• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Dealer forced Accessory Add-On's

jamespmoran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150, 2020 Explorer ST, 2004 Thunderbird
Hi Guys,

I'm kind of in a predicament, I ordered a Grabber Blue GT NP PP back in July and my build date is in October However my dealership received a couple of GTs this week so I decided to take a sneak peak at one and was able to drive one. (very nice in person, felt very smooth to drive) However, the point of this thread like the title implies was the non-negotiable add-on that I was not aware of when I ordered mine. I did get MSRP and price protection on my order but now the dealer let me know there are 6k add-ons to be added to the total price. I asked if maybe we could remove some since I would be having my own installed in the near future (e.g. Paint protection, tint, etc.) but was told no, "As soon as the car arrives these accessories are installed." BTW 2k for a digital plate?? I wanted to get some feedback from the guys on this and if maybe I should skip buying from this dealer and look elsewhere. My car has a MSRP of around 63k but with add-ons and taxes, the car is closer to 73-74k. Although it would suck to have to wait even longer I do not wanna get screwed over. Any help is appreciated.
Walk away. There are enough on lots now.
Sponsored

MGHTYDX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BMW i4 M50; 2024 Mustang GT Premium
Hi Guys,

I'm kind of in a predicament, I ordered a Grabber Blue GT NP PP back in July and my build date is in October However my dealership received a couple of GTs this week so I decided to take a sneak peak at one and was able to drive one. (very nice in person, felt very smooth to drive) However, the point of this thread like the title implies was the non-negotiable add-on that I was not aware of when I ordered mine. I did get MSRP and price protection on my order but now the dealer let me know there are 6k add-ons to be added to the total price. I asked if maybe we could remove some since I would be having my own installed in the near future (e.g. Paint protection, tint, etc.) but was told no, "As soon as the car arrives these accessories are installed." BTW 1.5k for a digital plate?? I wanted to get some feedback from the guys on this and if maybe I should skip buying from this dealer and look elsewhere. My car has a MSRP of around 63k but with add-ons and taxes, the car is closer to 73-74k. Although it would suck to have to wait even longer I do not wanna get screwed over. Any help is appreciated.

Edit: sorry for the bad quality, not in town so asked my partner to take a picture. On the right side after the initial price you can see the listed add-ons(which btw he did not say anything till after I noticed) what do you guys think?

IMG_0968.jpeg

[/Q
Hi Guys,

I'm kind of in a predicament, I ordered a Grabber Blue GT NP PP back in July and my build date is in October However my dealership received a couple of GTs this week so I decided to take a sneak peak at one and was able to drive one. (very nice in person, felt very smooth to drive) However, the point of this thread like the title implies was the non-negotiable add-on that I was not aware of when I ordered mine. I did get MSRP and price protection on my order but now the dealer let me know there are 6k add-ons to be added to the total price. I asked if maybe we could remove some since I would be having my own installed in the near future (e.g. Paint protection, tint, etc.) but was told no, "As soon as the car arrives these accessories are installed." BTW 1.5k for a digital plate?? I wanted to get some feedback from the guys on this and if maybe I should skip buying from this dealer and look elsewhere. My car has a MSRP of around 63k but with add-ons and taxes, the car is closer to 73-74k. Although it would suck to have to wait even longer I do not wanna get screwed over. Any help is appreciated.

Edit: sorry for the bad quality, not in town so asked my partner to take a picture. On the right side after the initial price you can see the listed add-ons(which btw he did not say anything till after I noticed) what do you guys think?

IMG_0968.jpeg

MGHTYDX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They want to add on a maintenance plan, GAP coverage and a service contract ON TOP of the add-ons? And they want 9.9% to finance? If it were me, no matter how badly I wanted the car, I'd run away very fast unless they deleted everything AND arranged for a finance rate in line with the credit union rates.

RJV15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
Holy shit dude!
They want you to pay close to 100k after financing for that car!
Get the hell out of there, tell them to delete your info and give you your money back.

OP
OP

AroDomi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Dodge Challenger RT, 2024 Mustang GT
Yeah..... I had no idea what those extras were and what they meant 😅

RJV15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
If youre in LA, go talk to Galpin Ford.
I wasn't able to get a deal done with them but they are overall a good dealership that wont pull this type of crap.

Edit: also, try to get a loan with a credit union before heading to the dealership. 9.99% is THEFT even in this current landscape.

MGHTYDX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you want to take a nice day trip, head up the 5 to Morgan Hill (just south of San Jose) and visit The Ford Store Morgan Hill. They advertise that they never mark-up.

Zach@Granger

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Mustang
I can understand a few hundred dollars in bullshit add ons (I personally would never order from a dealer who even added $5 over MSRP) but $6k hahahahah what a joke.
A full satin wrap PPf is about $4k, a 5 year custom plate in Texas is $500, and full top of line ceramic tint is another $1000. So unless you're getting anywhere near any of that (you aren't) tell them to F off and go order somewhere else. I recommend @Zach@Granger
Appreciate the mention

2024S650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 S550
Hi Guys,

IMG_0968.jpeg
You should respond to these guys on Youtube. They would probably love to see this and make a show about it…

GreenBarkingFrog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Honda S2000
Hi Guys,

IMG_0968.jpeg
You are 6 grand shy of what I am paying for a fully loaded dark horse with a 10k mark up

akfinfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang Dark Horse - 17' Charger - 17' Ram 1500