• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

New to Mustangs, New to Car Scene

Mustang11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger
Hello all,

I’m relatively new to muscle cars and it’s time for me to upgrade my vehicle. I currently own a v6 challenger, it’s terribly slow and after test driving all three of the v8 (Camaro, Challenger, Mustang) I’m going the mustang route. Can anybody explain how do I get that low torque feeling that pushes you back in your seat? I felt it in the challenger and Camaro, but I only felt it one time in the mustang while in Second gear going about 40mph.
Sponsored

maybemaybe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Honda Civic
I think its a combindation of weight and the high revving coyote that makes these cars lack that low end power feel. It completely baffles my mind how my friends old 3 valve mustang feels so responsive while my 21 a10 GT even with all that extra power, feels so muted. Different animals I suppose.

packfan021488

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Shadow Black GT PP
Pushrod style V8's found in the Challengers and Chargers have higher torque because they have a higher displacement (5.0L compared to 6.2L) the mopars have low down torque delivery because that's what works best with the old school push rod style. New stangs have DOHC VCT engines that rev to the moon and back so while the challengers and Chargers have that "throw your head back" torque the mustang will keep pulling on mopars even when thier torque has dropped off. Modern Mustangs are more sports cars akin to something BMW makes than an old school muscle car. All of those cars are great and fun but for me the refined nature and crazy long legs on the Mustangs make them more fun to drive daily. Also tuning (which isn't available yet for this model) should help with torque delivery hope this helps

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
The engine runs well at lower RPMs but it wakes up somewhere around 2500 to 3000 RPMs. Both the Auto and 6 speed are spaced close enough that you can shift at 4000 to 5000 RPMs and get a good feel of acceleration. If you're pushing it, go for 6000 to 7000 RPMs but this engine likes to run and at lower RPMs, it says more, more, more.

Vapor Blue GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and CRV
As another member said it’s a small block v8 with smaller displacement. The low end trq isn’t available but you get higher rpm and a little more horsepower. Trq gets you off the starting line, horsepower gets you to the finish line.

IFFV68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 Limited
Pushrod style V8's found in the Challengers and Chargers have higher torque because they have a higher displacement (5.0L compared to 6.2L) the mopars have low down torque delivery because that's what works best with the old school push rod style. New stangs have DOHC VCT engines that rev to the moon and back so while the challengers and Chargers have that "throw your head back" torque the mustang will keep pulling on mopars even when thier torque has dropped off. Modern Mustangs are more sports cars akin to something BMW makes than an old school muscle car. All of those cars are great and fun but for me the refined nature and crazy long legs on the Mustangs make them more fun to drive daily. Also tuning (which isn't available yet for this model) should help with torque delivery hope this helps
I believe torque has to do with gear ratio.
The 10-Speed comes with a 3:15 rear end.
The 6-Speed comes with a 3:55, but 3:73 are optional.
Back in the days everyone wanted to get the 4:11’s.
Things have changed for sure

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Bore and stroke

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium California Special
I believe torque has to do with gear ratio.
The 10-Speed comes with a 3:15 rear end.
The 6-Speed comes with a 3:55, but 3:73 are optional.
Back in the days everyone wanted to get the 4:11’s.
Things have changed for sure
You can opt for the 3:55 rear with the A10 GT. The Performance Pack is standard with 3:55 for the auto.
Sponsored