• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Delivery dates?

goodlettjr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
So, would that make them 2023 1/2ā€™s?
Pulled from a google search as I couldn't remember the wording and terms.

According to the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration (NHTSA), the term ā€œmodel yearā€ is defined as ā€œthe year used to designate a discrete vehicle model, irrespective of the calendar year in which the vehicle was actually produced, so long as the actual period is less than two calendar years.ā€ NHTSA is the U.S. government department responsible for assigning Vehicle Identification Numbers (VINs), which include alphanumeric codes revealing a carā€™s model year, among myriad other characteristics.

DTOWN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MUSTANG
So basically what I understood from this thread is that it will take 2 to 3 weeks from "In production" to "produced" and then it will take another 2 to 3 weeks from "produced" to "Delivery". That's what we have for now.

Adeel3466

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT NP/PP
So basically what I understood from this thread is that it will take 2 to 3 weeks from "In production" to "produced" and then it will take another 2 to 3 weeks from "produced" to "Delivery". That's what we have for now.
Iā€™d say about 2 weeks for in production to built but thatā€™s from actual production from the blend date itā€™s about a week to being produced. Delivery is the hard one to figure out because itā€™ll depend on what fords system is the car could be built and shipped the same day if all the stars align. The actual delivery doesnā€™t seem to be that long once shipped maybe a week if the ETAs given are accurate but that means our cars were sitting at the plant for about a week as well.

For my build it went in production about a week before the blend date 6/13 and was finished on 6/19 dealer said now it is released and is just waiting to be put on a truck with an ETA of 6/24-6/30 from Ford and I havenā€™t seen anything yet to believe that their date isnā€™t accurate at least for my build. My guess is that the first batch of cars will be shipped out either 6/21 or 6/22 which would align with the ETAs that other people have been getting and how far they are from the plant

OP
OP
Stangerous

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium, 2020 Mustang GT Premium c
Iā€™d say about 2 weeks for in production to built but thatā€™s from actual production from the blend date itā€™s about a week to being produced. Delivery is the hard one to figure out because itā€™ll depend on what fords system is the car could be built and shipped the same day if all the stars align. The actual delivery doesnā€™t seem to be that long once shipped maybe a week if the ETAs given are accurate but that means our cars were sitting at the plant for about a week as well.

For my build it went in production about a week before the blend date 6/13 and was finished on 6/19 dealer said now it is released and is just waiting to be put on a truck with an ETA of 6/24-6/30 from Ford and I havenā€™t seen anything yet to believe that their date isnā€™t accurate at least for my build. My guess is that the first batch of cars will be shipped out either 6/21 or 6/22 which would align with the ETAs that other people have been getting and how far they are from the plant
Wish I shared your optimism. Itā€™ll be nice to start seeing posts about people getting them on their projected dates. When that happens Iā€™ll have hope. But, all in all, it is still early

Adeel3466

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT NP/PP
Wish I shared your optimism. Itā€™ll be nice to start seeing posts about people getting them on their projected dates. When that happens Iā€™ll have hope. But, all in all, it is still early
Itā€™s my first car purchase so I havenā€™t gotten the chance to be burned yet like I bet a lot of you have but will keep you all up to date as much as I can and hopefully I am right but trying not get my hopes up too much

OP
OP
Stangerous

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium, 2020 Mustang GT Premium c
Itā€™s my first car purchase so I havenā€™t gotten the chance to be burned yet like I bet a lot of you have but will keep you all up to date as much as I can and hopefully I am right but trying not get my hopes up too much
Congratulations my friend!

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
I checked it out today. I placed a dark horse order on 3/29.
Email from Ford on 5/1 with VIN and production date of 6/26.
I clicked on the status link today and the production date has been moved to 7/25
It's not really a big deal for me if the car is a bit delayed as my car is perfectly functional and still fun to drive. The last 5 digits of my VIN are 00680 should you wonder where your car is in relation to mine. Besides that, when it does show up I need to write a big check and that might hurt a little bit. :frown:

NS90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GFY
No reason to doubt the ETAs weā€™ve received yet but it does seem like the OKTB is taking place later than anticipated. Iā€™m expecting a slight 2 week delay on the June 27th - July 3rd time frame I was given.

LexAddict

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
FWIW my Dark Horse build date is now 7/20 (dealer showed me the actual screen, so I suppose as legit as possible). It was mid June before FWIW.

Does anyone know how long it generally takes from build date (7/20) to the dealer?

Adeel3466

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT NP/PP
No reason to doubt the ETAs weā€™ve received yet but it does seem like the OKTB is taking place later than anticipated. Iā€™m expecting a slight 2 week delay on the June 27th - July 3rd time frame I was given.
When was the last time you checked your ETA? Mine has already been pushed back by about 4 days

NS90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GFY
When was the last time you checked your ETA? Mine has already been pushed back by about 4 days
I checked last week and it shifted by a day. I do plan on checking in again by the 27th- Iā€™m hoping this will provide better insight since this is when the ā€˜qualityā€™ issues should be resolved.

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
I wouldnā€™t worry about strikes, the plants are stuffed with new hires who canā€™t afford to pass up 10K signing bonuses.. sad but understandable.

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I wouldnā€™t worry about strikes, the plants are stuffed with new hires who canā€™t afford to pass up 10K signing bonuses.. sad but understandable.
See the 2019 GM strike. They're not going to cross the picket line...
Sponsored