• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
None, it's the same I just couldn't remember the exact name so I went with Google software...
We probably have to wait for the facelift in order to get it though. I think it was stated that the F150 should've had Android Automotive last year already but the entire system is delayed so they had to install different hardware that cannot be "retrofitted" with Android Automotive.
Be careful what you wish for. My brother in law works as a service manager for a Volvo shop. Volvo starting using Android in 2022. Fortunately my wife has a 21'. Not that the old system is great but it is far less buggy than the Android system. Hopefully they get all the bugs out before Ford starts using it.
Sponsored

Adeel3466

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT NP/PP
Ford was listed as a partner when Apple unveiled their new CarPlay version that takes over the entire user interface from speedometers to climate control. I am hoping that still is the case especially with it being entirely digital it would be very nice. No car has been released with it yet but Im hoping when cars are it can be applied retroactively at least to 24 model years.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
Gen 8 interior has been leaked....
naw it'll be this. Infinitely more green and carbon neutral. Just add headphones and room fan. Ford will have to catch up to Mopar on the soundtrack.

S650 Mustang Hands-on reviews: digital gauge cluster, display screens, SYNC 4 -- which media are calling impressive 0b-75b27e1d4426_1.e1e2bc4f5a75fe9d9ef96fa154b83e4c

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe, 2013 Honda CR-V, 2009 Ford Fusion
I'm fine with it (at 51), except for the integration into (here "onto") the dash. Even rounding off the edges would've made it better. As a random example, consider this Cadillac dash on the Lyriq.

1678494591874.png
That looks much better. The Mustang looks like a truck dash in comparison.

Desmodeous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6, 2006 F150
See this is how I know you guys are just complaining to complain. You're already counting out the dash that the reviews are literally stating to be phenomenal. Ford went out of their way to use some of the best software we have today (Unreal Engine, etc) and develop a top tier infoitainment system. Yet you're here comparing it to an app lol you can't make this up. I hate to sound like I'm kissing Ford's ass but some of you are literally being insufferable with something you haven't even gotten a chance to experience yet. We had a taste of this with the 12 inch cluster in our S550s and honestly it's an extremely good system. Very little lag, very quick response, and drop dead gorgeous. This seems like a direct continuation of what we have and that alone is a win. I swear I don't understand how we've had such innovation in life with some of you guys' mindsets lol.
If it sounds like a duck. We have different definitions as to what innovation is and what a car should provide to the driver. Some people can tell the difference between innovation and snake oil based on experience, and others are satisfied be told what to think. If the narrative is questioned be sure to dismiss valid criticism for whatever off the cuff reason you care to grab out of the tailpipe!

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Vert w/pony package
Compared to a lot of modern day units. You either have never owned one or are a complete fool if you think the 12' cluster in the S550s weren't good. But hey, you have an 07 so I wouldn't expect you to get it lol.
Don't assume by my photo, I have driven only it.

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1; AT; M0960
So it seems that everything can be set independently now?

Thinking of steering, engine, dampers, exhaust?
Not according to the recent review out of NYIAS...reviewer said the DH suspension is locked to drive mode. That was a big criticism of the Mach 1 compared to Shelby cars and they didn't fix it on DH.

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mazda MX5 ND2 30th anniversary
Not according to the recent review out of NYIAS...reviewer said the DH suspension is locked to drive mode. That was a big criticism of the Mach 1 compared to Shelby cars and they didn't fix it on DH.
I am trying to find one of the old videos showing the infotainment and in that video it also seemed that the settings could be set totally independent. Could it be that this is possible in the GT only(which does not make sense)?

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
it's a computer screen, they can make it do whatever they want and change it at any time in the future. Maybe the pre-release software config it seemed to have independent but then Marketing decided to cheat the buyer out of options. Who knows. It should be intuitively OBVIOUS the various knobs should be able to be independent.
Sponsored

Last edited: