• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

How long before Ford Performance will offer a powerkit for the GT for this car?

Smaaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Accord
This is right on the money, they 18-23 kit if it’s fully out. Is a bit of a dog’s breakfast it’s very expensive for the what 20-25hp gain and ford gave up on doing stage kits which is what they should of done for the gen 3 guys because the 15-17 kits are still very popular. Ford performance makes some nice parts/ tunes but they’re not worth the wait or the prices alot of the times just because it’s carb legal doesn’t mean it’s the best lol
What do you guys think the least expensive mod to just make 500hp out of the GT will be?
Sponsored

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
What do you guys think the least expensive mod to just make 500hp out of the GT will be?
hard to say really because it might be a situation where you gotta tune it to get any meaningful gains. Because while sure you could throw some cone filters at it and long tubes. I’d be surprised if you would make 20whp like that on the stock tune, it sounds like they did every little trick to get to this 480hp and 500hp for the dark horse that now requires 91/93 octane. Basically until we see dyno data and a few data logs it’s all conjecture. But my guess it’ll make a tad more than what a typical gen 3 makes with a tune, more akin to the gt350 10-20whp depending on the gas and how well the tuner work with cam timing

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
Yeah I’m thinking slap a set of long tubes on and 500 plus crank is no trouble at all… E85 tune that and we’re talking 500 wheel.

OP
OP
Dave2013M3

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1
You guys are missing the point of the Ford Performance Tune, it will be CARB legal and will back up the factory warranty. I agree for the money, not the best bang for the buck. However, coming out of the BMW/Porsche world its a steal.

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
You guys are missing the point of the Ford Performance Tune, it will be CARB legal and will back up the factory warranty. I agree for the money, not the best bang for the buck. However, coming out of the BMW/Porsche world its a steal.
It depends how good of a tune FRPP makes they had some real stinkers in the past on some of there aftermarket’s tune. Specifically past in the ford racing days. It’ll come down to how much better performance you’ll get and or any special features they’ll add to the car. If it’s some basic tune for 1500 bucks no thanks

Rocketman

Keep it stupid, stupid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PPPPPPP
It depends how good of a tune FRPP makes they had some real stinkers in the past on some of there aftermarket’s tune. Specifically past in the ford racing days. It’ll come down to how much better performance you’ll get and or any special features they’ll add to the car. If it’s some basic tune for 1500 bucks no thanks
The S550 PP3 was about $1500 and came with the GT350 intake manifold. That had some solid gains up top. I currently run the PP2 and it was $600 and very well worth it. The performance gains were good, but the improvement in drivability is really what made it.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
That is why I buy cars from the same dealer for years. I have a mod friendly service dept and manager.

Moss act also provides a layer of protection to an extent. It is on the dealer to to PROVE that your modification CAUSED a failure. It is not a failsafe, but it is there.

I want to say that Livernoise makes the tunes for FP. The FP hand held is obviously a rebranded Livernoise My Calibrator. I could be wrong but.

OP
OP
Dave2013M3

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Once again, CARB approval and warranty.

OP
OP
Dave2013M3

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That’s really there only selling point lol let’s cut the crap
I think we all agree with that. If I could get a tune that supported E85 and kept the warranty and be CARB legal I would be all over it over the Ford Performance. That being said I am very happy with my FP power kit for my 2020 GT.

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
I think we all agree with that. If I could get a tune that supported E85 and kept the warranty and be CARB legal I would be all over it over the Ford Performance. That being said I am very happy with my FP power kit for my 2020 GT.

That’s something i could never figure out why FRPP didn’t use flex fuel in any way for there tunes. It much be an emissions related reason or they don’t want to have warranty related issues from grandpa not being on the car when you run corn which btw you really have to do

OP
OP
Dave2013M3

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That’s something i could never figure out why FRPP didn’t use flex fuel in any way for there tunes. It much be an emissions related reason or they don’t want to have warranty related issues from grandpa not being on the car when you run corn which btw you really have to do

I actually run a E25 fuel with the Ford Performance tune. Yes its not tuned for it, but the car definitely likes the better octane. I run 3.0 gallons of E85 (Cali gets true E85) and I run 2 gallons of VP racing 101. Gets me to about 94.5 octane. The car runs like a raped ape.

S650 Mustang How long before Ford  Performance will offer a powerkit for the GT for  this car? 1688145959398

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
I actually run a E25 fuel with the Ford Performance tune. Yes its not tuned for it, but the car definitely likes the better octane. I run 3.0 gallons of E85 (Cali gets true E85) and I run 2 gallons of VP racing 101. Gets me to about 94.5 octane. The car runs like a raped ape.

1688145959398.png
Running e25 like that really isn’t ideal run e15 “blend” mixed with 93, the car is actually rated for that. And it’s more related to the fact when you run full e85 you can’t baby the car because of oil contamination, it becomes very acidic very quickly, so basically you gotta beat on it or run it up to temp everytime you start the car. So my guess that’s why it’s never been available for the FRPP tunes, both warranty and emissions related

OP
OP
Dave2013M3

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Running e25 like that really isn’t ideal run e15 “blend” mixed with 93, the car is actually rated for that. And it’s more related to the fact when you run full e85 you can’t baby the car because of oil contamination, it becomes very acidic very quickly, so basically you gotta beat on it or run it up to temp everytime you start the car. So my guess that’s why it’s never been available for the FRPP tunes, both warranty and emissions related

The S550 Gen 3 cars can run up to E30 with no issues. Like I say my car runs like a beast now. Ford only recommends not to go beyond E15 as the Federal Govt. along with other states are pushing for that to be the norm.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
It would be tempting to find what the intake and exhaust differences between the gt and dh. I’d be interested in finding out if the dh nostrils and filters are the same or if they will interchange and then I’d probably check into the dh resonator and possibly the mufflers themselves (is the pipe diameter the same? - are the shorty headers the same?). Does the dh intake bolt up? Throttle bodies? Dh intake (air cans and manifold) and exhaust if they bolt up may bring the 14 hp shortage pretty close.
Sponsored