• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
That's an older rendering.....actually based on the Polestar 1, with S550 front and rear ends grafted on.
Sponsored

dethmaShine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 328i '09
No platform shift. Incremental edgier update to S550.

Ford just sleeping because the suckers will still buy it I guess. Alright, in line.

Last edited:

dethmaShine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 328i '09
Apparently there was something about next gen being a poster car.

What I am seeing right now doesn’t give me that impression. But this is not a finished product either so I amexcited to see these renders evolve with more data

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
+1

Your sketch incorporates elements Jem noted he saw at some point - particularly the U-shaped DRLs that are supposed to run underneath the laser headlights, like on the new Escape.

Screen Shot 2021-12-21 at 8.34.30 PM.png
Exactly, it's still a little vague regarding how those u-shaoed LEDs are going to look, so one as you noted was inspired by the escape headlights. The other was inspired by the LEDs we saw in that mystery Ford model that was spied in the background of the lightning ad. Both themes modified to fit the tri-bars.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Yeah, I see where you're coming from. But as you mentioned, I think people will develop stronger opinions on both sides of the isle once the camo starts to drop off. I think another thing to take into account is the fact that is seems like we're looking at the base car, or close to it. The gt, and especially the Shelby models with offer more agressive and muscular looks.

OP
OP
Ace

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
I totally agree that adding "air pockets" on the lower sides would improve the look drastically. But right now I don't see that on the spied car.

Since the "S550 2nd refresh" mules we know Ford has no problems just add stuff to their prototypes that is not on the final cars or remove some bodyparts to not show all the lines through the padding.

I will update my rendering once we have new stuff to see. But one thing for sure: Don't try too hard to guess the DRL design. Before Ford is revealing it themselves nothing we draw will come even close to the final design. Even Jem said he is not sure if what he saw was the design they finally chose, if I remember correctly.

S650 Mustang New S650 Rendering (based on first spyshots) 1642492983633

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
Does anyone think the rear fenders will be wider than the current Mustang to allow for the installation of wider tires ?

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
it seems odd to give a damn what the headlight elements look like. Everyone is ripping off the tri-bar. VW in particular and Kia too if memory serves.

body sculpting, and greenhouse are far more critical. I just hope Ford is resisting this asinine myopia with gaping front grills.

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
It’s going to be an evolution of the s550, and not a whole redo like we got from s197 to s550. I think it looks fine but the powertrains are the real question