• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Challenger or S650

YamenGT650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2024 PP
Challengers are outdated cars. I find it a loss to buy a recent model challenger, when you can get the same exact from a 8-10 year old challenger.
Sponsored

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
All this gushing over reasons one is so much better than the other simply points out that they are two different vehicles and what you prefer will depend on your tastes and priorities. I wanted manual V8 convertible this time. Last time around I wanted a German car and before that it was something else.

I have no idea what turning like it has rear wheel steering could possibly be unless its just oversteer, and WTF is road presence ? I can't imagine a more subjective, vague and made up characteristic to assign to an automobile. If you want to turn heads buy a '59 Cadillac.

Spider864

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 spec 2 RTR mustang
Which do you choose and why?
Owned a 2020 Scat challenger ( built the motor and cammed it )
Loved the car had tons of power and torque not a single issue great car

Just bought the mustang a few months ago and haven’t drove it waiting on a whipple but the reason I switched is because of 2 things.
1. A better transmission
2. Cheaper and easier to boost and make more power

other than that the mustang to me is just as good both are great cars if taken care of just depends what you wanna do with them.

Karguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger 6.4 Widebody 6 speed
What kind of car are you looking for. A Charger/Challenger is a full sized car that will actually fit a family of 4, even if all 4 are adults or older teenagers. TRY and squeeze a couple of near 6 foot teenage boys in the back of your Mustang. Go ahead, I can use a laugh.

Seriously, they are two different cars. Mustang is a good car for young men just starting out in life with no family and no obligations, or the young couple with young kids. It's also good for the empty nesters (NOTE, not saying anything about mid-life crisis...but I am thinking it...) who are looking for something sporty after being able to dump the practical mini-van/SUV.

The Challenger/Charger can be used by a wider range of folks. At 6'2", I still fit in the back of a Challenger (not the Charger) without having to hunch down. I see it as a competitor to my BMW F10 5 series. Great for a wide range of walks of life, and if you get the right package, downright fun to drive. No, it's not the same, but the question is, does it make you want to grab the key and go for a spin? Can you fit your clubs/guitar/kendo bag in the back/trunk? (Trust me, you want that kendo uniform and bogu in the trunk, NOT the back seat)

For me personally, the Charger/Challenger makes a lot of sense, but as my wife and I never had kids, so does the Mustang. The question when we go shopping is, which is the most fun to drive?
I hear you ! I think MT had a pretty good comparison between the S650 and the Challenger 392 WB lately…They said the Mustang was a conflicted car not knowing if it was a sportscar or a cruiser lacking torque acerbated by tall gearing but still the winner because of being the more modern car (probably the touchscreens) but they would buy the Challenger because of better looking and more fun to drive…Jonny was wrong on pne take though as the carbon fiber inside is real and not fake as he said !

Karguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All this gushing over reasons one is so much better than the other simply points out that they are two different vehicles and what you prefer will depend on your tastes and priorities. I wanted manual V8 convertible this time. Last time around I wanted a German car and before that it was something else.

I have no idea what turning like it has rear wheel steering could possibly be unless its just oversteer, and WTF is road presence ? I can't imagine a more subjective, vague and made up characteristic to assign to an automobile. If you want to turn heads buy a '59 Cadillac.
Turning on like it has tear wheel steering is not oversteer but rotation feeling like a Dyson where the whole vehicle turns instead of the front turning and then…the rear follows after a felt second.Rotation is immediate and fun !

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Turning on like it has tear wheel steering is not oversteer but rotation feeling like a Dyson where the whole vehicle turns instead of the front turning and then…the rear follows after a felt second.Rotation is immediate and fun !
That's complete gibberish, but glad you like your Dodge.

Stonehauler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, 550i
There are a number of vehicles with rear wheel steering. Some are used to give better turn radius (I think GM trucks have it?), while others had it to improve responsiveness. Under a certain speed, they turn opposite the fronts, at higher speeds they turn in the same direction to increase stability in lane changes.

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
There are a number of vehicles with rear wheel steering. Some are used to give better turn radius (I think GM trucks have it?), while others had it to improve responsiveness. Under a certain speed, they turn opposite the fronts, at higher speeds they turn in the same direction to increase stability in lane changes.
Of course, I know what it is, how it works, and what vehicles have it. but a vehicle either has it or it doesn't.

AlloyPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT Premium
Challengers are outdated cars. I find it a loss to buy a recent model challenger, when you can get the same exact from a 8-10 year old challenger.
Sort of like how the 2024 Mustang came out in 2015 and has only had small updates ever since?

Karguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sort of like how the 2024 Mustang came out in 2015 and has only had small updates ever since?
Actually the Challenger WB got its last update in 2019 with a new suspension and electronic Bilstein shocks which makes this car handle much better than any SRT narrow body or Hellcat widebody that has roughly 200 lbs more weight over the front as also 2mm smaller sway bars as also 25% softer springs on the front…Too bad that the magazines never tested the Scatpack WB against the then Mach 1 and SS1LE…I tried all three and would say the Challenger WB probably the slowest at autocross or trackday but the most practical,most comfortable and most fun to drive on the street thanks to the huge wave of Torque you can surf at any rpm and the fun handling as in rotation into turns👍 I would say the Challenger could have been build another 5 years with a few upgrades to make it close to perfect ; I bigger dead pedal , a handbrake that is not foot operated but the ABS unit holds the car on anyuphill for 3 seconds , rev match , Recaro seat option and maybe a aluminum engine block to save a few pounds…

YamenGT650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2024 PP
Dunno what you’re smoking, but the 2015 and 2024 are two different monsters, having driven both, the improvement on all aspects is noticeable.

Enjoy your 13’ ride.

AlloyPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT Premium
Dunno what you’re smoking, but the 2015 and 2024 are two different monsters, having driven both, the improvement on all aspects is noticeable.

Enjoy your 13’ ride.
Not smoking anything, just pointing out the fact that a 2015 and 2024 (will also be true in 2028) Mustang are underpinned by the same chassis, same body, etc. The MT82 is still there from 13 years ago. The 5.0 has gotten minor updates. The biggest change on the '24 is the interior and even that wasn't a ground-up refresh.

Likewise the Challenger has had updates from 2009 to 2023 with new looks, new interior, new engines, etc. but overall the foundation of the car is the same.

So, the idea that Challenger is "outdated" and Mustang is not simply isn't true. Both of those cars are old.

Karguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The S650 is basically a 10 year old car with a 14 year old motor with a few new body parts and 2 touchscreens inside...The Camaro The Camaro was new 8 years ago and had a 10 year old engine design...The Challenger had its last engine update in 2015 and the Widebody suspension/brake package for the Scatpack came in 2019...

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
The S650 is basically a 10 year old car with a 14 year old motor with a few new body parts and 2 touchscreens inside...The Camaro The Camaro was new 8 years ago and had a 10 year old engine design...The Challenger had its last engine update in 2015 and the Widebody suspension/brake package for the Scatpack came in 2019...
picking and choosing some arguments there

Dodges last engine update for the challenger was 2015 with the new 6.2 Hellcat engine, and updated 6.4 HEMI or 2018 if we account for the Demon
Fords last engine update was 2023 for the 5.0 or 2015 for the new 2.3L or 2020 if we account for the GT500

the S650 is basically a 10 year old car with a 14 year old motor
by that logic
the Camaro is basically a 12 year old car (Alpha platform was 2012) with a 10 year old motor
the Dodge is a 16 year old car with a 17 year old motor

Karguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
picking and choosing some arguments there

Dodges last engine update for the challenger was 2015 with the new 6.2 Hellcat engine, and updated 6.4 HEMI or 2018 if we account for the Demon
Fords last engine update was 2023 for the 5.0 or 2015 for the new 2.3L or 2020 if we account for the GT500

the S650 is basically a 10 year old car with a 14 year old motor
by that logic
the Camaro is basically a 12 year old car (Alpha platform was 2012) with a 10 year old motor
the Dodge is a 16 year old car with a 17 year old motor
I agree with what you said 100 %...Where the argument came from was that Ford claimed the S650 was an all new car/generation which is clearly wrong ! But the one eyed is the king among the blind...LOL Ford though a little make-up on a old horse is good enough since the other ponycars are dead and the Corvettte has gone big-$$$ numbers car and AARP-cruiser...Mustang 5.0 Winner by default...LOL Like Jonny said the Mustang is the better car ( he was probably talking about the Touchscreen my generation really doesnt care about) but his heart/money would go to the Challenger WB...I can live with his assessment because the Mustang lacks what makes V8s so much fun...TORQUE !And no I dont want no supercharger because I hate the whine and gas is 6 bucks again here in Commifornia....Plus what do you need 800 hp when the platform has traction for say 550 hp max...!
Sponsored