• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Auto vs Manual …???

snakeyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 MACH 1
So I’m curious if all you guys and gals would be so kind as to list which transmission you ordered with your new 2024 DarkHorse - just DarkHorse people please (because of the Tremec) not because of any perceived prejudices… thanks …

I ordered the 6 speed
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Congrats on ordering your new DH but I'm not sure what you are looking for. Confirmation that you made the right choice or reasons for why you might have screwed up. What does it matter what anyone else on here thinks? It's not as if you know any of us personally. You ordered a great car with an awesome transmission. That should be enough.

Popcorn time!!! 🍿

OP
OP

snakeyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 MACH 1
I’m not asking for thoughts about which is better just asking for numbers- simply put numbers - who bought which transmission no reason why, just what you bought period …

This isn’t a mine is better than yours, or did I make the right choice, or any damn thing else just numbers…!!! So how bout you take your popcorn go somewhere else and stop trying to stir shit when there’s no shit to stir … hear me …???

Congrats on ordering your new DH but I'm not sure what you are looking for. Confirmation that you made the right choice or reasons for why you might have screwed up. What does it matter what anyone else on here thinks? It's not as if you know any of us personally. You ordered a great car with an awesome transmission. That should be enough.

Popcorn time!!! 🍿

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
I’m not asking for thoughts about which is better just asking for numbers- simply put numbers - who bought which transmission no reason why, just what you bought period …

This isn’t a mine is better than yours, or did I make the right choice, or any damn thing else just numbers…!!! So how bout you take your popcorn go somewhere else and stop trying to stir shit when there’s no shit to stir … hear me …???
S650 Mustang Auto vs Manual …??? 1680374756015

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Mustang GT Vert , 2024 Mustang GT Vert
I went with the automatic.
If I didn’t, wifey wouldn’t be on board.
Has she ever driven something with that much power ?

KAlexander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F350 CCLB Plat, 2018 GT350, 20 ZX6R, 20 ZX10R

If that's what you wanted then start a poll. @Bikeman315 made a lighthearted comment so there isn't a need to get your panties all wadded up. There WILL be shit talking on this forum, welcomed or not lmao.
Also, something about the way that reply was constructed/said that screams boomer...GOBBLESS HOSS

Osage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse
Has she ever driven something with that much power ?
Yes. I had a loaded 2022 BMW M3 Competition xDrive with flappy paddles and she loved it. Ultimately, I needed a truck for work duties and I took advantage of the ridiculous used market and sold the car for $10k more than I paid.

Getting the Dark Horse as a 3rd car.

Towerism

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 6 speed, 2021 Volvo XC40 R-Design
Manual. I’ve owned an automatic mustang before. I have a pretty strong opinion about this. But note that I do not judge anyone for what they prefer to drive. This is just an account of my own experience.

The auto was such a bore for me to drive. The V8 sound gets old after a while and then there isn’t much left to enjoy about the car after that. There are better driver’s cars out there when you forget about the V8. For me, nothing about driving a manual gets old. Traffic, parking lots, open roads. They are all fun with a manual.

OP
OP

snakeyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 MACH 1
Well thank you for the advice probably should have done that (poll) - oh and while I’m at it - what is a boomer and gobbless hoss … can you enlighten me ? Thanks

If that's what you wanted then start a poll. @Bikeman315 made a lighthearted comment so there isn't a need to get your panties all wadded up. There WILL be shit talking on this forum, welcomed or not lmao.
Also, something about the way that reply was constructed/said that screams boomer...GOBBLESS HOSS

Last edited:
OP
OP

snakeyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 MACH 1
No “liberal” here my friends -

So who bought what …?

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
I think the automatic is worth it for the ACTIVE lane keep assist alone

OP
OP

snakeyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 MACH 1
No “liberal” here my friends -

So who bought what …?
those that listed their builds on the build sheet register…

49 - autos
43 - manual