• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

New Feature! Rear View Video

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Had this happen a couple times, thought it was pretty funny and honestly kinda cool but it’s super strange to drive and see a video behind you.
Both times it happened was after leaving a gas station on a long drive and hopping back on the road quickly. Seems to be a RAM issue if I had to guess. Nothing seems to fix it other than touching the screen behind the video area which will reset everything back to normal
Sponsored

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
Dangerous as hell.
Someone can easily crash watching the rear camera video and not w paying attention to what is happening in front of them.

infinitemberstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse - Blue Ember - MT
Defo a big safety issue. Please report this bug to @Ford Motor Company via their official channel as well.
This is no good at all, could easily affect drivers visual reactions.

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium, 2024 GT Premium ordered
Like a rearview mirror? They make em digital now too. I'm not sure who thinks anyone drives around only staring at the rearview mirrors. In fact, many newer trucks use very large digital side mirrors in the cabs now.

thelostone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang
looks like it’s staying on the reverse delay part and it’s not sensing that your back in drive ..this reverse delay screen can be disabled in settings

HWill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Like a rearview mirror? They make em digital now too. I'm not sure who thinks anyone drives around only staring at the rearview mirrors. In fact, many newer trucks use very large digital side mirrors in the cabs now.

HA, I was thinking the same thing. I have had programmers keep the back-up cam on in other vehicles. Would not be a bad option in the Mustang so I don't have to hunch over to see in the rear view.

Last edited:

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium, 2024 GT Premium ordered
HA, I was thinking the same thing. I have had programmers keep the back-up cam on in other vehicles. Would no be a bad option in the Mustang so I don't have to hunch over to see in the rear view.
Totally agree! I think I'd like that to be a feature they enable in the Mustang, especially in split screen view.

infinitemberstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse - Blue Ember - MT
IMHO NHSTA will no way allow that to be a feature. Other EV’s might have it - but if you notice - they are below the eye line on the EV’s.
the screen on the s650 is not high enough for it to be a feature..

Also - on a MT - this is defo a distraction for the driver - and actually really dangerous.

Toor_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 s197 v6. Awaiting 2024 s650 GT PP/NP
looks like it’s staying on the reverse delay part and it’s not sensing that your back in drive ..this reverse delay screen can be disabled in settings
Now that you mention this, I remember someone on YouTube saying to turn that feature off. I was wondering why and now it makes sense

OP
OP
Interstellar

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
I find the feature super useful when you're moving around back and forth in a parking lot.
I too would love to have this as a standalone feature

SAL-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 EcoBoost Rapid Red
My 2014 Tesla had the ability to turn on the rear view camera while driving. I used it occasionally, and did not consider it dangerous at all.

doccoch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 fastback, 2019 Bullitt
I can put my F150 Lightning in this mode any time I want with 2 button pushes. It's not dangerous (to see and be aware of what is behind you) but needs to be fixed.

728Autos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
Dangerous as hell.
Someone can easily crash watching the rear camera video and not w paying attention to what is happening in front of them.
No one is going to randomly crash because they can see behind them. 🙄
There are cars with live feed rearview cameras.

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
No one is going to randomly crash because they can see behind them. 🙄
There are cars with live feed rearview cameras.
No one, really??

I know plenty of idiot drivers that would be so distracted at the rear view camera screen while driving through a crowd.

S650 Mustang New Feature! Rear View Video 1704751997828

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
It is handy but can be confusing, especially when you inadvertently forget the front cam is in the other car …
Sponsored