• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Front inner wheel well issues

OP
OP
TUnica

TUnica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang Fastback, 68 Falcon Sports Coupe
We will be doing a video on the 650 convertible when available - but this our support video for the 650:

Looking forward to it, the 550 model I tried for our 650 convertible last fall was not quite there yet
Sponsored

RLE55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4, 2024 Mustang GT Vert PP NP
Steeda does a good bit of R&D on their products, ran into one of their road racing test drivers in 2009 and he passed on the quality of their products and the testing that goes into them to me. I began using Steeda products from then on. I'm sure they'll get the rails for the convertible worked out.

OP
OP
TUnica

TUnica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Steeda does a good bit of R&D on their products, ran into one of their road racing test drivers in 2009 and he passed on the quality of their products and the testing that goes into them to me. I began using Steeda products from then on. I'm sure they'll get the rails for the convertible worked out.
That’s great to hear

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Steeda Mustang
Update 2: Received call and email from Team Steeda stating the following:
We have NOT had a 2024 convertible in the shop to try these on, so we do not know with all certainty that these will indeed fit. If you look at the description it only lists 2015-2023 because that is all that our mechanics have installed these on.
So....no jacking rails available yet from Steeda for the 2024 mustang convertibles.
Sorry this got dragged out...
Okay, I wanted to provide everyone an update & wanted to request feedback to [email protected]

I spoke to our head of manufacturing & installation team. They have indicated that the S550 Convertible Jacking Rails should be a carry over to the S650 - the only reason they were not is because the longer bolts did not make it into the kit.

We have addressed this issue with several customers that needed the longer bolts.

When these were carried over to the S650, it was done so with a customer that fitted them & confirmed their fitment.

If anyone else has installed these on a convertible & you used the longer bolts - can you please confirm there was no additional modifications that were needed?

Please email me - we appreciate your support.

Best Regards,

TJ

OP
OP
TUnica

TUnica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Okay, I wanted to provide everyone an update & wanted to request feedback to [email protected]

I spoke to our head of manufacturing & installation team. They have indicated that the S550 Convertible Jacking Rails should be a carry over to the S650 - the only reason they were not is because the longer bolts did not make it into the kit.

We have addressed this issue with several customers that needed the longer bolts.

When these were carried over to the S650, it was done so with a customer that fitted them & confirmed their fitment.

If anyone else has installed these on a convertible & you used the longer bolts - can you please confirm there was no additional modifications that were needed?

Please email me - we appreciate your support.

Best Regards,

TJ
I fitted the rails last October ( I had longer bolts of my own) There was a number of issues and sent them back.

I would prefer to speak to someone vs email - message me with a contact if you want.

Thanks

BobU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Just covered the holes today with Gorrila Black Water Proof tape and did a 400km ride. The tape is holding up well.
It's a shame to have to do this type of repair on a brand new $80K(CND) car.

I have reported the issue with the dealer and opened a case number with Ford. This issue has come up on multiple forums since late last September. It doesn't look like there is any fix coming soon.

I feel bad for the owners who have driven over the winter with the Inner fender holes open.

Reactions: mks
OP
OP
TUnica

TUnica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just covered the holes today with Gorrila Black Water Proof tape and did a 400km ride. The tape is holding up well.

I have reported the issue with the dealer and opened a case number with Ford. This issue has come up on multiple forums since late last September. It doesn't look like there is any fix coming soon.

I feel bad for the owners who have driven over the winter with the Inner fender holes open.
The case # is a scam in my opinion, I started this back in September and was hopefull at the time but since have been grounded with the reality that the process of filling a case is just a pacifier that Ford provides but basically it’s a dead end. So yes, fix it with whatever makes sense to you.

Hein markets a fix for this, here is the link to his video

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT

Diyvan.com has a good custom fix for the problem.

KABStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang GT convertible, 2024 Mustang GT conv.
Diyvan.com has a good custom fix for the problem.
The Diyvan fix looks good. They would not ship to Canada, so I had it shipped to my drop mailbox in Maine, 5 hours away. Will be picking it up next week, taking the Gorilla tape off, and installing it.

BobU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks DCS and TUnica for the info on Hein's fix. I will keep that in mind while I wait patiently for Ford to step up.

I can see what is probably the reason for the delay in them putting out a fleet wide fix. If you look at the cost per car (my estimate is $1,500+ for parts, installation, and administration) and multiply that the number by total of the S650 that have been built you can see that this going to have some serious impact on the Ford Mustang's profit margins.

But, at the end of the day they will have to come up with a fix.

BYBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT
The case # is a scam in my opinion, I started this back in September and was hopefull at the time but since have been grounded with the reality that the process of filling a case is just a pacifier that Ford provides but basically it’s a dead end. So yes, fix it with whatever makes sense to you.

Hein markets a fix for this, here is the link to his video
Not necessarily true. I took a Toyota in for some wind noise while it was still under warranty. Several years later they acknowledged the issue and had a fix. Even though my truck was out of warranty, because I had record of it while it was, they repaired it for free. My Mustang had the same documentation done.

BobU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Aramis76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
The Diyvan fix looks good. They would not ship to Canada, so I had it shipped to my drop mailbox in Maine, 5 hours away. Will be picking it up next week, taking the Gorilla tape off, and installing it.
Should have contacted him, he directed me to his ebay store where shipping to Canada is offered...

Eurasianman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Not necessarily true. I took a Toyota in for some wind noise while it was still under warranty. Several years later they acknowledged the issue and had a fix. Even though my truck was out of warranty, because I had record of it while it was, they repaired it for free. My Mustang had the same documentation done.
I can attest to this. My F-150 had the cam phaser rattle. I had it documented right before my warranty expired, since the service department and parts were backed up by 3-6 months. Had the cam phasers fixed a few months after my warranty expired and since the dealership had it on record prior to the expiration date/mileage, it was covered. When/if you do this, be sure to ask your service advisor for a printout from their system, showing that it has been documented for your vehicle. The printout should be your typical service department service report (i.e. your name, address, year, make, model, mileage). If you don't get something like this, then yea, you won't have much backing to support your claim later on.
Sponsored