• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
The press is paid to loudly shill for Ford. They don't dare tell the truth.

The unreal engine is 20 years old. But doesn't mean the wrapper software isn't chock full of bugs. The app was brought up because even though a high school dropout could write better code and yet with all it's millions of dollars and large manpower @Ford Motor Company is perfectly proud to ship the worst crap in the industry.

Finally a dash sole task is to provide useful information at a 0.5 second or shorter glance. "pretty" is the antithesis of it's one mission. It is also not there to entertain or give you a chubby over goo-gah.

That Ford thinks this is the way forward quite frankly should be a big insult since apparently you all have vapid minds and child like mental capacity and attention span.

And in keeping with that ethos: my opinion is every bit as valid as yours. You Will hear me and validate my rightness. Or else I'll stamp my feet and post "how dare you" like some autistic child and other such self-involved opprobrium on social media for the purpose of self validation.

Ps. Be sure to Like and Subscribe because unless I say so in my every post, you won't remember to do so, despite having Liked random strangers posts on a daily basis for the last 15 years...
Even though I disagree with a good amount of what you say I always enjoy reading your posts lmao

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Vert w/pony package
See this is how I know you guys are just complaining to complain. You're already counting out the dash that the reviews are literally stating to be phenomenal. Ford went out of their way to use some of the best software we have today (Unreal Engine, etc) and develop a top tier infoitainment system. Yet you're here comparing it to an app lol you can't make this up. I hate to sound like I'm kissing Ford's ass but some of you are literally being insufferable with something you haven't even gotten a chance to experience yet. We had a taste of this with the 12 inch cluster in our S550s and honestly it's an extremely good system. Very little lag, very quick response, and drop dead gorgeous. This seems like a direct continuation of what we have and that alone is a win. I swear I don't understand how we've had such innovation in life with some of you guys' mindsets lol.
"...Very little lag, very quick response, and drop dead gorgeous..." compared to what? Camaro?

Shawn82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang HPP
"...Very little lag, very quick response, and drop dead gorgeous..." compared to what? Camaro?
Compared to a lot of modern day units. You either have never owned one or are a complete fool if you think the 12' cluster in the S550s weren't good. But hey, you have an 07 so I wouldn't expect you to get it lol.

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Compared to a lot of modern day units. You either have never owned one or are a complete fool if you think the 12' cluster in the S550s weren't good. But hey, you have an 07 so I wouldn't expect you to get it lol.
Electronic bells and whistles "don't impress me much". My smartphone apps tell me everything I need to know when driving down the road with my top down. Now if Ford can block spammers on my phone I would be impressed.

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
I'm 57 and I love the new cluster integration in the 2024 mustang!! Its the reason I did not buy another S550. It just looks "old" and I've owned several in S550 clothing since 2015. I actual prefer the dash layout in my 2020 Dodge Charger Scatpack over the S550 even with the digital cluster.

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
I think this is and will be a never ending story. If you like it, buy it. If you don't then don't buy it, but spamming this forum with all the whining, won't make the car look different.

SPOILER: The FL and Gen8 models will have bis ass screens as well if not bigger. I could imagine they even put another screen in front of the passenger side, which a lot of manufacturers do these days.

So in that case say bye bye to the Stang if that is your only decision maker to buy a car.

AllthePonies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2021 Bronco
I really like what they did to the F-150. Large screens that are integrated while retaining physical buttons.

Iā€™m not a fan of the switch to subscription navigation or locking down mods though.

In the end, I like all mustangs and will probably have a S650 one day. However, Iā€™m going to wait and see how this all plays out.

S650 Mustang Hands-on reviews: digital gauge cluster, display screens, SYNC 4 -- which media are calling impressive 1680401340352

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The display software will be changing within 2 years anyway. Since GM is getting rid of Apple Play and Android Auto for a pass-through system created by Google, then Ford will probably follow the trend since they have a joint venture agreement with Google.

Last edited:

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
The display software will be changing within 2 years anyway. Since GM is getting rid of Apple Play and Android Auto for a pass-through system created by Google, then Ford will probably follow the trend since they have a joint venture agreement with Google.
Ford wanted to launch all MY24 cars with the Google software. However, many delays led to the current implementation of Sync4.

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford wanted to launch all MY24 cars with the Google software. However, many delays led to the current implementation of Sync4.
What is the difference between Android Automotive (what Ford wanted to install in MY24) software and Google software?

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I really like what they did to the F-150. Large screens that are integrated while retaining physical buttons.

Iā€™m not a fan of the switch to subscription navigation or locking down mods though.

In the end, I like all mustangs and will probably have a S650 one day. However, Iā€™m going to wait and see how this all plays out.

1680401340352.jpeg
If Ford is going to use display screens, I would like to see plug-and-play modular ones so that when the display technology is updated (4K) the customer can replace them.

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
What is the difference between Android Automotive (what Ford wanted to install in MY24) software and Google software?
None, it's the same I just couldn't remember the exact name so I went with Google software...
We probably have to wait for the facelift in order to get it though. I think it was stated that the F150 should've had Android Automotive last year already but the entire system is delayed so they had to install different hardware that cannot be "retrofitted" with Android Automotive.
Sponsored