• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

SoggyBottomBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Nope and I called ford and when I got off the phone with her, I called the dealer and asked for sales mgr and raised holy shit with him! It should be on June 7 that they put in because they screwed up. It didn’t go in till July 31. I see somebody just ordered one August 15 and they already got their build date. No rhyme or reason to any of this crap
And let me guess "theres nothing we can do". told you, 2024 my friend.
Sponsored

DailyDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Got my "Scheduled for production" email today, scheduled for week of 10/9 .

Original order date 7/21

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
And let me guess "theres nothing we can do". told you, 2024 my friend.
No, talked to the sales manager and he is checking in to it for me. I’m not going to worry about it.
I keep looking online, as soon as one comes up pretty much identical to what I ordered, I will buy another
I feel you. It's extremely frustrating. The worst part is the uncertainty of when your order will get pulled and then seeing people week after week being like "well I ordered yesterday and got a build date today". Retail orders should 100% be first in first out. It makes zero sense.
i agree! Wish we could go higher Up through ford. They are starting to give me a bitter taste in my mouth!

SoggyBottomBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
If you just ordered it a couple days ago, how did you already get a build date?
I've seen multiple people get a build date days, or a couple weeks after they order it. Meanwhile we sit for months and months for nothing. It's ridiculously unfair. Even in my case of the NP delaying it, I'm not buying it. It is not that hard to make some pieces black. Should be first ordered first delivered regardless of package.

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've seen multiple people get a build date days, or a couple weeks after they order it. Meanwhile we sit for months and months for nothing. It's ridiculously unfair. Even in my case of the NP delaying it, I'm not buying it. It is not that hard to make some pieces black. Should be first ordered first delivered regardless of package.
Agree!

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
go to cars.com. Put in 2024 mustang, then click everything you are wanting and see if there are any that are pretty much what you are looking for. More automatics than manuals

SoggyBottomBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
go to cars.com. Put in 2024 mustang, then click everything you are wanting and see if there are any that are pretty much what you are looking for. More automatics than manuals
From what i see they're just listings for vehicles because they can order them. (the same process we're in) They're not actual cars sitting in their lots.

Instant Action

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 Wrangler, '24 VB Mustang GT PP Vert 6sp
Just got my October 3rd build date. Ordered July 25th
Vapor blue GT premium convertible, pp, manual

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just got my October 3rd build date. Ordered July 25th
Vapor blue GT premium convertible, pp, manual
It just now came through? Your car sounds pretty much identical to mine. I wish I knew how they were deciding who’s cars to do first

Instant Action

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It just now came through? Your car sounds pretty much identical to mine. I wish I knew how they were deciding who’s cars to do first
I was out most of yesterday and didn’t check my email until later in the afternoon, but the time stamp says 10:17am.
I went through this strange order/production/hold/release/ship process last year with a Bronco Raptor. What I noticed is that if you placed your order on the day the order banks opened (I was lucky with a golden ticket) it took most orders about 4 months to go from production to being received at the dealership unless your vehicle got stuck in a holding yard post production, then add another 90 days to your wait.
I’m figuring it will be the same this time around so I’ll take a wild stab at it and guess I’ll see my car somewhere around Thanksgiving, baring any strikes or heaven forbid, another round of lockdowns.

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was out most of yesterday and didn’t check my email until later in the afternoon, but the time stamp says 10:17am.
I went through this strange order/production/hold/release/ship process last year with a Bronco Raptor. What I noticed is that if you placed your order on the day the order banks opened (I was lucky with a golden ticket) it took most orders about 4 months to go from production to being received at the dealership unless your vehicle got stuck in a holding yard post production, then add another 90 days to your wait.
I’m figuring it will be the same this time around so I’ll take a wild stab at it and guess I’ll see my car somewhere around Thanksgiving, baring any strikes or heaven forbid, another round of lockdowns.
Ordered mine June 7th, didn’t actually get to ford until July 31. Dang dealership!

Instant Action

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered mine June 7th, didn’t actually get to ford until July 31. Dang dealership!
Did your dealer not have allocation until then?

I live in south Florida and wound up going to Alabama to place the order with a dealer who had allocation plus had me as their 3rd order.
Sponsored