• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

For those that have their cars, are there any infotainment glitches or issues?

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I'm currently driving a rental Ford Edge for work, and the infotainment has been littered with so many glitches that it's frustrating. The bluetooth is so bad that probably 80% of phone calls are messed up--and that's not an exaggeration. Some of the time the connection is complete static, and sometimes there is just absolutely no sound from the caller. It's ridiculous. I've never had so many issues with bluetooth in any other car I've ever driven. Another guy at work has a rental Edge as well and has the same issues with bluetooth. Additionally, sometimes the infotainment doesn't display the correct information on the screen, either. I could be listening to music from a USB drive, but the track list won't show. I've had to reset the infotainment from other random issues as well.

This isn't infotainment related, but the forward collision warning is also total garbage. It only goes off when I'm crawling in stop and go traffic at 3 mph. The Edge also has the climate controls on the screen (which is asinine since there's still buttons for other stuff right below), which I'm quickly learning to despise as well. I hate the Ford decided to put the climate on the touch screen...

With that being said, my experience in the Edge has put a bit of a damper on my desire to get a 24 Mustang due to the increased use of the infotainment screens and the potential for so many small but annoying issues. For those that have their cars, what has your experience been like? I don't know how much (if any) of the infotainment and electronics are shared between the Edge and the Mustang, so I'm curious to get real world perspectives from those that actually have their cars.
Sponsored

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
from my experience with the system, menus can take some time to learn where they are but are never really an issue. for some reason my ambient lighting doesnt turn on at night, kind of annoying but the only reason i noticed was i got bored at a traffic light. Otherwise the only "glitch" is that my phone drops connection to the cars wifi whenever i enter a big city, BT still works though so nbd.

Forward collision for me works a little too well, i drive through checkpoint areas every day and when im leaving on the exit side the warning will start blaring due to the road curving around the checkpoint and the system reading the traffic on the controlled side, otherwise it works fine and is a great reminder to maintain proper following distance.

AC/Heat YMMV for me its super easy because im a simple man, when cold -> hot, when hot -> cold and the system has auto AC for that so itll always target 70 and change from AC to heat as it goes.

tl;dr yeah, works fine for me.

Iceman28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang Dark Horse
The info screen went black on start up and after about 30 - 45 seconds it came on, but the touch screen was frozen on default settings. This happened twice and I then put the smart charger on the battery because it sat for 2 1/2 months in lots (thanks Ford) before being delivered. After 24 hrs the charger hadn't shifted to storage. Took it to the dealer for a bad battery and thank god the screen went black for the tech. They replaced the battery and the screen worked for about 2 weeks before it was black again. The dealer took the car for a day for trouble shooting. The tech had contacted Ford Engineering after he seen the screen was black. Ford lead the trouble shooting and couldn't find anything wrong. They told the dealer to give the car back to me and said they know it will probably fail again. The screen has worked flawlessly since then. The dealer service rep called me 2 days ago to tell me Ford had replicated the problem in their software lab and are working on a software patch. The instrument screen has worked flawlessly this entire time. To reset the the electronics you have to use the info system touch screen. How do you do that if the screen is black Ford?

Fercavanha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT S650
Sometimes when I press Home button and a music is playing on apple car play it do a weird noise and back to normal, not all the times but yeah.

Lastoutlaw_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia stinger and hyundai tucson hybrid
Sometimes when I press Home button and a music is playing on apple car play it do a weird noise and back to normal, not all the times but yeah.
I get that too when I'm on Bluetooth. It makes a glitching noise and then starts back playing. That is my only issue so far.

JoesProGTO

Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Pro Street 74 GTO, 2024 Mustang GT Premium Coupe
So far, after 3 months, the only issue has been slowness (at times) for the infotainment to boot up and once it didnā€™t boot up (remained off). You can reboot the infotainment touch screen by simultaneously holding down both the right-arrow and down-volume buttons, on the extreme right of the steering wheel, for about 10 seconds. (Equivalent of turning your phone off and restarting it).

The Dark D

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
From what I have had so far is whenever im using carplay with an iphone 15 plus whenever i press something either on the screen or the steering wheel sometimes my audio will bug out but only for a brief second and its not always its just once and while.

TrillLarry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 ecoboost premium
Only issues I've encountered in a month of ownership is, android auto via Bluetooth random disconnects even tho the phone is still connected the android auto (media/maps/apps) isn't.

