• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Digital Rear-view mirror capabilities

Pdaddy1280

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT on order
I've read up on the digital rear-view mirror, but the articles all focus on safely backing up. What I am trying to find out is if you can use the rear view cameras to digitally see the road behind you at all times, or if it is only while backing up? In my wife's Infiniti, we never use the actual mirror reflection to see behind us.
Sponsored

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
I believe there are manufacturers that use a camera and display the output in the rear view mirror. Helpful for seeing through passengers.

OP
OP

Pdaddy1280

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT on order
I believe there are manufacturers that use a camera and display the output in the rear view mirror. Helpful for seeing through passengers.
Exactly. I realize I wasn’t very clear with my question. I’m wondering if the new Mustangs have that capability.

goodlettjr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Exactly. I realize I wasn’t very clear with my question. I’m wondering if the new Mustangs have that capability.
No. The mirror is just a mirror. It is not a digital screen. The back up camera feed goes to the dash screen on the right.

OP
OP

Pdaddy1280

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT on order
No. The mirror is just a mirror. It is not a digital screen. The back up camera feed goes to the dash screen on the right.
Thank you very much! That was my assumption, but was hoping I was wrong.

jimgt2k24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 silver GT 401A, auto, act exh, perf pkg, nite
Camaro has this in the shark fin antenna.

doccoch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 fastback, 2019 Bullitt
I've read up on the digital rear-view mirror, but the articles all focus on safely backing up. What I am trying to find out is if you can use the rear view cameras to digitally see the road behind you at all times, or if it is only while backing up? In my wife's Infiniti, we never use the actual mirror reflection to see behind us.
I love our on our Infinity too. Usually great. Sometimes a glare so you can see both the digital image and the mirror image at same time, but I usually just switch to reflective mirror during those times of sunlight.

I put one on my Bronco and it is AWESOME
Sponsored