• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Clarification on dealer VVR "start" and "end" dates.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Ecoboost Premium, 2012 Volvo S60 T6
Hello,

TLDR is in bold.

I recently got an update on my mustang ecoboost. With the strike stuff all up in the air I decided to look into the status a little closer. It was ordered March 12th. As per the tracker, it shows "In Production" since July 11th.

So I contacted the dealer and they stated that it actually shows as "produced" under the secondary column. Great! Its done and awaiting shipment. The one thing I don't really understand is what the "Start Date" and "End Date" under ETA means. Its currently between the 22nd and 28th of this month. Is that when I can expect the dealer to get it in hand? Or is that when I can expect it to move on to the shipping stage and then its updated with another date for delivery? Im only 3hr and 15 min away. Wish I could just go get it lol

Sorry if this has been answered. I read over some of the other threads and didn't come across it.
Sponsored

GreenBarkingFrog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Honda S2000
Hello,

TLDR is in bold.

I recently got an update on my mustang ecoboost. With the strike stuff all up in the air I decided to look into the status a little closer. It was ordered March 12th. As per the tracker, it shows "In Production" since July 11th.

So I contacted the dealer and they stated that it actually shows as "produced" under the secondary column. Great! Its done and awaiting shipment. The one thing I don't really understand is what the "Start Date" and "End Date" under ETA means. Its currently between the 22nd and 28th of this month. Is that when I can expect the dealer to get it in hand? Or is that when I can expect it to move on to the shipping stage and then its updated with another date for delivery? Im only 3hr and 15 min away. Wish I could just go get it lol

Sorry if this has been answered. I read over some of the other threads and didn't come across it.
I am in kinda the same boat. Car has been produced since the 28th of august. Only 4 hours away from the plant with an ETA of the 22-28. My dealer speculates since they have one other mustang that was dealer ordered for the same time they are waiting till the other is done so they can ship both at the same time. But who knows

DaddyTigggs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang EcoBoost Conv.
First, don't bother with the customer portal. It is a complete joke. Always just call your dealer or contact Ford Support chat. They can see the same updates.

As for ETA, that is SUPPOSED to be ETA to the dealer. That being said, it's a completely bogus date until the transportation company gets a hold of the car. I found Ford's ETA dates were crap, getting pushed every week. Once CSX, the transport company was spot on. They put my car on the train about 2 weeks ago, and set the ETA to 9/12 - 9/18. Needless to say, it came in yesterday, and I'm getting ready to run up to the dealer and pick her up this afternoon.

I know it's hard, I've been waiting just short of 6 months, but stay patient and it will come.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for letting me know! I just wanted to know if that was the intention of those numbers. I'd be a liar if I didn't hope it still arrived by then. My dealer has been saying end of Sept, early Oct. Its gonna suck when I know its arrived and I have to wait for it to be detailed. Plus, I made a small request that will use about an hour of the service depts time which I am sure will delay it yet another day or two lol.

Thanks again though! Much appreciated.

edit - Also want to add that ford support chat was useless to me. When I contacted them they just referenced the tracker. They even stated it was not produced yet. Thats when I contacted the sales guy and he sent me a screenshot of the VVR. Maybe its because I am in Canada? Also, my window sticker no longer shows. I've read this means its POSSIBLY moving to the next stage. Seems to be a commonality. I have a saved copy so I am not worried in that regard.

Last edited:

GreenBarkingFrog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Honda S2000
Thanks for letting me know! I just wanted to know if that was the intention of those numbers. I'd be a liar if I didn't hope it still arrived by then. My dealer has been saying end of Sept, early Oct. Its gonna suck when I know its arrived and I have to wait for it to be detailed. Plus, I made a small request that will use about an hour of the service depts time which I am sure will delay it yet another day or two lol.

Thanks again though! Much appreciated.

edit - Also want to add that ford support chat was useless to me. When I contacted them they just referenced the tracker. They even stated it was not produced yet. Thats when I contacted the sales guy and he sent me a screenshot of the VVR. Maybe its because I am in Canada? Also, my window sticker no longer shows. I've read this means its POSSIBLY moving to the next stage. Seems to be a commonality. I have a saved copy so I am not worried in that regard.
I just checked too and my window sticker is not there. Maybe just an issue with the site maybe. But if you just go here instead with your VIN at the end it should show https://www.windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?vin=

The one in the tracker broke for me

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yep, that link worked for me too! Damn tracker site is so unreliable.

GreenBarkingFrog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Honda S2000
Yep, that link worked for me too! Damn tracker site is so unreliable.
Trust me I know. They are just telling me my car has not been released for shipping and yet I have seen peoples cars that are produced and shipped like two days later. Or Cars made after mine getting shipped is disheartening. I was hoping for a couple months of good weather to enjoy it but not any more. Well was just told by ford chat it was more than likely going to be pushed back........

Last edited:
OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Im really sorry to hear that it may be pushed back. And yeah, it is weird to see people who ordered later get it sooner. I've read a post explaining why this happens. And even then, it still doesn't make me feel better. Its to do with grouping like you mentioned, but a little more complicated than that sometimes.

I was hoping for good weather too. But it is what it is. I guess Ill enjoy some darker night drives lol.

One of the pieces of good news for my own delivery is its coming by convoy. I trust that will arrive quicker than rail. Its odd, dealer says its coming by rail. But the sticker shows otherwise. I feel they are just under promising which is for the best.
Sponsored