• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Ford Motor Company: On Your Left!

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Hello! Greetings to all Ford Mustang enthusiasts!

Ford Motor Company here. We're thrilled to be joining the conversation. We will be monitoring our inbox and assisting you with any needs regarding your Ford Mustang. Don't hesitate to reach out to us via private message. We look forward to joining you on this forum!

-Ford Motor Company Social Media Team
Sponsored

papaD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Power Wagon 2016 Challenger 392 shaker
:like:

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer ST, 2001 Avalon
@Ford Motor Company The Mustang checks so many boxes for so many people. Such a versatile platform. Thank you for keeping it alive (and with a V8).

One constructive criticism: with the F150 being all-aluminum, I really hoped the new Mustang would receive the same attention but the S650 is still the same nearly 4,000 lb pig of a sports car. I was rather disappointed to learn it didn't go on a diet.

PS - I cut holes in one of your products...hope that's ok. 😆

S650 Mustang Ford Motor Company: On Your Left! 1679087689302

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Can't wait to welcome my 3rd Mustang and my first born son this summer! Hopefully the mustang comes first 😂

CoBrArOx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Genesis GV80 Prestige

Ford Motor Company here. We're thrilled to be joining the conversation. We will be monitoring our inbox and assisting you with any needs regarding your Ford Mustang. Don't hesitate to reach out to us via private message. We look forward to joining you on this forum!

How are you combating ADM'S ?

Dig-It

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500KR (0758), GT500 (N2617)
Congrats either way!

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT

Fantastic. Now that you are here, please do explain why my brand new MACH 1 has the same BBQ/Coyote tick that has been plaguing GEN3 motors since 2018.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Fantastic. Now that you are here, please do explain why my brand new MACH 1 has the same BBQ/Coyote tick that has been plaguing GEN3 motors since 2018.
Because your Mach 1 also has said Gen 3 Coyote. FYI that all gens of the coyote tick, Ford has already said it’s a normal operating characteristic of the motor.

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Because your Mach 1 also has said Gen 3 Coyote. FYI that all gens of the coyote tick, Ford has already said it’s a normal operating characteristic of the motor.
Yup, I was just hoping they would reply and say as much. My 2017 did not do this

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Yup, I was just hoping they would reply and say as much. My 2017 did not do this
Seems to be hit and miss, some tick and some don’t. Honestly, I think the addition of DI to the Gen3 is what most people hear (some I’m sure do have a different tick). Did my first oil change about a month or so ago and have yet to hear a tick but I do hear the DI pump kick in if I listen hard enough.

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Seems to be hit and miss, some tick and some don’t. Honestly, I think the addition of DI to the Gen3 is what most people hear (some I’m sure do have a different tick). Did my first oil change about a month or so ago and have yet to hear a tick but I do hear the DI pump kick in if I listen hard enough.
This noise is coming from the bottom of the motor, and is sort of random. I can also feel it in the shift knob when Im sitting at a stop in neutral. The DI tick is consistent with RPM, whereas the noise Im hearing is not, and goes away as soon as I rev the motor past about 1k

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Im wondering if it isn't to do with the twin disc clutch.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
This noise is coming from the bottom of the motor, and is sort of random. I can also feel it in the shift knob when Im sitting at a stop in neutral. The DI tick is consistent with RPM, whereas the noise Im hearing is not, and goes away as soon as I rev the motor past about 1k
Interesting that you can feel it in the shift knob. I’ve not heard that before. I have an auto (which came 1.5 quarts low on trans fluid from the factory as an FYI @Ford Motor Company and there’s lots of others over on 6G with the same issue). Sounds like maybe there’s an issue with the trans if you’re feeling the tick in the shifter?
Sponsored