• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
How did they manage to get the headlights totally wrong when the front end has already been leaked? Also the grill shape seems off even if the GT grille is larger

2024-Ford-Mustang-S650-Prototype-Front-Fascia-Leak-April-2022-1024x691.jpeg
I finally can put my finger on what the bumpers reminds me of, it's an old Tiguan ✌
S650 Mustang New S650 Mustang render from Road & Track 1656505603730

S650 Mustang New S650 Mustang render from Road & Track 1656505875292
Sponsored

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
I don't hate it, but it needs to be sharpened up to be more realistic. From what we can tell, it kinda looks like the s650 will have more prominent haunches as well. Whereas in this rendering, the side surfacing looks. A little tame. But that could just be the camo doing it's thing.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
a modest interior update and exterior styling change would make sense since Ford doesn't have money, and they are drastically short on EV precursor manufacturing and parts availability. What would be the point of making an already hopeless situation worse? Just run out the clock till 2030 and call it fineto. Requires no large expenditures, keeps jobs and suppliers treading water as the perfect storm of depression, EV unavailability, oil price crisis, and world-wide revolt against Green-imposed poverty topples govts, and virtue-signaling chickens come home to roost.

Long live Mopar and their "screw you, the people want HEMI and we will deliver".

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
It is nearly impossible to get the feel of the next Gen design just hosting a new fascia on the old car from the front fenders back.

Curves might be replaced with Angles and Lines could turn into Edges…

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
Nah, I think Ford is letting the Mustang (as we know it) die on the vine.

Whatever the reasons, we went from possibly getting a CD6-derived new platform, to another rehash of D2C with "elements" of CD6, to now what is looking like more a facelift than a "new" car. I don't see any money being put into a new, emissions compliant v8/turbo/whatever ICE motor. Electrifying the D2C/S550 isn't likely to happen either.

No new motor. No new platform. No electrification for the current/future platform.

That leaves only one thing:

The Mach-E.

I'm calling it now. As coupe sales dwindle, Ford will quietly put the Pony out to pasture. The Mach-E isn't just part of the "Mustang Family", it's going to be the ONLY "Mustang" at some point.

Your move Ford, prove me wrong. Put out an EV coupe.
Unfortunately we haven't heared from any hybrid V8s in a very long time...
Assuming that FORD is playing it cheap and dirty the S650 will get an upgraded v6 hybrid from the F150... They can keep that...

I don't share your "Mach-E only" distopia though but rather think that FORD will come up with a "proper" GT ev just like Stellantis.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Unfortunately we haven't heared from any hybrid V8s in a very long time...
Assuming that FORD is playing it cheap and dirty the S650 will get an upgraded v6 hybrid from the F150... They can keep that...

I don't share your "Mach-E only" distopia though but rather think that FORD will come up with a "proper" GT ev just like Stellantis.
The EB and NA V8 are already confirmed for the launch of the S650. A V8 hybrid is unlikely so expect to see a V6 hybrid added at some time.

As far as the Mach-E is concerned Ford has already gotten their monies worth by using the Mustang name. Could the success of the Mach-E give Ford the idea that our coupe is now expendable? Stay tuned!!

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I'm still hope this means hybrid tech with the V8. Of course, it could mean the current engine just being de-tuned to meet emissions, but my glass is still half full at the moment :like:

While the V8 is sticking around, Jammoul indicates that Ford is cleaning up the engine's emissions. "What we need to do, though, is make the V8 more environmentally friendly and you need to make sure it’s regulatory compliant. And that’s absolutely something we have worked on and will certainly have in the next-generation Mustang," he told Wheels.

https://www.motor1.com/news/578055/ford-confirms-next-gen-mustang/

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
It's always funny to read comments about the body on what is clearly just a picture of an S550 with the leaked front end pasted on it.
It's what we've got to talk about right now. If you have something better, please post it. I would love to comment on that as well.

This one doesn't look bad. It also shows less change than 2012 to 2013...

Anyone want to hear my Doom & Gloom prediction for the 7th gen?
Oooh, oooh! Yes please.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
as the 2018 s550 was to the 2015, so this is to the 2018.

just a facelifted s550, but a back to the future theme.

actually looks like a redone 2015. This is getting into letdown territory. Hopefully it’s likely wrong.

S650 Mustang New S650 Mustang render from Road & Track 99766786-6D95-4302-8594-A3278A550F8B

S650 Mustang New S650 Mustang render from Road & Track A8AA1CFD-6164-407C-8003-74C2A5DFD4EB

Last edited:

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I feel like based on what the leaks of the actual car look like, some of the curves on the rest of the car could “flatten” out and become more angular. I really don’t think it will look like an s550 behind the front bumper.
Sponsored