• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Here is my updated guess which is like a McLaren P1 Hybrid RWD. Lol

Ford proved it could make a good handling car that was heavy with the GT500 & DH. This new model will be a stripped down DH, weight saving components added (carbon driveshaft, etc) and then the weight will be added back with hybrid components. Therefore you will have a 4100lbs, 2 seater, Hybrid Mustang. I am struggling with AWD as that seems it would be too heavy. A tail happy, powerful, RWD Mustang at 3.2 seconds 0-60 for $99,000 Base price.

Removing the rear seats will give the space for adding the hybrid components. The Mach E allowed Ford to test their EV technology on a performance model.

The name will be Mustang GT Stallion E :)
Mustang has 4 seats but only 2 doors., a little touch of exclusivity. The awd makes sense as a hybrid because it’s a hybrid anyway. Electric motor in the back (where the gas tank formally sat?) and battery up front, previously known to be cool as ice? But pure ev may end up going the way of the dodo and betamax. Clean Green fuel and hybrids galore. The rip and replace to gain new efficiency with old equipment basically makes each egen a one off of it’s own. If this is the case I suspect they would try to make it as lightweight as possible using non expensive fancy stuff just to keep the entry cost down.
Sponsored

GripTime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse, 2006 Mustang GT
Mustang has 4 seats but only 2 doors., a little touch of exclusivity. The awd makes sense as a hybrid because it’s a hybrid anyway. Electric motor in the back (where the gas tank formally sat?) and battery up front, previously known to be cool as ice? But pure ev may end up going the way of the dodo and betamax. Clean Green fuel and hybrids galore. The rip and replace to gain new efficiency with old equipment basically makes each egen a one off of it’s own. If this is the case I suspect they would try to make it as lightweight as possible using non expensive fancy stuff just to keep the entry cost down.
The essence of my thoughts is essentially add straight line speed while maintaining RWD raw Mustang driving attributes. Essentially a GT500 but with a much lower torque punch due to electric motors. And keeping the weight a little over 4000lbs.

Reactions: Zig

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
The essence of my thoughts is essentially add straight line speed while maintaining RWD raw Mustang driving attributes. Essentially a GT500 but with a much lower torque punch due to electric motors. And keeping the weight a little over 4000lbs.
That could work although if they wonder about it for a moment downforce is what kills evs. What if instead of going after stuff that pushes heavy brick down (requiring more power - [insert tim allen grunt here] ) why not give the wing a little lift. As long as the tires are still touch it may take less power to float than drag. But i dont think they’re going that far …

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Not an EV, not a Hybrid, hoping it's a Shelby or a Cobra. I would go in major debt for a cobra

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
What fun could AWD possibly bring to the daily-cruiser type? I've only driven Audi and Dodge AWD cars and it feels like it removes enjoyment from the driving experience. Make a heavy car feel heavier and steering disconnected.
Unless it's about straight line acceleration or driving in the snow with summer tires, I think AWD would dilute the spirit. Ken Block's cars are not what we're talking about here.
For me it'd be incentive to travel up north in seasons other than summer or fall. The drive up north from what I've experienced seems more beginner friendly than the drive going to Vegas as well, so I could finally get proper highway driving experience. As for my enjoyment, I'd enjoy it just for the V8 sound and increased stability taking turns at speed. That's probably just oblivious me though.

Knowing Ford's recent "exciting" releases, it's probably just a green color added for 2025.
Hey, that would be exciting to me! Especially if it was Gotta Have It Green or a slightly greener shade of Eruption Green.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
why leave performamce on the table.
RWD in a high power front engine vehicle is just fighting itself for traction. Inefficient.

it’s 2024. Time to move things up a notch and make use of that power we’ve been getting. AWD systems now are fantastic.

Last edited:

GripTime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
why leave performamce on the table.
RWD in a high power front engine vehicle is just fighting itself for traction. Inefficient.

it’s 2024. Time to move things up a notch and make use of that power we’ve been getting. AWD systems now are fantastic.
This is what fuels most of the debate about these cars and the DH debate. The question is what do you want and value in a high performance Mustang? Maybe I would like an AWD variant but for now that's not something I want. I don't want the Mustang to become the perfect balanced AWD machine that some cars are. I want V8, RWD, manual that requires a little creative skill when getting it to handle! Lol. If you add some hybrid technology for some more power, even better. There is a chance I might be interested in that.

To me that has always been the Mustang. That simple formula.

MaddNomad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GRC
This is what fuels most of the debate about these cars and the DH debate. The question is what do you want and value in a high performance Mustang? Maybe I would like an AWD variant but for now that's not something I want. I don't want the Mustang to become the perfect balanced AWD machine that some cars are. I want V8, RWD, manual that requires a little creative skill when getting it to handle! Lol. If you add some hybrid technology for some more power, even better. There is a chance I might be interested in that.

To me that has always been the Mustang. That simple formula.
I think AWD as a special variant on a new chassis would be interesting, but on the S650 it doesn’t sound exciting. I would imagine it being compromised and crazy heavy.

GripTime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think AWD as a special variant on a new chassis would be interesting, but on the S650 it doesn’t sound exciting. I would imagine it being compromised and crazy heavy.
Well, that was kind of my point based on all the viewpoints in this thread. If Ford isn't going to spend a ton of money on a new chassis, if this reveal isn't going to be an RTR or some aftermarket parts variant, what could they do with the S650 chassis that may be considered "new."

I still want to know when this is supposed to be revealed, or is that not known?

Jivor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT
I would imagine an AWD system would require significant modification of the existing 6G and 7G chassis; doesn't seem a likely scenario.
Sponsored