• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Dealer info on OKTB

JohnP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Convertible
We are all damn excited and want to receive our new cars ASAP....meaning now! But I personally think the following will continue to play out.

1) Ford Marketing wants to get HUGE mileage out of this new edition roll out. They have something that Camaro doesn't. They are going for the slow drip marketing campaign and that schedule will dictate everything. That just now seems to be wrapping up this week. So, nothing was happening before this week for sure.

2) They still have a decent 2023 Mustang inventory in dealers' lots. If they push thousands of 2024's into those lots the remaining 2023's will sell much more slowly. That $$ loss has to be playing into this somehow. Reports of 2024 delays help the 2023 to sell.

3) This is a new body style with some major technology differences. Many more QC issues to work through. I'm sure that has some legit impact on the early build schedules. They may also have a few specialty specs that are impacted by 'supply chain' realities. Thinking the talk about the NP package may have some validity.

4) They will milk the roll out of DH. Order one of those and I think you should expect to see it arrive in 2024...maybe spring.

5) I don't fully understand how 'dealer allocations' truly impact those who custom order. If we custom order from a particular dealer, does that play into anything really? If so, that could be a Wild Card that kills many of us. Because who really knows the truth behind dealer allocations?

6) I currently believe the existing inventory built up at factories will start rolling out in August (Ecoboost and GT). They will likely begin making their way to dealers by mid-late August....maybe even after Labor Day.

7) I have had to order TWO new Mustangs because of a dealer's processing error. Th first was ordered 5/17 - went into production 7/19 and still doesn't show as being Built. I suspect that one won't arrive to the dealer until 9/15. That's a 4 month process start to finish. I ordered the second on 7/14 and it's supposed to go to production 9/14. So, I'm thinking 11/15 at the dealership. 4 months isn't that bad when you consider everything involved in this new model roll out.
Sponsored

JAM486HP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
I have zero doubt those we've seen built, will start landing at dealers this month. Considering, they just finished the review embargo BS, marketing, the logistics of shipping and it is still "summer"

If there was some mass QC issue or something, it would have been leaked by now.

I have no choice but to be patient, Nite Pony and not scheduled yet, c'mon spring '24

Congrats to all you early birds, can't wait to see pics and vids from y'all