• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Dealer Add ons

Ng1nyr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Ecoboost
So this is my first time custom ordering a car and I’ve been waiting for my order to say anything but “in production” for the past month and nothing seems to change. However, I checked m dealer’s website and they seem to have it “in stock”. Reading in the description they say there’s gonna be added packages like Paint protection, tint, etc .. basically totaling $4k.
Is this a normal thing? Are these optional or compulsory? Are these even worth it in your opinion?
my build is a GT premium+401a+AVE+NPP

EDIT :
Just checked with the dealer. Seems they don’t actually have it and according to them my build date is in August. Looks like I should expect the car to be here in mid September. For reference, I placed my order on the first day 3/27. And it was in production week of 6/08.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Adeel3466

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT NP/PP
Not that normal but some dealers do it but it’s a bad practice they are just trying to scam you for more money and they definitely do not have it in stock no cars have been delivered to dealers yet so they are lying. Tint and PPF are only worth it if it’s soothing you were planning on doing in the first place and it’s from a reputable place. I’m sure the dealer is using the cheapest stuff to increase profits, I would recommend looking elsewhere this dealer is sketchy at best

RJV15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
Your dealership shouldn't even be listing your car for sale if you have a deposit down.
The fact that they already decided to include 4K of add-ons before they even got it is not a good sign of things to come.

You need to contact your dealership and have them explain their actions. Last thing you want is the dealership forcing those add-ons, or even selling the car to someone else who is willing to pay for the add-ons.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
They are absolute thieves.

Always love the usual low cost, super profit items they try to add. Such as $35 wheel locks for $250, "security etching" that costs $25 for $300. The ever shady Nitrogen tire fill as well for $200.

If you ordered the car, then they should not be adding any additional cost items. You have zero obligation to accept them.

INSANEMUSTANG9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 mustang gt
I specifically ordered a new car so it would be new and nothing done to it. If I have a signed Dora sheet with a price at the bottom and signed they can’t just toss 4K on it? I’ma call my dealer and make sure, it wouldn’t surprise me but if you have a vin and deposit on a car it’s basically yours at that point?

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I specifically ordered a new car so it would be new and nothing done to it. If I have a signed Dora sheet with a price at the bottom and signed they can’t just toss 4K on it? I’ma call my dealer and make sure, it wouldn’t surprise me but if you have a vin and deposit on a car it’s basically yours at that point?
The allocation is yours to purchase at the agreed price. It is the dealers car till you put name to paper for financing or purchase.

INSANEMUSTANG9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 mustang gt
The allocation is yours to purchase at the agreed price. It is the dealers car till you put name to paper for financing or purchase.
I will lose it. If they put trash window tint and cheep ppf on, I do wrap, tint and ppf for a living.

jbeansem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus 2014
My dealership has my car listed(same VIN) but at MSRP. So I would say the listing is normal, the added stuff is not. Listing the car is standard though. I'm told its for inventory purposes, but also, they hope other people see it, call up, and then they get to sell them a different car.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I will lose it. If they put trash window tint and cheep ppf on, I do wrap, tint and ppf for a living.
Make sure they are crystal clear about not doing it. I tell my salesman every car I buy, no add on's. Not even a dealer sticker on the paint or a plate frame. They are not paying me or giving a discount to advertise.

OP
OP

Ng1nyr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They are absolute thieves.

Always love the usual low cost, super profit items they try to add. Such as $35 wheel locks for $250, "security etching" that costs $25 for $300. The ever shady Nitrogen tire fill as well for $200.

If you ordered the car, then they should not be adding any additional cost items. You have zero obligation to accept them.
These are almost the exact options they are adding on , at a higher cost.

OP
OP

Ng1nyr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your dealership shouldn't even be listing your car for sale if you have a deposit down.
The fact that they already decided to include 4K of add-ons before they even got it is not a good sign of things to come.

You need to contact your dealership and have them explain their actions. Last thing you want is the dealership forcing those add-ons, or even selling the car to someone else who is willing to pay for the add-ons.
I am going there now to ask what the situation is.

OP
OP

Ng1nyr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My dealership has my car listed(same VIN) but at MSRP. So I would say the listing is normal, the added stuff is not. Listing the car is standard though. I'm told its for inventory purposes, but also, they hope other people see it, call up, and then they get to sell them a different car.
That’s what I suspected to be the reason. Either way I’m going to ask just to be sure.