• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

How long before Ford Performance will offer a powerkit for the GT for this car?

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
What do you guys think the least expensive mod to just make 500hp out of the GT will be?
I’m still confused why the air box uses the accordion style tube from the factory. Seems to me it would be like driving over train tracks if you compared that to the pathway regarding airflow. Pretty sure it ain’t gonna net 14 however it may be the cheapest (with potential) that will not hamper future mods, etc.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Dave2013M3

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1
I think the Ford performance kits it's going to be a tune and some high flow air filters. It will require 91 octane minimum. I don't think there's going to be any hardcore parts like throttle bodies.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I think the Ford performance kits it's going to be a tune and some high flow air filters. It will require 91 octane minimum. I don't think there's going to be any hardcore parts like throttle bodies.
With TWO 80mm, prob not needed.

OP
OP
Dave2013M3

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
With TWO 80mm, prob not needed.

Agreed, 2 K&N or equivalent and a tune requiring 91 octane could easily net 15rwhp.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Agreed, 2 K&N or equivalent and a tune requiring 91 octane could easily net 15rwhp.
Likely some power to be had with using some smooth bore intake tract pipes/CAIs. Cost vs gain is what worries me about it with the duals.

BlackFerret69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT Premium 5M, Black on Black.
What do you guys think the least expensive mod to just make 500hp out of the GT will be?
Swap out to a Dark Horse PCM. Might not be least expensive, but may be easiest. That is if Ford doesn't limit buying a DH PCM to actual DH owners. Alternatively, and I cringe at the thought, it won't be long before you will probably get one from a wrecked DH, from CoPart.

JAL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Am I the only one who’s stomach gets in a knot about the idea of buying a brand new car and kissing a 5 year/60,000 powertrain warranty goodbye?
I would buy a band new 60k car and wave the warranty for a couple thousand dollars discount if I could. I do not have a single positive warranty story to tell. I would care about warranties if I had a lot of free time and an argumentative personality. The last time a dealer sees me is the day I take possession of my car. I don't want to spend hours discussing, waiting for calls returned, visits to the dealer, inspections etc only to be to shown the fine print that tells me my situation is not covered at the end of a long frustrating process. The quality of the product is my warranty.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
I would buy a band new 60k car and wave the warranty for a couple thousand dollars discount if I could. I do not have a single positive warranty story to tell. I would care about warranties if I had a lot of free time and an argumentative personality. The last time a dealer sees me is the day I take possession of my car. I don't want to spend hours discussing, waiting for calls returned, visits to the dealer, inspections etc only to be to shown the fine print that tells me my situation is not covered at the end of a long frustrating process. The quality of the product is my warranty.
Count yourself lucky.

Warranties have saved me tens of thousands. I’ve also got a track record of picking out notoriously unreliable cars.

Covered four HPFPs and other misc repairs on my E92. Several gearbox issues, HVAC, halfshafts, etc on my GT, and way more than I can write out for my GT350

Reactions: JAL
OP
OP
Dave2013M3

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just an update, talked to Ford Performance there are calibrations coming and in the pipeline. He couldn't go beyond that, such as when they will be released. He said they were waiting for CARB Certification.

To be honest, I am going to wait to buy an S650. When their is a kit released thats when I will make a decision. I want to go with the PowerKit and 4.09 gears right off the bat. The PowerKit with the 4.09 gears was such a game changer for my 2020.

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT/CS, C6 Corvette, 1997 GT Convertable
I see lots of E85 talk. Since you get fewer MPG with 85, what kind of range to you get with the tiny tank these cars have? Thanks!

24 vert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 GT premium convertible PP
Omg… tunes won’t be a problem at all, they already have the gen4 ecu cracked from the F150s

@OppoLock if you datalog these cars and saw how much KR is in these stock tunes you’d realize your engine is more likely to live a longer healthier life on a E85 tune

Put 1-2000 miles on it to make sure there are no build quality anomalies and then let it eat.

Question for you... If the S650 5.0 stock tune has a ton of knock retard built into it, would you be able to safely run E30 or E40 with the stock tune and make more power as that will allow for reduction / elimination of the knock retard? Or is there not enough fueling in the maps to justify that?

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
Question for you... If the S650 5.0 stock tune has a ton of knock retard built into it, would you be able to safely run E30 or E40 with the stock tune and make more power as that will allow for reduction / elimination of the knock retard? Or is there not enough fueling in the maps to justify that?
watch JPC racings video… it picked up on E85 blends up to E30/ E40 i believe all done same day on the dyno.

the stock fueling adjusted for it perfectly, shoot there are a few people running around with turbo kits on 5-6lbs of low boost and the stock tune is handling it fine.

i will be throwing a gallon of M5 on a full tank this spring to see how it acts with some spicy nitro.

Last edited:

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
E85 is 100-105 octane so that isn't an issue. The old problem with e85 was that it attacked aluminum in the fuel system. They probably have eliminated that with the development of flex fuel engines. The remaining problem is the low caloric content of the fuel might require a higher volume of fuel from the injectors and a different tune.
To be honest, I don't understand why the mustang isn't Flex fuel. It's pretty close already and it might get the EPA off their back for a while. Instead they went to e15 which limits you to less than a gallon of e85 during a fill up (assuming there is already some alcohol in your fuel.

OP
OP
Dave2013M3

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just an update, I talked to Levi today at Ford Performance. There should be a calibration released sometime in early to mid June. He said it should support 4.09 gears. I want the calibration just for that, it transformed my 2020 S550 with the MT82D4

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Mustang GT Vert , 2024 Mustang GT Vert
Just an update, I talked to Levi today at Ford Performance. There should be a calibration released sometime in early to mid June. He said it should support 4.09 gears. I want the calibration just for that, it transformed my 2020 S550 with the MT82D4
How did you go about getting the gears installed last time and adjusting the tune for it? Local shop?
Sponsored