• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

New Brake Hold feature on 2024 Mustang

Rapid_RedGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT
where can i find it? i have the GT 301A, is it a premium only thing?
Just go into your car from the Home Screen, and click features, then driver assist. You can turn it on by checking a box
Sponsored

Eurasianman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
That’s the hill start assist.
My 2015 Mazda6 had this feature. The Mazda6 was also a manual. The first time I encountered it, I thought my brakes were stuck 😂

On a plus note, this is sort of a good feature for people who have never driven a manual before. I remember learning how to drive a manual without this feature when I was 15. Good way to burn up a clutch for first time manual drivers :crackup:

ArthurJGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 GTO, '06 GTO, '22 Expy, '22 F-250, '24 Mustang
My 2015 Mazda6 had this feature. The Mazda6 was also a manual. The first time I encountered it, I thought my brakes were stuck 😂

On a plus note, this is sort of a good feature for people who have never driven a manual before. I remember learning how to drive a manual without this feature when I was 15. Good way to burn up a clutch for first time manual drivers :crackup:
My son is 17 and has a manual GTO, I taught him how to do this with the e-brake so you don't fry the clutch, which is actually exactly how the car does it also.

The Wizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Mustang; 16 F-150
Yes, the brake hold option is good.
It works on the level, on an upgrade or on a downgrade, once you've come to a stop.
And it works independently from auto stop start for the engine.

Then once you tap on the accelerator, it releases the hold, restarts the engine, and you're ready for another 0-60 takeoff...

dollybud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT - 2018 Dodge Ram 1500.
It's such a good feature. The best part is that you only have to activate it once and it stays on through on/off cycles. It's nice not having to hold the brake pedal down when you're at a red light, especially if you live somewhere with lots of lights.
Or lots of hills

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