• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

New to Ford/Mustang - Dumb things I have noticed

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Oh - I got another one.

Keep hands on steering wheel notification. I am not using cruise control. Just normal driving. Yes and my hands were on the wheel. Dumb - where can I turn this off? It mutes the radio.
I agree with you on this one. I get it all the time and my hand is on the wheel. I guess my driving is so smooth the car thinks I'm not holding on :sunglasses:

Phrawst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium DMG PP

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 GT vert A10 / ‘23 Mach 1 A10 / ‘23 Mach 1 6MT
Wow. If this is really a thing and there’s no simple way to disable it through the menus It would completely put me off buying a 650. As in no chance, really. My wife’s Subie has a similar thing where if you barely look at anything that isn’t straight in front of you it will sound a warning then flash “keep eyes on road” up on the driver information screen. Absolutely makes me drool. You’re supposed to be able to shut it off but a day later it comes right back on.

krisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, PP - Race Red
Keep hands on steering wheel notification. I am not using cruise control. Just normal driving. Yes and my hands were on the wheel. Dumb - where can I turn this off? It mutes the radio.
The only time mine has given me the keep hands on steering wheel notification is when I turned on lane centering. I've driven a couple thousand miles using cruise control and never had it come up while lane centering is off.

Pyroguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
First, let me say I love the car. Here are some things I just don't understand.
1. All outlets run hot.
2. Why are the radio controls on the right side of the steering wheel?Wouldn't the left hand side make more sense? Especially for those with a stick.
3. Why can't there be a choice for a blank center screen in the dash section. Just the pony would be nice.
4. The stupid seatbelt retainer.
5. So it takes two entries to turn off the AC, but one push to enable cruise control.
6. The navigation info should show up on the top of the dash screen instead of the botton just above the PRNDM.
7. The star button is useless.
8. Why leave the first button blank for us with a GT?
9. Infotainment split screen options. Only like 3 or 4 options. How many places does one need to see the crappy MPG.

Feel free to add to this list.....
4. The stupid seatbelt retainer. Agree, I hate that thing. A magnet? Its always coming off and seatbelt hits my neck in an annoying spot.

7. The star button is useless. No, I use it a lot. I have it set to Quiet Exhaust. I have used it 4 times already when I'm near cops. Sometimes my wife (Karen) doesn't like it loud when we are near people walking dogs, horses or other Karen's. So it's called the Karen button. Then I just hit it again and it goes back to the mode it was in. Works great

I'm normally running my Android Auto with Waze (for the cops). If I listen to Sat Radio, it won't show the channel and song info on the right screen. I like to switch channels a lot.

In general I have had weird things happening with the infotainment system.

Has anyone tried Alexa yet? I need to set that up at some point

Smaaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Accord
Wow. If this is really a thing and there’s no simple way to disable it through the menus It would completely put me off buying a 650. As in no chance, really. My wife’s Subie has a similar thing where if you barely look at anything that isn’t straight in front of you it will sound a warning then flash “keep eyes on road” up on the driver information screen. Absolutely makes me drool. You’re supposed to be able to shut it off but a day later it comes right back on.
It’s not a big deal. It just happens when you don’t move the steering wheel for a while. It’s actually impressive how straight the car tracks with no inputs. If you jiggle the wheel a tiny bit the warning immediately goes away.

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
I just don't understand why on a straight road I should have to jiggle the wheel when I am clearly inside the lines and my hands on the wheel. My car is being looked at by Ford rep today so I don't have it to turn off lane centering and see if it goes away

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
turn off steering assist

That's actually Lane Assist. But appreciate the update along with the previous post with the link for same issue

Sofa King

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost, Vapor Blue, HPP
I got the keep hands on the wheel warning... because l wasn't holding on to it lol.... seeing how long the lane centering would drive.
Also have the star (favorite) button set for quiet mode too.

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium, 2024 GT Premium ordered
Has anyone tried Alexa yet? I need to set that up at some point
I tried it. Unfortunately, it seemed challenged by Carplay, and I had to turn it off and reset the computer to get Carplay to work again. But it sounds like it could be a cool feature.

OP
OP

Rushstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Hum, I think this a new one. Do not recall hearing about this on the S550. I doubt cruise control would have anything to do with this. Could be a FTFM issue. 🤭👍

Good to see that you are trying to endure yourself to the community. First calling our cars dumb and then calling some forum members dumb. :clap:
Not looking to make friends. Just things I observe, that is all!

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
4. The stupid seatbelt retainer. Agree, I hate that thing. A magnet? Its always coming off and seatbelt hits my neck in an annoying spot.
After you place the seatbelt in the loop, pull up on the loop. There seems to be grove in the catch that physically locks the loop in place.
Sponsored