• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

New DH or 2020 GT 350?

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
Not hating on the Dark Horse... I love all Mustangs... but the gen 2 Voodoo is MUCH less prone to burn oil or have issues then the first one. If you check the S550 forums.. you will see F150 Coyote motors also burn oil... in fact the Coyote in my Roush F150 burns more oil then my gen 2 voodoo as my car now has 13k miles on it and doesn't burn oil at all
.. as a former Coyote mustang owner.. 19 gt pp1.. I can speak intelligently about both cars... yes the 350 has much less tech but the noises the motor makes... you tend to forget all that stuff.. it's the reason you still see low mileage 2020 350Rs going for 100k plus... 19s going for 90k .. and Mach 1s with more tech pulling much less money.. the Coyote is an incredible motor... but the voodoo transforms the car... that being said if you want a drag race car... Coyote with a10 all day... if you want a car that illicit an incredible emotional response... the 350 is your car...

Dig-It

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500KR (0758), GT500 (N2617)
Willing to bet money that the DH will best the GT350 on the track, stock for stock, and I do mean the GT350R.

f00man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Not hating on the Dark Horse... I love all Mustangs... but the gen 2 Voodoo is MUCH less prone to burn oil or have issues then the first one. If you check the S550 forums.. you will see F150 Coyote motors also burn oil... in fact the Coyote in my Roush F150 burns more oil then my gen 2 voodoo as my car now has 13k miles on it and doesn't burn oil at all
.. as a former Coyote mustang owner.. 19 gt pp1.. I can speak intelligently about both cars... yes the 350 has much less tech but the noises the motor makes... you tend to forget all that stuff.. it's the reason you still see low mileage 2020 350Rs going for 100k plus... 19s going for 90k .. and Mach 1s with more tech pulling much less money.. the Coyote is an incredible motor... but the voodoo transforms the car... that being said if you want a drag race car... Coyote with a10 all day... if you want a car that illicit an incredible emotional response... the 350 is your car...
Uh, the reason why the Shelby GT350R “may” be more expensive than the Mach 1 HP is perception. The reason why a Balenciaga shirt is $300 versus a “regular” shirt. The Mach 1 HP is just as capable as a GT350R, but some people just get wet dreams because of the Shelby name. Same as the Shelby Super Snakes, just the name…$150K to get a “real” Shelby. Some buy GT350Rs as investments, so they protect the brand equity too.

The DH is different..locked ECU, FNV platform, inferior exterior/interior, etc.

Jivor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT
Any word on a Voodoo for the 7th Gen? Not for me personally, but is anyone here waiting on a GT-350/500 or later variant and skipping the DH?

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Exactly what the title says. Wait for New Dark Horse $66,000 or 2020 GT 350 with 14,000 miles for 70,000?
I guess it depends on what you want. The gt350 is the more exotic and unique car between the two, but it's a greater liability with the iffy voodoo reliability. The gt350 will probably be the better car if all you're doing is hitting up the track, the DH seems to be a better car for day to day living. The DH with its forged internals means you'll be able to mod it like crazy, whereas the gt350s you basically have to leave stock to avoid issues.

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
Willing to bet money that the DH will best the GT350 on the track, stock for stock, and I do mean the GT350R.
the Mach 1 already beat the 350R on a track (according to Car and Driver's tests), and the Dark Horse has more power and downforce than the M1, so it's almost promised to beat the 350R again

OP
OP
Darkness24

Darkness24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang Gt Ordered 2024 Dark Horse Premium
I guess it depends on what you want. The gt350 is the more exotic and unique car between the two, but it's a greater liability with the iffy voodoo reliability. The gt350 will probably be the better car if all you're doing is hitting up the track, the DH seems to be a better car for day to day living. The DH with its forged internals means you'll be able to mod it like crazy, whereas the gt350s you basically have to leave stock to avoid issues.
the Mach 1 already beat the 350R on a track (according to Car and Driver's tests), and the Dark Horse has more power and downforce than the M1, so it's almost promised to beat the 350R again
Yes the DH performance is said to be better than the Mach 1 so? This according to marketing director Jim Owens. The GT 350 does have miles, who knows what type of miles they were. Plus it's black w/ black interior & I'm loving the exclusive Blue Ember paint on the DH. I've had my Gen 1 coyote since 2010 60,000 miles never burnt oil. Others with Gen 1 coyotes had oil use burn issues & some burnt the number 8 piston with early unsafe tunes. Think I'm still leaning DH at this point. Ford is making it difficult since I still don't have a build date or VIN yet! Thinking I can work the dealer down to the DH price & if so I would have to seriously consider the 350!

zaimer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT Premium (ordered)
Yes the DH performance is said to be better than the Mach 1 so? This according to marketing director Jim Owens. The GT 350 does have miles, who knows what type of miles they were. Plus it's black w/ black interior & I'm loving the exclusive Blue Ember paint on the DH. I've had my Gen 1 coyote since 2010 60,000 miles never burnt oil. Others with Gen 1 coyotes had oil use burn issues & some burnt the number 8 piston with early unsafe tunes. Think I'm still leaning DH at this point. Ford is making it difficult since I still don't have a build date or VIN yet! Thinking I can work the dealer down to the DH price & if so I would have to seriously consider the 350!
i was on the hunt for white with blue stripes as my first choice. Looks awesome. My second choice would’ve been blue with white stripes.
It is a difficult choice for sure, to decide between the two cars. I know the gt350 interior isn’t my favorite, but I’m not certain that I would love the large screens of the new mustangs either. Sure, it looks cool but we’re getting further and further away of true muscle/sports car roots. It’s supposed to be about the car and the driving experience; we don’t necessarily need all of these gadgets and a 50” flat screen. 😂

erocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT Premium, '09 Lexus IS250 AWD
For street driving/garage parking It really comes down to if you want the Voodoo engine in the 350 or not. That's pretty subjective.

Lynchburgsam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I don't know if we can put reliability down for DH yet. Supposedly production delays were due to the dual intake on that new 5.0. You will have a warranty sure but if I had to jump in now and couldn't give S650 a year to work out some kinks, I would go with a third option...a 22 or 23 new Mach 1 on a lot. No way you can't get a deal on one of those right now with DH about to drop. I have known too many people that have had GT350 issues to jump into one of those used at this point.
I’ve tried to buy 3. They want same money as Dark Horse if you have HP. It’s crazy. I’d probably prefer it but I’m not buying one for $75k when new ones are coming out.

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Uh, the reason why the Shelby GT350R “may” be more expensive than the Mach 1 HP is perception. The reason why a Balenciaga shirt is $300 versus a “regular” shirt. The Mach 1 HP is just as capable as a GT350R, but some people just get wet dreams because of the Shelby name. Same as the Shelby Super Snakes, just the name…$150K to get a “real” Shelby. Some buy GT350Rs as investments, so they protect the brand equity too.

The DH is different..locked ECU, FNV platform, inferior exterior/interior, etc.
The "inferior exterior / interior" is your OPINION, not facts

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
How does your 2010 have a Gen 1 Coyote? My 2010 had the 4.6L V8. I thought Coyote came out in 2011

Revan9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
It's possible that the DH is faster, C/D's time was recorded in a 2016 R, wouldn't be surprised if the 2020 is faster than the Mach 1 based on the suspension upgrades. Personally I expect them all to perform similarly - it's about which one is more fun to drive balanced with maintenance and insurance costs.