The other is very minor. The driver setting with key fob supposedly saves display and lighting choice but sometimes it doesn't go to those saved settings and just goes to whatever the car was using last. So if you change something mid ride. And shutoff and restart car and want your saved settings it won't switch to it

sarahestelle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
Iā€™ve had my GT since the end of September. A few issuesā€¦Sometimes the screen takes a long time thinking about whether itā€™s going to connect or not, sometimes it connects almost immediately. Then my Android connects, but Waze stays black. I turn off the car car and start over, and it clears up. Lately, I spontaneously lose my phone, music, Waze with a lost network connection message. I never use a usb connection. i havenā€™t had any problems with phone calls, but pretty regularly, the music cuts out for a few seconds, then comes back Like a glitch maybe or hiccup. Thatā€™s annoying, and I donā€™t know whatā€™s up. Fairly often, the seat memory wonā€™t move the seat when I get in the car, so I have to adjust the seat. Works fine when I turn off the car and usually the next time I get in again. Iā€™ve lost the rear camera lines a couple of times, and I totally depend on them. I just do the turn off the car/back on thing again. (Please donā€™t ever ask me to back a trailer!) I was having a problem with the car pulling to the left when I was turning right, but found out itā€™s part of the lane keeping feature. Who the hell thought it would be a good idea to keep you from turning? Hope this list helps yā€™all. Iā€™ll be interested to know if Iā€™m the only one with some of these issues.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
was having a problem with the car pulling to the left when I was turning right, but found out itā€™s part of the lane keeping feature.
not to sidetrack: but yeah gotta keep an eye on nannie. Had a model from another manufacture that would want to dart off into another direction every time I crossed a specific intersection.

sarahestelle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
not to sidetrack: but yeah gotta keep an eye on nannie. Had a model from another manufacture that would want to dart off into another direction every time I crossed a specific intersection.
Okay, thank you. I donā€™t know what nannie is. Is that speed? Thatā€™s another thing that baffles me. I must have hit buttons, but I couldnā€™t go over the speed limit all of a sudden. I canā€™t drive 30! Lol

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
Okay, thank you. I donā€™t know what nannie is. Is that speed? Thatā€™s another thing that baffles me. I must have hit buttons, but I couldnā€™t go over the speed limit all of a sudden. I canā€™t drive 30! Lol
nannies aka driver assist features

the speed limiter is on the bottom left button on the left side, it works alongside the cars cameras to adjust on the fly so you dont go above the speed limit. really useful feature for places where cops love to hang out, or military bases where MPs like to pull over for going 1/10th of a mile an hour over the limit.

Reactions: Zig

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
^ that in itself is ā€˜nannieā€™. Nannie is that invisible force that the ā€˜theyā€™ of ā€˜themā€™ have determined is required to ensure you do what has been determined to be in ā€˜their determinationā€™ best interest. The lane keep assist is one example of Nannie. There are others as well. For the most part sheā€™s gotten better than when she first made her presence known (not nearly as intrusive on the torque management side - but thatā€™s a whole different can of worms) but those the little drivers assists and added features are what make up Nannie. Deep deep rabbit hole would say abs is as well but we wonā€™t just to keep sanity.

sarahestelle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
^ that in itself is ā€˜nannieā€™. Nannie is that invisible force that the ā€˜theyā€™ of ā€˜themā€™ have determined is required to ensure you do what has been determined to be in ā€˜their determinationā€™ best interest. The lane keep assist is one example of Nannie. There are others as well. For the most part sheā€™s gotten better than when she first made her presence known (not nearly as intrusive on the torque management side - but thatā€™s a whole different can of worms) but those the little drivers assists and added features are what make up Nannie. Deep deep rabbit hole would say abs is as well but we wonā€™t just to keep sanity.
Oh. That sounds wrong for them to do. Iā€™ve turned off everything that Iā€™ve found/know of. Can you let me know what all can be turned off?

sarahestelle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
nannies aka driver assist features

the speed limiter is on the bottom left button on the left side, it works alongside the cars cameras to adjust on the fly so you dont go above the speed limit. really useful feature for places where cops love to hang out, or military bases where MPs like to pull over for going 1/10th of a mile an hour over the limit.
Thank you for your help. Iā€™ll keep that in mind.
Sponsored