• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Grabber_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See Signature
Mustang sales have gone down as a result of multiple factors. We've been waiting for the S650 replacement for like 3 years now. Its just natural for sales to drop as people await the next redesign. It was delayed because of the pandemic, which also caused auto sales to collapse across all manufacturers. On top of that we have inflation putting pressure on new car sales. The infotainment screen design is damn near irrelevant to the topic of sales numbers
He doesn't get it dude...
Sponsored

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
Why are people talking about Sync 3? The new Stang will feature Sync 4.

And I believe if things are really getting laggy, there will be OTA updates to fix it. Just like in any video game :)

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT 2022
BTW, the volume knob is the farthest control away from the driver. On the S550, it's on the left side (nearest the driver).
Don't you have volume on the steering wheel?

Arthonon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Don't you have volume on the steering wheel?
Thinking about it, I wonder if it was a conscious decision to put the volume knob on the right side of the console to make it easier for a passenger to control, since the driver has their own controls on the steering wheel.

papaD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Power Wagon 2016 Challenger 392 shaker
Thinking about it, I wonder if it was a conscious decision to put the volume knob on the right side of the console to make it easier for a passenger to control, since the driver has their own controls on the steering wheel.
Correct!

Only one who gets to play with my knob will be my wife...

dusman59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt
If the sales slump because of the digital displays Ford will have deal offers or lower intrest. That will make it better for me on my 24 gt order. If I want old school knobs I will slide into my 2011.🙂

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Vert w/pony package
The 2024 Porsche Cayenne is bucking the trend toward iPad-like touch screens mounted on the dash.

S650 Mustang Hands-on reviews: digital gauge cluster, display screens, SYNC 4 -- which media are calling impressive 2024 Porsche  Cayenne interior

Shawn82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang HPP
The 2024 Porsche Cayenne is bucking the trend toward iPad-like touch screens mounted on the dash.

2024 Porsche  Cayenne interior.jpg
What these people who think sales will "decline" because of digital screens don't understand is this is literally where the industry is heading. Ford is going with the flow

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
change scares people, this happens every generation with every industry. Ford moving to a digital screen 10 years from now will be seen as literally nothing like how nobody talks these days about Ford moving from live axle to IRS. same shit different day.

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What these people who think sales will "decline" because of digital screens don't understand is this is literally where the industry is heading. Ford is going with the flow
Do you mean with the Toyotas, Hondas, Hyundais, Kias, and Mazdas?

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
change scares people, this happens every generation with every industry. Ford moving to a digital screen 10 years from now will be seen as literally nothing like how nobody talks these days about Ford moving from live axle to IRS. same shit different day.
I said the same thing when Ford switched from the Fox body dash back to the retro binnacle-style dash.

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
I’m honestly shocked at all the hate here. For starters, the last mustang had a digital speedo and tach. This takes that to the next level and seems to allow for even more customization; a good thing.

I seriously wanted to pull the trigger on the 2023 LCI 3 series BMW, the connected displays “wrapping” around the driver seemed miles ahead of other manufacturers just throwing bigger screens on dashboards designed for single/double DIN radios. BMW (and other German brands as pointed out above) have historically been praised for their advancements in tech and new features. That screen came out as a seemingly industry first in 2023. Now a year later, FORD OF ALL COMPANIES, is right on par with the Germans in terms of tech??? I’m personally shocked how quick they were to match the competition and don’t really understand all the hate from everyone.

I personally cannot wait for my infotainment system to be bigger than an iPad Pro, with the graphics to match. Now that it’s also a real time operating system, we don’t have to wait on poorly coded default animations either, and lag/response times should be greatly improved. I personally decided to pull the trigger almost exclusively because of the dash.
Finally, For those That think you need physical buttons in 2023, how’s this forum looking on that touchscreen phone of yours? :giggle:

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
how’s this forum looking on that touchscreen phone of yours? :giggle:
I have these beautiful full-size keyboard that goes clickety-clack and my nipple mouse works a treat and I even have left/right mouse buttons sitting right below my thumbs. Your 'phones' can suck it!

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 years from now, with the help of AI, the electric Ford Mustang will have achieved Level 5 (Full Driving Automation) technology.(certainly not in Europe)
Sponsored