Premium A10
If I read and heard correctly are we going by year or when they are supposed to have started making the cars? Because I heard summer 2023 not 2024.
Ah, but did they ever say they would have your car ready by [fill in the date]? I know from personal experience they bent over backwards and twisted themselves into pretzels conveying the diametric opposite. If anything was made clear to me it was "we're putting the order in, but there's no definite date for arrival." I got the impression it would be 6 months to a year.

Did you get a different presentation when you placed your order? If so, that would explain your anger. I suspect, however, you are disappointed that your prediction, based on reports, was off. Same thing happened to Henry Ford II when he thought he would beat Ferrari in 1965.
Sponsored

mcky2011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 Premium 21 F150 XLT 3.5
Lastoutlaw_21

I work for one of the largest corporations in the US, (just under 120k employees) they won the contract I've been on since 1998.

When I started it was a small, very successful business. It later sold to a slightly larger one, then a very large one. One more sale for the better, then the contract changed hands to the present prime and it has become an absolute nightmare.

Everything we used to do has countless layers of management inserted to milk money out of the customer.

It is so bloated by managers that are completely clueless to what we actually do, I am astonished we continue to operate.

They are taking in college kids and training them to be managers, so the whole process is self perpetuating.

One of our guys recently overheard a high-level meeting of the managers on a conference call and the topic was "how do we bill the customer for more hours".

Ford is just under 175k if you believe the internet, so it has to be at least as bad, if not worse than where I am.

If Henry Ford was reincarnated he would be powerless to fix it and you can bet he'd stroke out trying to.

You are more than justified to complain however you see fit, for many reasons and if any of these self-appointed forum warriors disagree, they are always free to stop reading.

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium, 2020 Mustang GT Premium c
Lmao feel free to read them, I do not really care honestly. I rather rant than keep thinking that Ford will act like a professional company. We are buying their product so at the very least explain or give updates on the product. Well informed customers are cool with waiting if they were told what's going on, just communicate it. But I shall rant until there is more info on the car I ordered rather than the constant excuses to why its looking like a late September or October build which is Winter and not summer as advertised.
Where I live it feels like summer most of the year, I have nothing but time. But, I also have a build that’s in the trim line right now. 😂

NS90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GFY
Can also confirm. My blend date was 6/7, actually went to trim line on 6/5, so should see the built bubble checked sometime next week 🤞
Great news! I can confirm 1/2 of my orders was produced today with the same blend date. I'll provide more information as soon as it's available.

Lastoutlaw_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia stinger and hyundai tucson hybrid
Where I live it feels like summer most of the year, I have nothing but time. But, I also have a build that’s in the trim line right now. 😂
Lol at least you got movement I'm jealous. My movements been going backwards every week it seems. And it's summer here mostly. But Georgia will give you all 4 seasons in one day sometimes during winter.

Lastoutlaw_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lastoutlaw_21

I work for one of the largest corporations in the US, (just under 120k employees) they won the contract I've been on since 1998.

When I started it was a small, very successful business. It later sold to a slightly larger one, then a very large one. One more sale for the better, then the contract changed hands to the present prime and it has become an absolute nightmare.

Everything we used to do has countless layers of management inserted to milk money out of the customer.

It is so bloated by managers that are completely clueless to what we actually do, I am astonished we continue to operate.

They are taking in college kids and training them to be managers, so the whole process is self perpetuating.

One of our guys recently overheard a high-level meeting of the managers on a conference call and the topic was "how do we bill the customer for more hours".

Ford is just under 175k if you believe the internet, so it has to be at least as bad, if not worse than where I am.

If Henry Ford was reincarnated he would be powerless to fix it and you can bet he'd stroke out trying to.

You are more than justified to complain however you see fit, for many reasons and if any of these self-appointed forum warriors disagree, they are always free to stop reading.
I feel that. I work in a hospital so we get told to take more patients, and operate at less than full staff in the ICU. Then top that with some meds and supplies on backorder and makes for some interesting nights and shifts lol. Alot of creativity happens to keep someone from doing down without supplies.

My hospital has at least 15 administration jobs where they make easy 150k or 200k and they all do the same thing which is nothing. They just get rid of the help we do have, add more responsibilities to our RN's and the patient unfortunately suffers. They only care about money. They could cut half the administration jobs and save 20 million a yr and hire people but they won't.

To fix current issues means hiring the staff and treating them appropriately and pay them. That will fix the supply issue but no company wants to pay their current workers let alone extra workers. So for the American market we stuck. Jobs are greedy and people are tired of working the job of 4 people without increase in pay.

Lastoutlaw_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ah, but did they ever say they would have your car ready by [fill in the date]? I know from personal experience they bent over backwards and twisted themselves into pretzels conveying the diametric opposite. If anything was made clear to me it was "we're putting the order in, but there's no definite date for arrival." I got the impression it would be 6 months to a year.

Did you get a different presentation when you placed your order? If so, that would explain your anger. I suspect, however, you are disappointed that your prediction, based on reports, was off. Same thing happened to Henry Ford II when he thought he would beat Ferrari in 1965.
The arrival not the issue. It's the constant issues that Ford has had with every release the past 3 years. They clearly did not try to fix anything from their previous blunders. It still bad planning and managing because im sure the plan to build got moved so much that any later would interfere with other projects. And I've dealt with Ford in the past.. a lemon and no bronco and thought the mustang would be different since it's their halo vehicle besides trucks. But ugh I'm a sucker for pain bc I came back and gonna wait. But man the DH getting kicked around at this point 😮💨.

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
The arrival not the issue. It's the constant issues that Ford has had with every release the past 3 years. They clearly did not try to fix anything from their previous blunders. It still bad planning and managing because im sure the plan to build got moved so much that any later would interfere with other projects. And I've dealt with Ford in the past.. a lemon and no bronco and thought the mustang would be different since it's their halo vehicle besides trucks. But ugh I'm a sucker for pain bc I came back and gonna wait. But man the DH getting kicked around at this point 😮💨.
They just announced the transformation for better quality and manufacturing a couple months ago. Stuff at this scale takes years.

You've posted like 15 comments today about the same thing over and over expecting it to be fixed already. Relax bud it'll be alright.

Lastoutlaw_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They just announced the transformation for better quality and manufacturing a couple months ago. Stuff at this scale takes years.

You've posted like 15 comments today about the same thing over and over expecting it to be fixed already. Relax bud it'll be alright.
I mean feel free to ignore if you have an issue as stated above lol.

guzie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT350
My dealer just called and said they got an allocation, and mine is up, but I would have to remove the Handling Package to get scheduled. If i did, it would be a late Summer delivery. I told them i didn't want to remove it. So I guess its back to waiting.
Yah. I’m 1st on the list for darkhorse at my dealer and I have passed on two allocations already because no handling pack or appearance pack available. Dumb commodities and really chafing that I have first pick but still stuck waiting.