• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Challenger or S650

papaD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Power Wagon 2016 Challenger 392 shaker
Wife has a '17 challenger 392 with shaker hood (her 3rd)... way cool, love the torque

But Dodge does not make a convertible Challenger...

Not to say that I settled for the Mustang, had many different models in the past.

V8 rear wheel drive. They are the same, but different. Understand? LOL

akfinfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang Dark Horse - 17' Charger - 17' Ram 1500
My wife has a Charger and the Challenger interior is the exact same. I like Dodge (have a Ram 1500 and a Charger) but the Mustang to ME is where itā€™s at!

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
The challenger just isn't a good looking car. Especially the side and rear 3/4s view. The proportions are all off. If your design has crappy proportions, then nice headlights or wheels won't suddenly make it a good looking car.

Look at how awkward, clunky, and ungainly the challenger looks compared to the s650 here.

S650 Mustang Challenger or S650 dims (2)

S650 Mustang Challenger or S650 side-768x432

Last edited:

Mustang Miyagi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger
I am upgrading from a 2012 Dodge Challenger SXT to a 2024 Mustang GT premium. I would have gotten a Dodge Charger if they werenā€™t killing them off and if they upgraded the interior. But they didnā€™t. So I went with Mustang.

akfinfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang Dark Horse - 17' Charger - 17' Ram 1500
Good choice!

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium, 2024 GT Premium ordered
21 Mustang to 24 Mustang. Of all the alternatives, and out of all the cars I've had, the Mustang has been the most crazy fun for me. Love others for other reasons, but not interested in Dodge for looks, interior, tech, quality, heritage, handling. It does have power, though, and might be cheaper, but don't know.

Jivor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT
I had a 2010 Challenger RS with chrome clad wheels for 6 years before trading it in for a 2017 GS Corvette. Interior visibility sucked, and the interior electronics were relatively crude. The LX platform is a modified Mercedes E class frame which is heavy and ancient by modern standards; the thing handled like a pig in rain and crosswinds. I would not buy another Challenger if you paid me.

Last edited:

StangGang93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln MKZ Black Label
Mustang! The extra weight and suspension on the challenger make the ride feel like youā€™re driving a boat and the interior materials feel cheap similar to the Camaros interior.

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
I really like the Challenger. Gives me a more muscle car feeling than a Mustang. But I can't deal with the weight vs power ratio.

They are too slow.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
I really don't enjoy driving Challengers or Chargers. They have good power, but that's pretty much it. The soft ride, way too much weigth, etc is nice for cruising but you can't corner it at all. It feels like driving a boat on a road. Just not what I am looking for in a car.
Sponsored

Last edited: