• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Auto vs Manual …???

Jjr36011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 XLT
Had a 14 track pack manual. Def didnt have any problems. So im not worried.

May let Ben Calimer or similar do work on my trans if I happen to even have problems later. I rather put that 1500 there than pay extra drive an auto mustang.

I need the engagement. Letting the computer hit all the gears while my hands are at 10 and 2 the whole time? Noooo way lol.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

snakeyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 MACH 1
Auto faster -

plus you pay $300 less in gas guzzler tax 🤣🤣🤣

Jjr36011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 XLT
Auto faster -

plus you pay $300 less in gas guzzler tax 🤣🤣🤣
I rather keep my man card lol. Jk but I dont have an excuse. Im 31 so my knees arent bad and I dont drive 30 miles in traffic to work and my girl has her own car she doesnt drive mines. Manual all the way.

Last edited:
OP
OP

snakeyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 MACH 1
Auto

F A S T E R …!!! 👍🏻

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Auto gets the intelligent cruise control with speed limit sign recognition too. I’m all for not having to mess with the cruise when going through a city with 35mph limit when coming in from a highway going 75

Jjr36011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 XLT
If one wanted faster theres PLENTY cars that would dominate this car for the price(Some DH are 80k ordered!) .My f150 powerboost has a 10spd too. So I own one.

The endorphins I get banging gears and feeling it knowing I am pushing that car not fords latest update. Mmm *chefs kiss*.

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Auto gets the intelligent cruise control with speed limit sign recognition too. I’m all for not having to mess with the cruise when going through a city with 35mph limit when coming in from a highway going 75
Also remote start and rev :)

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
Auto gets the intelligent cruise control with speed limit sign recognition too
My eyes work fine. Maybe you need glasses?

Having to even look for that cruise settings is an accident waiting to happen and a danger to the driving public. Ford couldn't have designed a more retarded and awkward button system.

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06

Having to even look for that cruise settings is an accident waiting to happen and a danger to the driving public. Ford couldn't have designed a more retarded and awkward button system.
If hitting two buttons on your steering wheel is too "retarded and awkward" and a "danger to the public" for you then I would agree, probably better if you stick to fully manual driving.

For those that have used adaptive cruise for years, it's now a must have feature for me, and adding some "intelligence" to it is greatly appreciated. And no, even on my cars with and w/o adaptive cruise I have never gotten a ticket or been in an accident. Safety features are never a reason to not pay attention, but I certainly welcome them on monotonous drives or road trips : )

OP
OP

snakeyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 MACH 1

Well, Hardy, har, har - good for you, - and trust me someday they won’t.

When that day comes maybe you will need the creature comforts. By the way how are things going on Black Beards ship “The Ourismon” …?

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
I’m completely over stick shift at this point in my life, 41, was a manual die hard like many.

When I got into foxes, the T5 was ALWAYS faster… we got manuals and banged gears because that was part of going faster… the autos now are just too good… and the difference has become staggering!

I still have a fully manual valve bodied c4 in my fox, and a true manual in my ST, but am really looking forward to the 10spd and paddles, drove my bros gt500 and couldn’t imagine having to hit a clutch pedal. You just lose too much momentum.

Now if they had a sequential gearbox… I’d really be into that!

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
By the way how are things going on Black Beards ship “The Ourismon” …?
apparently they (front office) drank too much 'get rich ADM' ale and think past performance criteria no longer need apply. Very disappointing, frankly.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
the T5 was ALWAYS faster… we got manuals and banged gears because that was part of going faster… the autos now are just too good… and the difference has become staggering!
unless your livelihood depends on being 'faster' why would even 10 people care which is 'faster' only when driven on prepared surfaces and controlled conditions?

I'm 50 and my choice of stick is steadily becoming more rabid and non-negotiable. I sold the F150 and will now only consider trucks with stick.

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
Must be a use thing… i literally only drive my mustangs to gap other cars that want to F around.

That’s my enjoyment… putting the other car in the rear view.
Are there any stick trucks in 2024? I don’t even think we make stick shift rangers anymore.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are there any stick trucks in 2024?
about the only one left is Tacoma and I haven't checked 22+ if they still do manual. My selection basically stops at 2015 or a little bit earlier for most other options. Ford had the good sense to put a stick in the Bronco, and Jeep still does or did till very recently - not that those qualify as 'trucks'.
Sponsored