• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

New Brake Hold feature on 2024 Mustang

Steadyvw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang ecoboost
Just finding out about the "brake hold" feature on my Mustang. I had no idea that this feature even existed. My wife had it on her bmw and Mercedes, but after playing with the screen, I stumbled on this feature that made my day. For those who aren't familiar with it, you turn it on from the touch screen and every time you come to a complete stop, you can take your foot off of the brake and the car won't move, like stop lights, stop n go traffic, etc...
To get the car to move again, no need to step back on the brake again, you just press the gas pedal and the car moves as normal. This function stays on until you disengage it from the touch screen. My wife hates this feature, but I absolutely love it. The fact that I can rest my foot off the brake in heavy stop and go traffic is priceless 👌🏽
Sponsored

Rio Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
i call it the drive-thru brake

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
It's such a good feature. The best part is that you only have to activate it once and it stays on through on/off cycles. It's nice not having to hold the brake pedal down when you're at a red light, especially if you live somewhere with lots of lights.

Last edited:

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Atlas Blue
where can i find it? i have the GT 301A, is it a premium only thing?

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
My wife had it on her bmw and Mercedes,
It’s also on every Honda, Toyota, etc, pretty much most modern commuters

Petty stabs aside it’s a useful feature for sure lol

nupe494

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I have never turned on the "Auto Hold" feature yet there have been a few times where the car is clearly holding on a hill as I can feel it release as soon as I apply the throttle. Any idea as to why my Mustang is doing this?

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium, 2024 GT Premium ordered
I have never turned on the "Auto Hold" feature yet there have been a few times where the car is clearly holding on a hill as I can feel it release as soon as I apply the throttle. Any idea as to why my Mustang is doing this?
If you see a small round green indicator on the bottom left of your dash, that's the hill hold. It comes on when you come to a stop. Keeps the brake lights on too. Turns off when you accelerate.

nupe494

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
If you see a small round green indicator on the bottom left of your dash, that's the hill hold. It comes on when you come to a stop. Keeps the brake lights on too. Turns off when you accelerate.
I'll look for the indicator to verify. I'm just questioning why it's active when it's not set to active under the Driver Assistance options. I've triple checked to confirm that the feature is off in the settings. It's rather unnatural when I don't feel the slight roll back when coming off the brake.

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
That’s the hill start assist.

nupe494

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
That’s the hill start assist.
So there's a separate hill start assist aside from the Auto Hold feature that essentially does the same thing? I really hope that's not the case.

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
Yes. One is to prevent roll back when you are on a hill and the other will actually make you stay put until you hit the gas.

auto hold- maintains the brake until you tell the car to go (press the gas)

hill assist- prevents the car from rolling backwards while you go from stopped to moving.

2024S650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 S550
Auto Hold has been used by Honda for several years, its one feature that I wish my S550 had.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
The only place you'll want to disable it is if you take your vehicle through a car wash (with the rolling track that pushes the vehicle along). My 21 F150 has auto-hold, and the first time I went through my usual car wash, it took me about 10 seconds to figure out why it felt like the truck was being dragged through ... LOL.

ArthurJGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 GTO, '06 GTO, '22 Expy, '22 F-250, '24 Mustang
We have it on our Expedition, it's a love hate relationship.

It's nice for things like drive throughs or city driving, it's annoying as hell trying to creep through a parking lot or in slow stop/go traffic.
Sponsored