• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

New to Ford/Mustang - Dumb things I have noticed

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
Yā€™all remember those huge rotating searchlights they used to bring in on a trailer for the grand opening of a new K-Mart or maybe a county fair? Iā€™m wondering if maybe we could find a little smaller stick-on LED version of those so folks could find their cup holders and console lids in the dark?

Itā€˜s hard to believe Ford concentrates on the picayune little stuff like engine development so we can continue to enjoy these wonderful beasts a few more years but lets the big stuff like insufficient interior lighting go.
Maybe you donā€™t care, thatā€™s your opinion! I like to have my lights. I donā€™t need to see my damn feet when Iā€™m driving. I would rather see how to get into my garage or what Iā€™m looking for something in my glove box Iā€™d rather be able to see it. I donā€™t drive like a maniac, so you and made do not think anything like. Quite a few of us that are a little older I would like to be able to see how to do this or that! I donā€™t find your little remarks funny at all

RJV15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
Maybe you donā€™t care, thatā€™s your opinion! I like to have my lights. I donā€™t need to see my damn feet when Iā€™m driving. I would rather see how to get into my garage or what Iā€™m looking for something in my glove box Iā€™d rather be able to see it. I donā€™t drive like a maniac, so you and made do not think anything like. Quite a few of us that are a little older I would like to be able to see how to do this or that! I donā€™t find your little remarks funny at all
To be fair, I think I opened my glovebox maybe twice a year with my last two cars just put my new registration in there.

The cupholder lights would be cool!

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 GT vert A10 / ā€˜23 Mach 1 A10 / ā€˜23 Mach 1 6MT
Arenā€™t you 62?

74 hereā€¦

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well I apologize then. I thought you had mentioned that in a post.

So much for me going from memory.
Add almost 5 years and remember if I come home late at night and hubby is on a road trip, I want to be Able to know and see where my garage door opener button is. Especially these days

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium, 2024 GT Premium ordered
Add almost 5 years and remember if I come home late at night and hubby is on a road trip, I want to be Able to know and see where my garage door opener button is. Especially these days
I don't remember the garage door opener being lit in my s550... TBH, I don't even look up at them to find the button. I just do it by feel anyway. But I've missed more than once and opened the wrong door, so... šŸ˜‚

I definitely wish the cupholders were lit. It's just nice to have the extra interior lighting.

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
2. Why are the radio controls on the right side of the steering wheel?Wouldn't the left hand side make more sense? Especially for those with a stick.
I used to think the same thing. The radio/volume controls on the right were silly as I definitely want to adjust my volume at the same time I'm grinding my gears with a manual transmission.

Then I finally realized, the buttons were not intended for ME... they were intended for the masses that drive automatic and the philosophy was: Right side steering wheel controls are for the center console audio / Left side is for cruise control and controlling the gauge cluster screen.

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
I don't remember the garage door opener being lit in my s550... TBH, I don't even look up at them to find the button. I just do it by feel anyway. But I've missed more than once and opened the wrong door, so... šŸ˜‚

I definitely wish the cupholders were lit. It's just nice to have the extra interior lighting.

Wait... the cup holders don't have accent lighting on the new gen?? My old 2016 has cup holder lights that match the rest of the interior lights on the 401A package. Maybe Ford made that a separate option for 24 or only included it on the highest trim versions?

Mustang8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Wait... the cup holders don't have accent lighting on the new gen?? My old 2016 has cup holder lights that match the rest of the interior lights on the 401A package. Maybe Ford made that a separate option for 24 or only included it on the highest trim versions?
Nope no lighted cup holders in S650 at all

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have three S550s and I honestly couldnā€™t tell you whether the cup holders have any lighting or not. Iā€™ve never looked. Having said that, I NEVER leave the house without a bottle of water or something in case I have to take a quick rescue pill for migraine, or sometimes I just want a drink. I simply put the bottle away by feel. For me, thatā€™s a lot safer than taking my eyes off the road. I bought these cars for fun, not transportation and I enjoy driving them spiritedly. As such, things happen pretty quickly and I try to be safe as possible. Iā€™d never go through the glove box or console unless I was dead stopped. I never thought about the garage openers because I havenā€™t even bothered to sync mine up and just use the regular remotes. Iā€™m not sure what this footwell lighting is since I never noticed.

But everybody does it differently. Iā€™d personally be real happy if Ford had made the Mach 1 the same price as now except a direct replica of a ā€˜65 GT350 except with a Coyote, Tremec and a couple of airbags. And oh yeah, ABS. When Iā€™m looking for comfort and convenience Iā€™m driving something else. But thatā€™s just meā€¦

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
My 2015 wasnā€™t lit nor is my 2019. After nine years I know where the buttons are. šŸ¤­ My only issue is reaching for my buttons on the rear view mirror (thatā€™s where they are on my wifeā€™s controls are on her Volvo.

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
To be fair, I think I opened my glovebox maybe twice a year with my last two cars just put my new registration in there.

The cupholder lights would be cool!
Mine mostly is garage door opener. My 2018 grand Cherokee door opener lights up really nice at night

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No, they have the lighting in stupid places, like floor boards for driver and passenger. šŸ™„
Sponsored