• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Dealer forced Accessory Add-On's

dusman59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt
Its called stealing in my book. My dealer was up front with any addons. Any dealer not up front would leave one wondering how else you would be treated on service. Run fast away unless your rich.
Sponsored

Jivor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT
When I ordered my GT on 5/8, I noticed their dealer "package" with $1800 worth of garbage (mudguards, floor mats, etc.) and was able to get the first guy (who I found out later had quit the dealership a month before I bought the car to start his own shipping business) to leave off most of it, save for the ETCH and "paint protection" (read crappy ceramic coating). Once I got to the dealership 5 months after ordering, I already had a cashiers check from my bank and my own personal check (blank) to fill in the rest after my trade in. They would not budge on the $199 ETCH and $299 paint protection; and when it was time to negotiate my trade in they (Essential Ford of Stuart), flat out told me to just sell the car privately (it seemed that they couldn't be bothered to take my trade in, an 18 month old Kia K5 in good condition save for scratches on the front bumper). They listed a $750 savings on their website that I then found out only applied to on the lot cars, but not to those pre-ordered. So I had a choice, I could walk away, which they were probably hoping for, since they would have marked up my car and sold it to the next sucker along with their "package", or take a hit on my trade in. I bought the car and decided that those punks would never get a cent more of my business; BTW their reviews on Dealer Rater stand at 2.1 out of 5, so don't go there; see this link (my contact was a decent guy who asked me flat out to rate him 5 stars or don't bother at all since anything less may get him fired, but the other "manager" just looked me in the eye and graced me with a $500 increase to their first trade in offer, take it or f@#$-off since he was "all in" on the deal):
https://www.dealerrater.com/dealer/Essential-Ford-of-Stuart-review-1875/

Last edited: